Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mirage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
I just started doing Mirage and i like the word but i have the question: Why minions suddenly deal 10 times more damage then bosses in Polaris? They have lower health, i think. I don't mind it so much but it just such sudden hop in difficulty. In Polaris i was able to cruise the world with open mouth and shock in my face, it was that easy. Now mirage i have to actually focus on the game, while playing. Since i am casual player, i have Malistaire set and nothing else ( not even jewels). It's not hard yet, but this sudden increase in difficulty is surprising. Why is there this sudden increase?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
There was a LOT of controversy over Mirage and how insane the mobs are in terms of damage. Believe it or not, you're actually seeing the nerfed down version!

They used to do all that damage, but with much higher health. When KI lowered the health last January, some people breathed a sigh of relief while others objected that it was now "too easy." (Can't please everyone.)

They take some getting used to, but most mobs are still fairly easy to defeat as long as you pay attention and have a streamlined spell deck. Small decks work best here.

Alia Misthaven