Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

non-helping teammates

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 20, 2012
Ok, I just finished a 3v3 tournament and came in last because the other two on my team would just pass and say they don't feel like trying. Basically it was 3v1 the complete tournament. I just think that Kingsisle should do something about these selfish people. Can some others chime in and tell of more situations like this so maybe KI will do something about it. I am personally sick of these type of people getting on teams causing them to come in last.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
codyblueshield10 on Dec 10, 2017 wrote:
Ok, I just finished a 3v3 tournament and came in last because the other two on my team would just pass and say they don't feel like trying. Basically it was 3v1 the complete tournament. I just think that Kingsisle should do something about these selfish people. Can some others chime in and tell of more situations like this so maybe KI will do something about it. I am personally sick of these type of people getting on teams causing them to come in last.
You might be running into people who only want the arena tickets so they can get the PVP participation trophies required for the new Revered Crafting level.

Please tell them that if they wear an orange hat (any orange hat) and stand just outside the arena in Sunbird realm, any day at 4 AM, 8 AM, 4 PM or 8 PM Central Standard USA time zone, they might meet up with other "Shirkers" or "Orange Hats."

That is the way we have devised in order to play PVP and gather up arena tickets without involving others who are active or serious about PVP.

Otherwise you're going to keep running into people who just stand there, or who join a tournament and then log out, because there are many who do not wish to play PVP at all but who wish to complete their crafting levels or craft the wand that goes with Revered.

Some of us tried to devise a practical way to address this in a manner that would make everyone involved the happiest.

But so far no one is showing up in orange hats. Spread the word and encourage people to join the Shirker Squad and battle other Orange Hats. Then they can take turns winning and losing. That is the general idea.

Sorry this happened to you.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
This happens to me on occasion and honestly, I don't think KI will do anything about it because they can't force people to play like true team players or play nice. Being a selfish knucklehead doesn't go against KI's code of conduct.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
How can KI force players to participate if they don't want to?

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
As someone has already said, I believe those people were only in the tourney for the tickets. I think there should be a separate option for players like this.

Explorer
May 20, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 11, 2017 wrote:
How can KI force players to participate if they don't want to?
Well if they sign up they should have to participate.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
I think it would help if they remove the flee button in pvp matches. That way if they don't want to participate at least they will still have to stay there.