Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name Change Proposal:

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Yep, this age-old Wiz question again. I understand that the reason we have never been given the ability to change our names is due to things along the lines of character/item recovery in their servers and how easily bad people could use it to circumvent being avoided or reported, etc. That said, I think these problems only rest on name changing being readily available via the Crown Shop or, say, a once per 90 days type of system. With all of this in mind, would it be possible that KingsIsle could grant a one-time name change during an event with a lot of notice in advance? Players would have to understand that there would be no subsequent changing and any server related recovery features could no longer take effect before the date of the change. I don't know all of the technical workarounds they'd have to go through, and I do understand why they don't want it as a permanent feature, but I've played many other games that have implemented ways it can be done during select events or major updates.

Is this something we may be able to see happen? Allow us to do it just once, KI?