Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 60-70 death gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
Hey guys, I'm just starting Zafaria and I'm looking for some new gear that will help make Zafaria a bit easier. If anyone can tell me where I can get some decent Legendary to Transcended gear then that would be amazing. I also understand that some of you guys will recommend I do waterworks, but I don't really feel like farming it and I'm just really excited to get into Zafaria lol. So if anyone could tell me where to find at least some decent legendary gear for a death wizard, then that would be greatly appreciated!

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Pfft, I was actually going to recommend Waterworks gear.

But if you're all caught up with your crafting quests, I recommend going for the Wintertusk crafted gear in Sudrilund. Its not exactly a replacement for Waterworks but it's the next best thing.

As a matter of fact, I remember that my death wizard used mostly Wintertusk rings and athames until I got up to level 90.

So just craft the Wintertusk gear, go to the bazaar, and look for the Wintertusk level 56-58 rings and athames.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Honestly I kept the Wintertusk craftable gear until partway Avalon and I soloed all but Belloq and Mirror Lake. So I say craft that gear, its a lot less time consuming than farming for gear you are going to replace before long.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
Heuna on Dec 26, 2017 wrote:
Honestly I kept the Wintertusk craftable gear until partway Avalon and I soloed all but Belloq and Mirror Lake. So I say craft that gear, its a lot less time consuming than farming for gear you are going to replace before long.
Alright, I'll start working on that then. Thanks guys!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What I used was:

the Wintertusk Hat for the extra blade
waterworks robe and boots
helephant tower ring and ahtame
L98 death pet which gives another stacking blade

Took me quite far and worked quite well for me. Death's biggest problem is power building due to way life saps work, and I only used spells that healed me. BEFORE L86 and Sharpened blade, with the above strategy, I had 3 blades that stacked, 4 if I used Death blade TC, and also packed a punch from the gear. Once you get sharpened blade in Azteca, you now have 4 stacking blades (5 with tcs), so you can last a LONG time in tough battles with life saps. Play your own way of course :) Happy hunting

Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
dayerider on Dec 28, 2017 wrote:
What I used was:

the Wintertusk Hat for the extra blade
waterworks robe and boots
helephant tower ring and ahtame
L98 death pet which gives another stacking blade

Took me quite far and worked quite well for me. Death's biggest problem is power building due to way life saps work, and I only used spells that healed me. BEFORE L86 and Sharpened blade, with the above strategy, I had 3 blades that stacked, 4 if I used Death blade TC, and also packed a punch from the gear. Once you get sharpened blade in Azteca, you now have 4 stacking blades (5 with tcs), so you can last a LONG time in tough battles with life saps. Play your own way of course :) Happy hunting
Thank you so much! :) I really appreciate the help.