Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New 1v1 Gamemode

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2017
Hello. I have an idea that will probably not get added into the game, but It's worth a try! It's called Restricted 1v1. It is a gamemode type of 1v1 that ANYBODY can play, no membership or no crowns required and anybody, regardless of level, can play. However, you cannot gain or lose any of your PVP rating from this. This gamemode is all for fun!

So, first we should talk about illegal spells. Illegal spells are spells that you cannot play in a match. For example, say a spell is illegal. Both players cannot use that spell, and it will be removed from the battle if it is in their deck. That is how illegal spells will work. Now, let me show you the spells that are illegal.

Next are spells that are "In-between". These spells are in between illegal and legal spells. They are not illegal, but aren't exactly legal either. These spells will have decreased stats (damage, heal, ward or charm),
but you can still use them.

Finally, legal spells. These spells are spells that are allowed in the match. You will be able to play them like the same old spell they are. No restrictions.'Nuff said.

ILLEGAL SPELLS:
All spells that cost a Shadow Pip(s)
All 10 Pip spells
The Loremaster spell (Yes, the dreaded Loremaster spell!)
All Minions

"IN-BETWEEN" SPELLS:
Winter Moon (Stun mechanic removed)
Tower Shield (-20% less value on the shield, makes for less spammers.)

LEGAL SPELLS:
Any spell that isn't illegal!

Finally, we shall get into Weekly Prizes. Weekly Prizes are prizes you can get each week for participating in this gamemode! To enter into Weekly Prizes, you need 100 Crowns. Once you use 100 Crowns for these Weekly Prizes, you will get a prize every Sunday, 11:59 PM Eastern Time. These prizes are based on your performance in the challenge, and will be counted as "Challenge Points". For every win, you gain 100 Challenge Points. For every loss, you lose 100 Challenge Points. At the end of the week on Sunday, results are collected. The #1, #2, and #3 challengers will receive the best prizes. You can earn Gold, Pets, Mounts, Gear, and even Crowns! The better you did, the better prizes you will receive. Prizes are based on your level.

I hope you like this suggestion!
~ Chase Fire, Level 50 Pyromancer

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Excluding the part about the spells, there is already a PVP mode that allows all levels, regardless of subscription status to take part in. I understand the part about the spells, but its PVP. Loremaster is just a good of spell as any other, just with added effects.

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there!

I like where you're coming from but we already have a system like that (Except for the prizes and debuffs)

You could either go to someone's house for PvP or go to the dueling arena for "Practice PvP"

You just need a group of people you trust who will follow the rules.
Other forums already have the idea that you have (They make their own tournaments, and it is open to everyone! There's no fees or anything!) To enforce the "Illegal" and "In-Between" spells, they will disqualify you if you use any of those spells. Or something like that.

Finally, I don't think KI will give away free prizes. 95% of the developments they do somehow benefits them, giving out freebies isn't really a thing they do well at. (And it's for a good reason)

Anyways, I hope this somehow helped.
Jack Legend

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Firestar9182 on Jan 1, 2018 wrote:
Hello. I have an idea that will probably not get added into the game, but It's worth a try! It's called Restricted 1v1. It is a gamemode type of 1v1 that ANYBODY can play, no membership or no crowns required and anybody, regardless of level, can play. However, you cannot gain or lose any of your PVP rating from this. This gamemode is all for fun!

So, first we should talk about illegal spells. Illegal spells are spells that you cannot play in a match. For example, say a spell is illegal. Both players cannot use that spell, and it will be removed from the battle if it is in their deck. That is how illegal spells will work. Now, let me show you the spells that are illegal.

Next are spells that are "In-between". These spells are in between illegal and legal spells. They are not illegal, but aren't exactly legal either. These spells will have decreased stats (damage, heal, ward or charm),
but you can still use them.

Finally, legal spells. These spells are spells that are allowed in the match. You will be able to play them like the same old spell they are. No restrictions.'Nuff said.

ILLEGAL SPELLS:
All spells that cost a Shadow Pip(s)
All 10 Pip spells
The Loremaster spell (Yes, the dreaded Loremaster spell!)
All Minions

"IN-BETWEEN" SPELLS:
Winter Moon (Stun mechanic removed)
Tower Shield (-20% less value on the shield, makes for less spammers.)

LEGAL SPELLS:
Any spell that isn't illegal!

Finally, we shall get into Weekly Prizes. Weekly Prizes are prizes you can get each week for participating in this gamemode! To enter into Weekly Prizes, you need 100 Crowns. Once you use 100 Crowns for these Weekly Prizes, you will get a prize every Sunday, 11:59 PM Eastern Time. These prizes are based on your performance in the challenge, and will be counted as "Challenge Points". For every win, you gain 100 Challenge Points. For every loss, you lose 100 Challenge Points. At the end of the week on Sunday, results are collected. The #1, #2, and #3 challengers will receive the best prizes. You can earn Gold, Pets, Mounts, Gear, and even Crowns! The better you did, the better prizes you will receive. Prizes are based on your level.

I hope you like this suggestion!
~ Chase Fire, Level 50 Pyromancer
I.... REALLY.... like this idea!!!!! Oh my gosh, I would love this in the game! You should try to pursue this and post it in any topic that is relevant!

I like the rules. Less is more. So basically, it's hard because it's only for the more basic spells.

I have a question about astrals. On the "in-between" spells, or any illegal spell that has fewer pips, powerful enchants could be used to make the spell as strong as a 10 pip spells could be. And what about the other sun school spells like potent trap or sharpen blade that make blades and traps SUPER strong? Maybe there could be a limit to how many blades used at a time for each school? And what about star school spells? Would those be legal? And personally I think polymorphs are basically making yourself a minion so I think those should be illegal.

What about gear? The chance to critical or pierce? Should those be limited? what if each player were given an equal amount of critical and block? Like, level 50s get 50 critical and block. 60 get 75, 70 get 100, 80 get 150, 90 get 215, and so on. But no pierce because shields are already so weak. idk, what do you think?

- Amanda GoldenHeart, Level 87 Thaumaturge