Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School choosing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2016
So I have recently gotten back into this game and I am having lots of fun but i would like to make a new character because i don't want to play on my old balance. I would like to know what the best school for soloing and also the most fun school. For the answers I would like them to be as opinionated as possible and I just want to hear what you guys think is the best for soloing and having fun. Please don't make a chart or whatever explaining what the schools are good for, Thank you.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
This is one of those questions that will get you an answer of each school based on how the replyer likes to play.

Do you want to solo and deal lots of damage? Storm

Do you enjoy a challenge in each and every quest? Ice

Do you enjoy helping others? Life

I have soloed (with the exception of team-ups on bosses) my Life Wizard all the way to level 85 in Azteca. When I go on team-ups I go as the healer and keep the party alive (something I've done since the 1980's playing paper and pencil RPGs

So really the question is what style of game play makes YOU happy? and go from there.

As an aside, once I have Steven maxed, I plan on starting a new wizard from a different school and re-running the entire W101 experience. Because it's different for every school.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there!

I think the best three schools to go with are the elemental: Ice, Storm, Fire. (And maybe balance?)

I think these schools will give a steady pace if you're going to solo all your worlds. However, they do have their pros and cons. Eventually has you get into higher levels, the cons will go away (most of them).

I use Ice for my main character and I'm soloing alright. You can get pretty good offence and defense so that's a decent pro. A con is that you need to use a lot of blades/auras/bubbles (2 - 4 per battle) in order to kill monsters. But you do have resist which will allow you to blade up.

I don't think I can give an accurate answer for other schools I mentioned that were "the best"

However I strongly discourage you to go with Myth, Death, Life if you're soloing. You don't get an AOE spell until you're a higher level, thus making your start of the game a bit more difficult.

I hope this somehow helped!

Jack Legend