Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help on the Black Palace?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2017
I recently got to the Black Palace quest. I went in there thinking it couldn't be too hard because I had defeated so many mobs easily in ZF, and then I saw the boss with three minions! I asked some of my friends to help, but it turned out it was a gauntlet, which meant I couldn't get any help unless I restarted. I decided to try to solo it, but that failed once I got to the cheating boss. Could anyone help me or give me some tips? Thanks. (PS I am a lvl 65 storm)

-Chris MythGiver Lvl 65

-Chris IceGiver Lvl 4
-Chris LifeGiver Lvl 2
-Chris DeathGiver Lvl 1
-Chris StormGiver Lvl 1

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
One thing you can try is using the "Team Up" function, then hopefully someone else with the same quest - or a high level wizard who just wants to help - will join you and help you out.

As for defeating the cheating boss...

For TimTim, the way to get rid of his 90% Tower Shield is by HEALING yourself just as you're ready to strike (then you will get one round to hit before he replaces it), or by removal. If you Pierce, Shatter or Steal his shield, he won't replace it until after you hit him.

So, either pack some low pip heals like Sprite, and/or pack some treasure card Pierce cards so you can remove his shield right before you plan to hit him.

Another option is to buy a lowish level Life henchman to heal you and help out. I like the level 70 ones, because they don't cost too much and heal a lot more than they hit. Again, you'd set up a hit and then wait until they heal you and the Tower vanishes for one round. That's your chance to strike!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Black Palace isn't as challenging as you may think it is. Here's a rundown of tactics you can employ in order to be successful.

Avoid unnecessary mob battles - Avoid the Black Tusk Cultists roaming about.

Deck - Have a small deck with a couple blades (storm blade, elemental blades), AoE's (Tempest, Storm Lord), Enchants (Gargatuan) and shields/heals (if necessary).

Gear - Have waterworks gear? It helps!

Wand - A solid wand also helps. Assuming you've the Sky Iron Hasta

Strategy - Power through the basic fights using your small deck (including the one requiring to defeat the councilor).
Once you've arrived at the boss. You will have to employ a slightly different tactic.
Tim-tim Snakeeye as you suggested is a boss that cheats. Understanding his cheats and using them to your advantage is an efficient way in taking down the wanna be elephant.

He will begin by casting that -90 Tower Shield. This can easily be removed by pierce (get a couple from bazaar and place in your side deck). - He won't recast until he takes damage.

Healing also removes the shield temporarily but he will recast it a turn or two later.

Now, with this said, this is what you want to do.
Place a convert on him (don't blade incase he uses Leviathan).
After he has exhausted a good amount of his pips, begin to blade.
Don't use any wand attacks.
Heal if you have to.
Use a couple Storm Shields while you build pips.
Use a storm trap or better yet feint (get from bazaar if not trained).
Leviathan enchanted with all these necessary boost should take him out. If not, Storm Lord works too.
If he lives, repeat the procedure, only alter the spell used and use tempest instead (should be enough to take him out).

Good Luck!

Survivor
Aug 19, 2017
Freshta and Star Edward,
Thanks so much for the advice! I just defeated Tim-Tim with the help of one of my friends, it was pretty easy because I just healed him all the time and he defeated Tim-Tim. Again, thanks for the help!
-Chris MythGiver