Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sunken City, Marleybone and Grizzelhiem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2015
THIS IS A THREAD CONCERNING THE "Pull into Battle Feature"

Sunken City you can get pulled off the sidewalk

Marleybone THEIR IS NO SIDEWALK

Girzzelhiem THEIR IS NO SIDEWALK

Why this is an issue (duh) is because half the time in grizzelhiem Vigril Roughland you found yourself getting pulled off places their SHOULD be sideawalk

Marleybone isn't As bad as they have the little wooden ramps that indicate sidewalks but When you try to cross ON THE RAMPS you get pulled anyway

Sunken City I got pulled off the sidewalk on my way to Grubb

This is an issue because I don't find these worlds as enjoyable when you cant walk towards your goal without getting pulled

Now I'm not saying to all the Wizard City Sidewalks into Marleybone and Grizz because that would look dumb but maybe like Deep Warrens (in crab alley) make a section that/circle that the mobs walk in leaving the rest as save/sidewalk

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
vincenttheprince on Dec 26, 2017 wrote:
THIS IS A THREAD CONCERNING THE "Pull into Battle Feature"

Sunken City you can get pulled off the sidewalk

Marleybone THEIR IS NO SIDEWALK

Girzzelhiem THEIR IS NO SIDEWALK

Why this is an issue (duh) is because half the time in grizzelhiem Vigril Roughland you found yourself getting pulled off places their SHOULD be sideawalk

Marleybone isn't As bad as they have the little wooden ramps that indicate sidewalks but When you try to cross ON THE RAMPS you get pulled anyway

Sunken City I got pulled off the sidewalk on my way to Grubb

This is an issue because I don't find these worlds as enjoyable when you cant walk towards your goal without getting pulled

Now I'm not saying to all the Wizard City Sidewalks into Marleybone and Grizz because that would look dumb but maybe like Deep Warrens (in crab alley) make a section that/circle that the mobs walk in leaving the rest as save/sidewalk
You just have to be more careful in how you travel through those places. I also was pulled just as you are experiencing now. Some areas are more sensitive than others, so hugging the extreme edges of those pathways will allow safe travel.
In other words - "Stay as far away from the mob edge of the 'sidewalk' as possible".

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
While I agree with this thread. I would like to point out that Marleybone does now have "sidewalks" as compared to when I first played back in '09. I remember the frustration of having to time your movements across the rooftops in between the running mobs. Then hoping and praying you kept your pace steady enough that you didn't run into the back of the mob by going to fast or have the mob run into by going to slow.

But yes, being forcibly pulled into battle by the mob is frustrating at best and complete waste of time at worst.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 20, 2015
I agree with both replies but sometime's in grizzelhiem you hit an invisible wall causing you to walk around it and go into battle.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
vincenttheprince on Dec 29, 2017 wrote:
I agree with both replies but sometime's in grizzelhiem you hit an invisible wall causing you to walk around it and go into battle.
Completely agreed. There's a few places in Celestia, Zafaria and Avalon as well where you need to time your movements or be roped into battle.

Just recently I was helping a group in Sunken City and I actually got pulled off the sidewalk.

Yes it is frustrating, but again it is nowhere near as bad as Marleybone was back in '09

Steven Ghoststalker