Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being Able to Upgrade Minions

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Dear Kingsisle,

I have noticed that the minions wizards have are unable to upgrade their minions. In all the additions that have been made, I am surprised that this hasn't been done.

As levels get higher and higher, that 350 health fairy may get knocked out in the first round if a fireball is cast by the enemy. I realize that being able to make it through the game when soloing is sometimes not by choice, but I at times am and in need of a partner.

Dane and Timothy Pearlflower

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
There's LOTS of ways they could improve minions:

1) Being able to pick the minion's deck
2) let them gain experience when used and have their stats grow
3) have their stats be a percentage of the casting wizard's stats
4) Allow them to have armor
5) create new minion specific recipes during a fight that would allow the upgrading of the minions when they're cast. So, for example, a Combine Minion card that allows you to merge 2 minion cards together, which would then improve the stats of the single minion cast

There's LOTS of ideas, KI just needs to figure one out and do them. Not all of the above ideas would work, and they would need to be for PvE only, but these are just random suggestions off the top of my head

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
There are two already in game mechanics that could be implemented. Minions could be equipped like pets, trained like pets (similar to P101) and ready at each battle just like a pet or any other piece of equipment.

Or there could be a whole new batch of Minion Enhancement treasure cards: Boost Health, Boost Armor, Boost Level.

I summoned my Pixie in every battle right up until I got to level mobs and bosses that one-shotted her before she could do anything.

I fear that eventually Sir Bedevere will face the same obsolescence. So yes, being able to boost Minions would eb a welcome addition to W101

Steven Ghoststalker

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Seems to me, that they at one time tried doing minion leveling or armor, but I wasn't sure what happened to it.

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
Make minions act like the companions from Pirate 101 and give the player the same management options. Would also add more side quests as minions reach certain levels, one of my favorite parts of P101 (as well as the "hidden" companions).

Same rules would apply, if they are completing tasks they are unavailable for summoning. You can also place them in your homes but not have them available for summon.

Only problem with this is it mean myth would have to get a decent buff to make up for losing one of their biggest perks.

Would give KI another good thing in the crown shop though - permanent and rental minions.