Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-8-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hiya Wizards! It’s Friday, and time once again for Feedback, so let’s get to it, shall we?

This last month of the year, we’re continuing our common theme, retrospect on Wizard in 2017. This week, let’s focus on fashion and function on the things you wear and carry. Again, this is a two part question:

#1 - what is your favorite GEAR ITEM/SET or WEAPON from 2017?
#2 - what is the GEAR ITEM/SET or WEAPON that we haven't made yet that you desperately want?

Also, definitely let us know if the LOOKS or the FUNCTION (or both) is what you like about it the most.

Happy Friday and a warm weekend ahead!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Professor Falmea on Dec 8, 2017 wrote:
Hiya Wizards! It’s Friday, and time once again for Feedback, so let’s get to it, shall we?

This last month of the year, we’re continuing our common theme, retrospect on Wizard in 2017. This week, let’s focus on fashion and function on the things you wear and carry. Again, this is a two part question:

#2 - what is the GEAR ITEM/SET or WEAPON that we haven't made yet that you desperately want?

Also, definitely let us know if the LOOKS or the FUNCTION (or both) is what you like about it the most.

Happy Friday and a warm weekend ahead!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
1) I like the Cabalist hat stats, as well as the stats on the Empyrea crafted shoes. I also really like the mounts from the Professor pack.

2) I've been wanting this for years now, but can we please get outfits that have their own visual effects? I really want to have fiery sparks coming off my robe as I move (watch the Catching Fire Tribute Parade to get a better visualization).

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
My favorite gear set is the abyssal warrior and whip. Although, I'd really like to see a flail with a tower shield or maybe even a gunblade to fit the space travel feel.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
I know this a very VERY recent item, but the glow and particle effects on the Silent Knight's Cold Steel simply made it an instant favorite especially with that may cast Dragonblade (though stat wise does leave a bit to be desired ). Also I have to bring up the Cabalist Banners dropped by Medulla. Love the art colors and overall appearance it has that intimidating, and powerful feel when you see it at first! Though hope the young wizards carrying it around don't over work themselves carrying such a large object.

As you might of guessed from my first answer I am a bit of a fan of glowing, pretty lights, and particle effects. That said I would really think a great mass of wizards would agree that there should be more attires focused around our school symbols! I've always loved the ones dropped in Marleybone specifically the Jester Robes. The ones sets dropped in Mirror Lake are swell too. Always wanted some more of those simple but stylish school attires, but with some subtle glow or particle effects on the school icon itself or the cape or BOTH! Something not to overpowering and bright that it get's annoying (Maybe add a option for those that do) I think personally would be a very welcomed edition.

Secondly I wasn't sure to add this, but Valencia is one of my favorite worlds. So rustic with that charm you hear only fine wine can carry is what I think when I hear the music of Valencia's skyway. That said would love a duelist outfit from Valencian origin with a very fancy short sword as a wand. I know there is already a bundle in existence, but a few more well decorated variations is something I would personally love that hopefully aren't to bulky looking but instill the sense of stylishness, speed, and maneuverability, like a certain pirate hero "cough cough" or so I've heard.
Thank you for reading

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
1) Moolinda's hardy headwrap (the life feint is useful when I'm soloing)

2) I don't know about a piece of gear y'all haven't made. Something to increase the chance of life criticals, because mine is really low.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Love the school designed gear on the elegant gear. Shadow and Astral themed gear would be an interesting addition, along with the school patterns going onto more gear. The master designed gear is fantastic looking too. Really hope that one comes back especially.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Baba Yaga's maces are nice, they have good stats and a spectacular look.

I still want gear sets based on the arcanum scholars outfits. I'm sure it can be figured out.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I love the cabalist gear for each school and the revered weapons. I love the insane damage and critical.

I would like a robe that actually has both damage and resist, maybe better than darkmoor.

Daniel
Revered Crafter
Only Mostly Done

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
1) New winter wonder pack gear, looks pretty cool
2) I would love to see a wand that you can get by farming or crafting and that competes with other pack wands

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My favorite set of gear released this year is the Professor's Hoard. It is useful and has competitive stats at ALL levels. I am particularly in love with the Death's multi-feint card on the hat, and the Balance multi-Availing Hands spell. Those are amazing.

The gear I would like to see released in future is gear that truly supports a role in battle.

There could be a set that is Healer-specific. No matter what school you are, this gear would boost resists, outgoing heal, and Life critical. There is no need for damage or pierce, because this gear is meant to turn a non-Life school wizard into a healer. Having some group healing cards embedded would also be great, such as Rebirth, Pigsie, Unicorn, etc. The gear is intended to be used with Life mastery.

There could be a set that is Tank-specific. No matter what school you are, this gear would boost health, critical block and universal resist. Again, there is no need for damage or pierce because this gear is meant to turn a non-Ice school wizard into a tank. Having some defensive cards embedded would also be great, such as group Tower Shields or group Stun Shields, and have them linked to group debuffs like Smokescreen and Virulent Plague. The gear is intended to be used with Ice mastery.

There could be a set that is Support-specific. No matter what school you are, this gear would boost resist, block, and Balance critical. There is no need for damage or pierce because this gear is meant to turn a non-Balance school wizard into a support player. Having some buffing spells embedded would also be great, such as group Dragon blades, group Hexes, and group Feints. Or maybe the group Availing Hands spell. The gear is intended to be used with Balance mastery.

Sell it in hoard packs or make it a crafting project. If it's crafted, please make sets available at reasonable intervals, such as level 30, 60, 90, 120, etc.

Thank you for asking!

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
I still like the wand of Anubis that Ammit the Devourer uses in the House of Scales. It has that Head of Anubis at the top of the staff. Looks really cool and is a fairly unique wand. It should perhaps be a drop in the dungeon, or maybe a drop in a future buffed up House of Scales Dungeon where we get to meet Sekmet - the creature referenced by Ammit at the end when we defeat her.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2012
What I liked:
1) I loved the Professors' Hoard gear for stitching a lot!!!
2) As for gear, I suppose I liked the pip conversion on some of the gear for late game (although I think pip conversion should've come sooner than Lv. 120)

What I'd like to see:
1)In the future I'd like to see some more scholars' stitch gear or better seasonal appearance gear(like the autumn gear being made of fallen leaves), maybe something avian looking with gold and feathers and dazzling crystals.
2) I would like to see better robes (since Darkmoor no robes have been good), better power/shadow pip chance, in/outgoing gear, gear with unique item cards that don't sacrifice every single stat.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2012
1. The Winter Wonder Pack! I myself am an ice wizard, and absolutely LOVE the wands. The Game of Thrones inspiration for this winter, especially the mount, is really awesome, and I love it that you guys are integrating a large part of pop culture into the game. This pack is definitely one of the best you guys have ever made. Spent $30 on crowns though and still no perm mount...
2. A farmable/craftable wand that actually can compete with the Immortal's Lore pack and Terror's Hoard pack wands. Also, possibly a way to get pack items from a boss or something. Kind of like Loremaster, but every time you defeat the boss, you get a pack's worth of items. And, this might be pushing it, but i'm sure you guys are aware that certain Ice wizards have almost reached universal immunity, with 99% being the highest. Maybe put in something that has one more resist. It might seem a little OP, but with pierce being a meta now, it wouldn't affect the game that much. Unless you have a shield, that is.

Devin Stormgem
Level 100 Ice

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
#2 answer. I wish that with the dragon wings permanent mount, that there were different color varriants, such as black, blue, green, etc. that would be pretty cool. or even more school themed wings, for example, using the model for the dragon wings mount, and the coloring from Deltolli's Dragon pet, to create cool fire school themed dragon wings.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
My favorite gear is the Shard Warrior Set, but I don't know if it was 2017 or 2016.

I wish for a new set that really boosts both universal damage and outgoing heal. It seems like if you get good outgoing heal the best you can hope for is good universal resist or it's life talents which (for damage) doesn't help you if Life is your secondary school. OH and Shadow Pips.

I don't care if the appearance is nice because I'll just stitch it if I don't like the look.

But I do wish appearance-wise that they'd add a regular Santa Hat for female characters (I don't like the bonnet.)

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
I also love the Water Works gear and how it was the best gear available, except craft gear in Wintertusk, all the way through Celestia. But it's been a very long time. Please spoil us again and update the Waterworks gear for levels 120+

Ideally it would be a school specific set that gave equal support to Shadow magic, too.

But, if they were dungeon drops, like WW, there could be three sets people are after (like how WW was all about our school set AND the ninja pig energy set.)

I'd totally buy that area just to farm it till I had all three of the following sets.

1. School Set following the WW pattern but boosted to meet level 120 through 150 needs and adding Shadow Pip

2. Shadow Set that followed the WW pattern but only worked on Shadow Magic --cards would be new Shadow Spells--wands would MC Shadow Blade and Shadow Trap--

3. Universal Set that, while as usual, the damage, resist and other stats are somewhat lower than with school specific stats, it's the best Universal Gear in the game AND has great outgoing heal stats as well as Power and Shadow Pips. Support for people who like to play their secondary school and healer sometimes. Wands would MC Sprite Swarm and the Shadow spell that boosts outgoing damage.

dropped pets in that dungeon could be new special pet that it's heals and hits were boosted by the players stats (critical, outgoing heal, damage etc.)

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
OH and on that new dungeon idea - updating the Water Works Gear
  • and adding a Shadow Gear Set
  • and a Universal Support and Healing Gear Set.
  • and a pet that had the special attribute of being equally affected by the player's stats in it's may casts and passive talents (heals, hits, resist...all of it.)
Please include a new awesome wand inspired by both the Shard Warrior's Hammer level 120 AND the Eye of the Soothsayer level 100. Now, I know this is a mega powered wand, but if the idea is to drop gear that's the best in the game for 20 to 50 levels (depending on how you play) and to sell an area that will keep people farming it and playing it over and over --like Water Works did-- and people feel like it was actually worth the time and effort...unlike some subsequent dungeons /instances... I think this is a very good carrot to dangle.

15% universal damage (sounds high, but in a while it won't be as at level 120 we're already getting 13% school damage wand drops and I don't know what else.)
170 Critical Rating
110 Block Rating
6% Power Pip + starting with one Shadow Pip and one Power Pip
9% universal Pierce
75 Pip Conversion Rating
6 Sun, Moon, Star wand hits --so they don't break wands and traps except universals (like feints)
2 universal sockets (that take any shape jewel)
May Cast Shift Blackwater

Thanks and Happy Holiday Weekend :D

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Regarding new items, I think it'd be neat to see a spell deck in place of your weapon/wands. The spell decks are our main methods for casting magic but the game animations do nothing to show for that while dueling. You can already equip two bladed weapons for each equipment set (one visible and one not), so why not do the same with spell decks?

It also adds some continuity between the Battle with Malistaire commercials, where we see Wizards freely and openly using their spell decks.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I like the idea about a new dungeon to farm that drops the best gear in the game like Water Works and the dungeon in Winter Tusk ( Nostrond--is it?) That gear lasted me forever.

But I'd also have to add that I wouldn't buy the area unless it was more like Water Works and Nostrond, a good team and some research and you can farm for days. Unlike the newer dungeon you go through the graveyard to get to. LOL it's been so long since I tried, I forgot the name. Where we meet Malistair again. I've looked it up and there are good --really good--drops to be had there, but it's not worth the literal head ache to farm it. Not worth the time either.
It's kind of sad, I was really excited when that one opened. I love the look of everything and the music.

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! New year, new topic, coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea