Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lower pips spells cast first in combat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
To make it fair for everyone (PVP and PVE), I suggest changing the turn style just a bit; lower pips spells should ALWAYS cast before higher pips spells. The game should always use the same order if both wizards cast spells of the same amount of pips. With my idea, shields, blades, auras (non attack spells) will ALWAYS cast before an attack spell. We can blade our hammer regardless of his/her position. We can also block attacks, as long as we played a shield the turn before. This change will be more real to the game, as simple spells should be easier to cast by our wizard, as more advanced spells should take more time for our wizard to cast.
Example:
Turn 1: Wizard 1 - cast a blade, Wizard 2 - cast a weakness (regular game mechanic)
Turn 2: Wizard 2 - cast a tower shield, Wizard 1 - cast 5 pips attack spell (new game mechanic)

The 5 pips attack spell will be affected by the weakness AND the tower shield.

This change will make useful our full arsenal of spells, including 1 and 2 pips attack spells we learned ages ago.
Also, KI can bring back spells like simplify and elucidate, and being first or second at combat should not be as important.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2015
I agree that this would be a revolutionary, and quite fair, change to the game, but I think that changing the "Player 1's turn, then player 2's turn" system would ruin the card game theme to Wizard101

Michael Starhunter, Wizard101 Veteran