Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Met Any Close Friends In The Game?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
I'm sure we all have friends on our list on all our characters in Wiz.

But how many of us though really made any real friends which you came to thought of as close?
The game does a unique job of bringing many of us from various different areas of the world together and personally, I met a friend who was my very own classmate at school!

Share your experiences!

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I met my closest friends last year in the months of April, August and September.

Though most of them have quit the game or are focusing on events going on in their life only one has continued playing the game with me. Seriously, this person has saved my life countless times. Some people on this game are angels.

He's also soo relatable and generous. I don't know what my life would be like if I didn't meet all these people.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I've actually met a ton of friends through Wizard101 that I consider very close. Close enough that they know my real name and we've even talked about meeting up before. It's both strange and amazing how a virtual world can closely connect people from all different walks of life. :)

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
Of course I have! Hunter FireRiver is my best friend lol, he just doesn't know it. He helps me through every quest and is probably the nicest person I've ever met on Wizard101. I have no idea what I'd do without him lol.
Grace, Level 75

Delver
May 29, 2009
I met my boyfriend seven years ago. At that time I also met two of my closest friends who became like sisters to me. Together Lady of Blades, Cassandra Dragonheart and I make up the Unholy Trio! Wizard101 & Pirate101 plus our Twizard/Twirate community on Twitter makes virtual friends seem really close. We've talked in game, on the phone, through Skype and other social media.

It also helps when you belong to fantastic groups like Mercenaries for Hire or work together on fansites like me and my team do on Petnome.

Here's to many more future friendships!

~SM~

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Definitely!

This game offers that unique ability for wizards to become just "classmates" to friends in real life.
It's also amazing to see how this one game can draw so many different cultures from all across the world to one common ground (no pun intended - commons in WC :P).

Because of that, I've met many friends that I consider close in the game.

Sure, I've also met more than a couple rude/bad ones, but it is these close friends which really help you to forget about the negativity surrounding the game.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I've made lots of in-game friends, some of whom have become irl friends. I also met a couple of wizards who turned out to be people I knew irl already. Best of all, my real life partner is someone i met while hatching pets. Wizard101 is a great game, and wonderful community (mostly).

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
I have a couple.

Back when I was younger, my dad tried canceling my membership in an attempt to make me quit (lol). I was worried that I wouldn't be able to play Wizard101 anymore, but I met an amazing person, Daniel, and he told me he would give me 60000 crowns if I got him 8 Elephant Towers (a gold medal reward only on Wondra levels on Grub Guardian). I had just enough crowns left to buy the Azteca zones, and fast forward a few weeks, I got him the Towers, and I then used the crowns to buy areas. Daniel also wanted more Grub Guardian only items, and later, he also needed help farming Darkmoor on all 6 of his characters. He eventually gave me enough crowns to buy every single area in game, and it felt very satisfying knowing that I could continue playing :P Daniel unfortunately ended up quitting for over a year, but when I saw him again back in November 2016, I literally forced him to give me his email so I can spam him if he ever quits again :P. Daniel means a lot to me, and we always quest together whenever the new world comes out.

I also have another friend named Robin. Robin is REALLY nice to me, and she's also questing with Daniel and me in Empyrea right now on one of her characters. She's a really silly person too, and I always enjoy chatting with her about how she secretly plays Wizard behind her husband's back lol. We also once shared the states that we live in, and I was surprised that she literally lives less than an hour away from me o. o.

I also have another friend named Scarlet (I won't say her actual name here). She's super nice to me too, and I've known her since 2013. Lol when Mirage first came out, me, her, Robin, and Daniel all tried questing together as a group of 4, but it only worked out the first day since none of us were then on all at the same time :/

I would probably not be playing Wizard101 today if they didn't play anymore either.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i've made friends on these boards; we started chatting on the forums back in 2012 and made plans to meet up in-game: we did, and we've been in touch on other sites (fb, skype, etc.) for the past 5 years.

i count brynnerofreign, black pearl, and michael nightgem, plus a handful of others, among my dearest wizard friends. because we're all adults and living in different time zones, we don't always manage to connect in-game, but we do make time for each other; without them, i'd have been gone long ago.

(oh, and malistaire is my homeboy; we have a long, colourful history, and he's stuck with me for life!)

-von

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
Since I last posted this, I made another good friend.
A few days ago, I was questing with someone and he was talking about his girlfriend, who also plays the game, being a furry. I said that I too am a furry and he offered to have her port so I could meet her. I said that would be really cool, so she ported to him and I introduced myself and we talked for a little bit. That same night we added each other on Facebook and Messenger and we've been talking and sharing fursonas and art with each other. I visit an area a few hours away from where she lives whenever I go up north with my grandparents during the summer, so we were thinking about talking our families into letting her stay with me while I'm staying with my grandparents, and maybe find a furry convention to go to because I've never been to one before. I've made so many good friends on this game and I am so lucky to have them. They've helped me through every tough quest and every bad day without a single complaint. It's 100% true that the distance between two friends makes them closer despite the mileage. I have never been as close as I am to my Wizard101 friends with people I know outside of the game. It doesn't matter if they live in my neighborhood or go to the same college as me. Making them far away makes them all the closer to me, and I wouldn't trade them for the world.