Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up :D

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say that I think the new Team Up idea is marvelous!

My balance is going to be doing that for the next long while XD (probably especially after I finish Empyrea, as I haven't started it on him yet.)

Great Idea, and hopefully more rewards will be available in the future!

Good job KI!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Honestly, I've seen the wait time in dungeons sharply decrease because of it, so I agree, it was definitely not a bad idea. Definitely caught me by surprise.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I also like that the items are available for gold and not crowns!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Giving a reward for a task always works. I think it's great that KI now has 2 "Make a Wish" NPCs in both games. ( In Pirate101, we have Relentless Ryan's Yum-n-Ade stand. )
Wonderful work there, KI and keep it up!
One request, though. Could you expand the robes to include all classes? I like those robes but I don't want a Balance Symbol on my chest.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Additional feedback for KingsIsle:

Offering badges for helping at the Team Up kiosk was a fantastic idea and I really hope people will continue to participate and help each other out even after they earned their badges.

One potential flaw that I observed last night, however, is there was a flood of high level wizards helping in the lowest worlds (Wizard City, Krokotopia), but very little help being offered at mid and higher level worlds. When going into tiny level 10-15 instances, there would be three extremely high level wizards just taking over for the little one who'd asked for help.

Seeing that there was a need in higher worlds, I sent my Life (level 80) off to help in Celestia, Wintertusk, Zafaria, and Avalon instead. In every case, I was the only helper who showed up. These boss battles don't take that much longer than the lower world ones, but they are more challenging so the badge hunters weren't bothering to help there at all.

My suggestion is, therefore, we should get some kind of extra credit or incentive for helping in long dungeons like Waterworks, or for helping in worlds that are close to our own levels.

Another idea is having tiered supportive gear and pets that can be earned as we help ever more wizards. Say we help two hundred times ... that could open up sets of super-powerful healer, tanking or buffing gear that we can use to help even more wizards. This gear would be restricted from PVP, it's only meant for PVE. And, it can only be equipped by someone who has earned the badge.

Maybe we could call the badges: "Mercenary for Hire" (Balance, Myth or Death), "Canon for Hire" (Storm or Fire), "Tank for Hire" (Ice), or "Hospital for Hire" (Life) badges.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Freshta on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:

Offering badges for helping at the Team Up kiosk was a fantastic idea and I really hope people will continue to participate and help each other out even after they earned their badges.

One potential flaw that I observed last night, however, is there was a flood of high level wizards helping in the lowest worlds (Wizard City, Krokotopia), but very little help being offered at mid and higher level worlds. When going into tiny level 10-15 instances, there would be three extremely high level wizards just taking over for the little one who'd asked for help.

Seeing that there was a need in higher worlds, I sent my Life (level 80) off to help in Celestia, Wintertusk, Zafaria, and Avalon instead. In every case, I was the only helper who showed up. These boss battles don't take that much longer than the lower world ones, but they are more challenging so the badge hunters weren't bothering to help there at all.

My suggestion is, therefore, we should get some kind of extra credit or incentive for helping in long dungeons like Waterworks, or for helping in worlds that are close to our own levels.

Another idea is having tiered supportive gear and pets that can be earned as we help ever more wizards. Say we help two hundred times ... that could open up sets of super-powerful healer, tanking or buffing gear that we can use to help even more wizards. This gear would be restricted from PVP, it's only meant for PVE. And, it can only be equipped by someone who has earned the badge.

Maybe we could call the badges: "Mercenary for Hire" (Balance, Myth or Death), "Canon for Hire" (Storm or Fire), "Tank for Hire" (Ice), or "Hospital for Hire" (Life) badges.

Alia Misthaven
I would like to echo and Alia's response here and her and everyone else's response on the other thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/team-up-kiosk-possible-solution--8ad6a42460070ed101601315094702c0?reset=1

I think that we may just have to put a thirty second cool down on people that join via the kiosk. You start faded until that wears off or the person who requests the Team Up begins the battle.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Freshta on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:

Alia Misthaven
Perfect!

I have recently started helping out on worlds lower than Avalon (currently stuck on Black Annie) as a way to payback those who have help me with the bosses on my quests.

I like where this is going.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
exp613 on Dec 3, 2017 wrote:
I would like to echo and Alia's response here and her and everyone else's response on the other thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/team-up-kiosk-possible-solution--8ad6a42460070ed101601315094702c0?reset=1

I think that we may just have to put a thirty second cool down on people that join via the kiosk. You start faded until that wears off or the person who requests the Team Up begins the battle.
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're suggesting the fight can't begin until the wizard who requested help joins the battle as an active player. That's a great idea. Having the battle forcibly paused until they get there would cure some of this abuse.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
exp613 on Dec 3, 2017 wrote:

I don't know about a thirty second lag for people who join via kiosk. I think that would discourage people from replying to team up requests.

There might be some other way to encourage people to wait until all members are active in the circle, but I'm not sure what that would be. But I don't think penalizing people who are trying to help is a good way forward. JMO

Defender
May 30, 2010
Freshta on Dec 3, 2017 wrote:
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're suggesting the fight can't begin until the wizard who requested help joins the battle as an active player. That's a great idea. Having the battle forcibly paused until they get there would cure some of this abuse.

Alia Misthaven
Yes it is a great idea escially when there is a storm or fire since a few of them hit on the first round. But it will hurt since sometime the player will not show up until a hour later. I wish they did that idea at the begin. A start team up badges a few months ago and only a few people have attacked on the first round. It was so bad that some people even leaved the battle since they were afraid I or other high levels would kill before they could get in.
P.S. I got my badges though my life who can only kill on the first round if she gets a shadow pip which is rarely on the first round

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
SparkleTude on Dec 3, 2017 wrote:
I don't know about a thirty second lag for people who join via kiosk. I think that would discourage people from replying to team up requests.

There might be some other way to encourage people to wait until all members are active in the circle, but I'm not sure what that would be. But I don't think penalizing people who are trying to help is a good way forward. JMO
It wouldn't be a "lag" per se, but rather you'd be faded out like after a battle. I personally don't think that the 30 second wait would really deter that many, but I do see your concern. I think that would just give people who are questing the option to view the dialogue (or some of it anyway haha)

I think perhaps a bigger concern would be if you actually wanted one of the helpers in the first position rather than the person who requested the team up. So perhaps there would be a way that the requester could initiate the battle earlier rather than just joining (speaking or jumping or something?)

It could even be 10 seconds, I just felt that that was just a tad too short.

However, it's just an idea and KI can tweak it as needed.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
exp613 on Dec 4, 2017 wrote:
It wouldn't be a "lag" per se, but rather you'd be faded out like after a battle. I personally don't think that the 30 second wait would really deter that many, but I do see your concern. I think that would just give people who are questing the option to view the dialogue (or some of it anyway haha)

I think perhaps a bigger concern would be if you actually wanted one of the helpers in the first position rather than the person who requested the team up. So perhaps there would be a way that the requester could initiate the battle earlier rather than just joining (speaking or jumping or something?)

It could even be 10 seconds, I just felt that that was just a tad too short.

However, it's just an idea and KI can tweak it as needed.
Again JMO but it would deter me. It's bad enough waiting two full minutes (which is a long time, when doing nothing) let alone another half minute upon arrival.

It's bad enough already because sometimes I get there and the person who called for it never moves. Or they scarpered at the last second and it's just me in there.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2017
since this is on the team up kiosk board, i have a question. how do you list your dungeon quest to the board? i have asked and asked in text chat and no one appears to answer or read my messages. it is frustrating to say the least.but for all that, i really love the game. good job,KI.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
So now I'm curious.

Just what is the etiquette for team-ups?

Being a Life Wizard and usually having my healing deck equipped, I hang back and let others go first so I can concentrate on healing everyone else and not just me.

I had one team-up where everyone insisted I go first because I had the most health, then complained when I spent most of the fight healing myself because I kept taking most of the damage.

So do you let the person who called for the team-up go in first? The heaviest hitter? I come from a paper RPG gamer mentality and you always bury the healer in the mix where (s)he takes as little damage as possible.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Lucinda91553 on Dec 5, 2017 wrote:
since this is on the team up kiosk board, i have a question. how do you list your dungeon quest to the board? i have asked and asked in text chat and no one appears to answer or read my messages. it is frustrating to say the least.but for all that, i really love the game. good job,KI.
Hi Lucinda!

Go to the dungeon that you are trying to do and there will be an option when you join the sigil to "Team Up" instead. (Instead of pressing X, you press the Team up button.) That will automatically list your dungeon on the Team Up Kiosk for other people to join.

See this post by Prof. Greyrose:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/new-feature-team-up-8ad6a418446d872301446f03aa601d2b

Good luck!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Lucinda91553 on Dec 5, 2017 wrote:
Lucinda,

I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking.

To get the name of the quest you're working on, you would look inside your quest log. You can always Google the name of the quest to get more information about it. Type: Wizard101 and whatever you want to know, then a wiki page should be one of the first pages to come up.

Also, here is the wiki directly if you want to bookmark it.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Wizard101_Wiki#axzz3mD7na9J1

To get help with a quest instance while you're questing, you join "Team Up" when you're standing at the sigil as if to go into the instance or dungeon. Then you wait for someone else to hopefully join you. It may take a while, especially if you're beyond Marleybone.

The other option is to know the name of what you need help with and then look for that boss or instance on the kiosk by the Bazaar. If anyone else has made that request, then you could join Team Up to 'help' them while also helping yourself.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Area51Alien on Dec 5, 2017 wrote:
So now I'm curious.

Being a Life Wizard and usually having my healing deck equipped, I hang back and let others go first so I can concentrate on healing everyone else and not just me.

I had one team-up where everyone insisted I go first because I had the most health, then complained when I spent most of the fight healing myself because I kept taking most of the damage.

So do you let the person who called for the team-up go in first? The heaviest hitter? I come from a paper RPG gamer mentality and you always bury the healer in the mix where (s)he takes as little damage as possible.

Steven Ghoststalker
Often it depends on the battle and the relative health levels of you and the wizard you're helping. If it's a short and easy battle, order doesn't matter much. If it's going to be a long one, or if the wizard we're helping has significantly lower health/level, then it may be better for us to go first.

When setting up a big one-hit kill, it's actually better to bury the hitter at the end of the battle and have them lay low, quietly blading and trapping, until they're ready to strike. Think of them as snipers, they don't reveal their position until they shoot. In that scenario, if it's just me the support/healer and them the hitter, I will go first.

So for me, the etiquette is:

Delay selecting a card until everyone is in the battle ring.
In a group, figure out who the wizard is that asked for help; take care of them particularly.
Support others as hitters, unless they ask me to do the hitting.
Take out the minion while they set up for the boss.
I'm just there to help, not take over.

If they are left out, I will try to friend them and offer to repeat the instance by going outside to the sigil and entering with them again. I've had to do this quite a few times over the last week, but at least I know I've actually helped someone.

Alia Misthaven,122
Sophia Soulmender, 80

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Area51Alien on Dec 5, 2017 wrote:
So now I'm curious.

Steven Ghoststalker
I think anything is fine as long as everyone is in the battle circle. If it is a dungeon or a tower I think they don't even have to be in every battle.

If in doubt I ask whose quest it is and ask them if they prefer if I hit or guard and heal them.