Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up Penalties

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Talk about anything having to do with team up penalties.

One of my wizards answered a team up in Krokotopia.

It was a puzzle room.

We all ran around trying to answer the puzzle. Far as I can tell we answered it correctly. Nothing else was in the room, nothing happened, no gate opened, so everyone ran out.

I turned the pillars off and then on again in the correct order. I was the only one in the room by then. Again, nothing happened. So I left too. Ran out the way we came in.

When I tried to team up, I had a ten minute penalty.

Why?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
All puzzle rooms in Krokotopia must be solved in a specific order for the doors to open. Are you sure they were solved in the correct way? I too like to know why there's a penalte to team-up again? I see no meaning to it

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
There's a room in Krokotopia where the answer to the puzzle is to stand still at the top of the ramp, just inside the doorway. You will see the sequence of the puzzle. If you move down into the room too quickly, the 'answer' vanishes.

Once someone activates the puzzle oblisks in the correct order, a silver chest appears.

Not sure if that's the room you were in, but ... if no one figured out the puzzle correctly, the chest would never have appeared and it would look like nothing happened in that room. The room is Oka's chest.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It would've been nice if you could specify the exact dungeon this occurred. o:

My guess is that since the quest in the room wasn't completed or rather incompleted, the game recognized this resulting in the penalty.

But you mentioned nothing occurred, a bug maybe?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Star Edward on Dec 11, 2017 wrote:
It would've been nice if you could specify the exact dungeon this occurred. o:

My guess is that since the quest in the room wasn't completed or rather incompleted, the game recognized this resulting in the penalty.

But you mentioned nothing occurred, a bug maybe?

I wish I could remember. I would've included that in the OP. Promise.

There was a book in the middle. The hint was something about if you don't see it at first, go back and then forward again. When we did that, three holograms of pillars appeared. Croc, Bird, Snake, something like that.
Those pillars were meant to be clicked in the same order as the clues appeared left to right.

The others were running around, clicking everything and it did not look like they were working together. There is a likelihood someone clicked the wrong pillar.

Once they all left, after people were saying what's going wrong, why isn't anything happening, words to that effect; I turned all pillars off, went up the ramp to view the clues again, lit the pillars in the correct order. Still nothing.

It's possible they got the chest and all ran out again, and I didn't see it. But the question remains: I did nothing wrong. Why did I get a penalty? I didn't leave until after everyone else left. No enemies ever appeared.

Sometimes people call for a team up when it's really just a puzzle room or a talk to NPC thing.

I am still not sure what happened.

Oka's Chest does not sound familiar.

Thank you all for your replies.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
It sounds like you were in "Temple of Storms" in "Tomb of of Storms" area. I went through there and you have to solve the puzzles in the order the book says and listen for clues. Try again and this time one person works the puzzles at a time to prevent a mix up.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Dec 13, 2017 wrote:

There was a book in the middle. The hint was something about if you don't see it at first, go back and then forward again. When we did that, three holograms of pillars appeared. Croc, Bird, Snake, something like that.
Those pillars were meant to be clicked in the same order as the clues appeared left to right.

The others were running around, clicking everything and it did not look like they were working together. There is a likelihood someone clicked the wrong pillar.

Once they all left, after people were saying what's going wrong, why isn't anything happening, words to that effect; I turned all pillars off, went up the ramp to view the clues again, lit the pillars in the correct order. Still nothing.

It's possible they got the chest and all ran out again, and I didn't see it. But the question remains: I did nothing wrong. Why did I get a penalty? I didn't leave until after everyone else left. No enemies ever appeared.

Sometimes people call for a team up when it's really just a puzzle room or a talk to NPC thing.

Oka's chest is what the quest sends us there to open.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Trophy_Quest#axzz51AFCwreK&gsc.tab=0

That instance shouldn't even have a team-up option, since there is no battle.

----

Speaking of "anything having to do with penalties," last night I joined a battle in Avalon. It was an Ice boss and I was playing on my Ice - but that was fine since my goal was to support the other wizard. I said "hi," and waited for the only other wizard in the room to finish her dialog. A minute passed. She didn't move. I kept waiting. I didn't join the battle, just waited....

...and waited...

...maybe she was afk?

Waited five minutes, torn over what to do. If I joined the battle, the choice would be to either stall forever in hope she returns, flee, or finish without her. In all cases, she'd be denied the help she asked for. On the other hand, if she never moves, how long do I wait?

I waited five minutes and then left without having entered the battle.

At the kiosk, I only had to wait another five minutes before joining. The time I waited inside the instance counted towards the penalty.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
SparkleTude on Dec 13, 2017 wrote:

o:

I recall this instance.

Was in in Grand Arena, maybe?
Because this instance sounds a lot like as mentioned above, Oka's Chest. Solving the puzzle correctly leads to a silver chest spawning at the back of the room. The task is completed once the chest is retrieved and opened.

Sometimes people call for a team up when it's really just a puzzle room or a talk to NPC thing. - I believe that's implemented because they are genuinely persons out there that have difficulty in solving the puzzles. However, for instances like these, the quest should be over once the puzzle is solved no matter who did the solving and hence, no penalties.

But even if they got the chest, the puzzle should've been solved awarding everyone a count to the "helper" badge.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
You will receive a 10 minute waiting period if you join a team-up and leave before the battle/dungeon is finished, even if everyone has already left. However, if you leave a team-up before it starts (while it is still counting down), you will not receive the wait time. Also, if you complete a battle and not every player was in the battle when it ended, you will not receive team-up credit. Hope that helps!