Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Abominable Weaver-Nerf!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
Greetings Staff and Friendly wizard community.I think base on the subject, its about time attention should be payed to this spell and the effect it has place over the course of the game(PVP- wise), since its first release to this current meta. Abominable Weaver aka the gorilla spider does 950-1150 damage but gives a -75% universal shield? wait what lol? you heard me 75% universal shield.This is beyond the most broken unbalance spell in the hands of a school at max level, that can now have 8000, 110-120% damage, 40% pierce,65% resist. Specifically the role of ice were mention as tanks but now bruisers? 950 being the lowest with epic enchant-(1250) and 1150 being the highest with epic enchant(1450)? Glow bug does 1120 with epic enchant(1420) single target matter of speaking and removes all blades, but gets glow bug damage? with a 75% shield? I speak on behalf for every other school who have adapted to this meta. This spell needs a total rework and my suggestion to this is remove that shield completely, keep the damage but add a 40% ice blade after cast. Am not being a bias for any school and i can make a second page relating to other schools but that is irrelevant at the moment ,this spell needs the most attention in terms of balancing PVP and give a good benefit to PVE. Let me know what you think guys and please no bias comment enough is enough.We can all agree it needs a change. yours truly IGN Jonathan.Max level 125 present. P.S I have all 7 schools so don't even think about it

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
jonathan2693 on Nov 15, 2017 wrote:
Greetings Staff and Friendly wizard community.I think base on the subject, its about time attention should be payed to this spell and the effect it has place over the course of the game(PVP- wise), since its first release to this current meta. Abominable Weaver aka the gorilla spider does 950-1150 damage but gives a -75% universal shield? wait what lol? you heard me 75% universal shield.This is beyond the most broken unbalance spell in the hands of a school at max level, that can now have 8000, 110-120% damage, 40% pierce,65% resist. Specifically the role of ice were mention as tanks but now bruisers? 950 being the lowest with epic enchant-(1250) and 1150 being the highest with epic enchant(1450)? Glow bug does 1120 with epic enchant(1420) single target matter of speaking and removes all blades, but gets glow bug damage? with a 75% shield? I speak on behalf for every other school who have adapted to this meta. This spell needs a total rework and my suggestion to this is remove that shield completely, keep the damage but add a 40% ice blade after cast. Am not being a bias for any school and i can make a second page relating to other schools but that is irrelevant at the moment ,this spell needs the most attention in terms of balancing PVP and give a good benefit to PVE. Let me know what you think guys and please no bias comment enough is enough.We can all agree it needs a change. yours truly IGN Jonathan.Max level 125 present. P.S I have all 7 schools so don't even think about it
holy death bats, can you hear yourself?

your tone is super condescending and elitist, so i can guess what happened. you pvp'd an ice wizard, lost, and now want the spell that was used to defeat you nerfed: typical pvp attitude. sorry, but you get zero sympathy from me.

1) ice's specialty is defense, not offense, so a blade doesn't make sense here.

2) that -75% shield is easily countered: universal shields are one of only 2 counters against balance (the other being weakness), so you can either use shatter tc or get 100%+ pierce via gear/shrike/flawless or infallible.

not only are you cutting through that shield, but also his or her resist, which (unless you're facing a jade turtle) s/he has probably sacrificed in favour of damage or crit, under the new system.

3) i've never met an ice wizard with damage that high; but, if that's true, think about the sacrifices that s/he has made to other stats, in order to achieve that.

in terms of base damage:

glowbug squall
1120 to all + remove all charms
abominable weaver 950-1150 to one + -75% to next incoming damage spell

all aoe spells do less damage than single hits; squall also removes blades from the entire team, whereas weaver adds one shield. hardly overpowered, unless maybe you're a mid-level (70-90) warlord taking on level 100+ privates in elite dungeon gear.

this is a pve game, and pvp is entirely optional; i don't see your proposed benefit to pve players, and i am so sick of spells being nerfed just because crying that such-and-such is overpowered is so much easier than actually forming a strategy around a spell or piece of gear.

-von
also max who plays all 7 schools

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
Dr Von on Nov 16, 2017 wrote:

your tone is super condescending and elitist, so i can guess what happened. you pvp'd an ice wizard, lost, and now want the spell that was used to defeat you nerfed: typical pvp attitude. sorry, but you get zero sympathy from me.

2) that -75% shield is easily countered: universal shields are one of only 2 counters against balance (the other being weakness), so you can either use shatter tc or get 100%+ pierce via gear/shrike/flawless or infallible.

not only are you cutting through that shield, but also his or her resist, which (unless you're facing a jade turtle) s/he has probably sacrificed in favour of damage or crit, under the new system.

3) i've never met an ice wizard with damage that high; but, if that's true, think about the sacrifices that s/he has made to other stats, in order to achieve that.

in terms of base damage:

glowbug squall

all aoe spells do less damage than single hits; squall also removes blades from the entire team, whereas weaver adds one shield. hardly overpowered, unless maybe you're a mid-level (70-90) warlord taking on level 100+ privates in elite dungeon gear.

this is a pve game, and pvp is entirely optional; i don't see your proposed benefit to pve players, and i am so sick of spells being nerfed just because crying that such-and-such is overpowered is so much easier than actually forming a strategy around a spell or piece of gear.

-von
I liked that reply a lot, so I'm adding on to it.

All shadow-enhanced spells have a special secondary ability added to it. (5 pips + 1 shadow pip)
Death has life return, Fire has fuel, Myth has "remove every shield" (except stun blocks), etc.

Asking for Abominable Weaver's secondary ability to be removed or heavily nerfed is like removing a Fire Elf's dot.
Besides, as Von said, it can be easily countered using these Really Simple techniques:
1. Wand Attack
2. Pierce
3. Shatter
4. Shadow Shrike + Other armor piercing buffs
5. Dispel is the most effective if you time it right, preventing the shield from even appearing in the first place.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017

in terms of base damage:

glowbug squall

-von
Dr Von~ You stated ice is defensive school in a meta where any school does average same amount of damage. Lets consider some facts here PvP is unbalance lit. Ice sacrifice little to nothing for a spell that can nuke your health down in a matter of time threw frost bite shrike combos while retaining the effect of getting a shield in return.In a matter of quick match speaking there is no counter to it whether from first and second and your disregarding one point Ice is suppose to be a tanking school not bruisers. I also didnt just pvp one, ice I pvp more ice than you can ever imagine and i always notice up to this day is beyond the most broken spell in game and lots of people would agree except those who are bias for ice. And ice doing the same damage as glow bug and getting a shield in return is very overpowered because now there is a thing call aegis have you heard of it? yes it protects blade from being destroyed. point is if you put up a storm vs ice and only spam shadow spell only no matter who is first or second ice will end up winning that match.
The fact that an ice can sit with 8k health and comfortable blade shrike into snow weaver knowing they will get a shield wasting the opponents turn trying to take it off would come into setting up another combo. Ice also has access to utility spells such as snow drift, steal wards aka the balance counter. except on elemental shields. The system of pvp everyone already know match making is useless- where my first match was paired up against 2 ice from second captain followed by commander. I'm am private by the way i used max stats ward pet on ice and yes they are they trouble some with that ice weaver effect and IT NEEDS TO GO. IF we put down a vote to remove that effect see how many people would vote yes and who would vote no you would get your answer.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Hmm my post didn't make it through...

Efreet -90 weakness
Earthquake removes all blades and shields
Mana burn damage for every single pip
Bad juju, -90 weakness
Siren, AOE, removes blades, lowers accuracy
Medusa, stuns for 2 turns
Basilisk, hits, dot, and stuns
Power and lifelink, dot and hot
Rebirth, heals everyone and a absorb
Girl in Fairgrounds Commons, 80% school shields...

Yep all of this is ok, but Ice having a single card that they yet to get since what? Frost giant.... With a 75% tower shield that's not protected by stealward, pierce, shatter, earthquake, wand hits, minion hits, any hit in general....... It's broken, but a storm wizard who can do 2k with lighting bats (I've seen it) has gotten Sirens, Levy, Squall bugs, Healing Current, Super Charge, Insane Bolt, Wild bolt, Tempest, Triton..... Triton a 6 pip card they get before they even get their 5 pip Stormzilla...... Only school with a AOE trap.... But yeah ice with Abominable Weaver with a 75% tower shield is massively broken

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009

in terms of base damage:

glowbug squall

-von
I am going to preface this argument by saying that Abominable Weaver does NOT need a nerf.

However, I will take the time to explain why the above user is asking for a nerf. The simple fact is that Ice absolutely dominates the max lvl meta. For more details read this tier list: http://www.duelist101.com/wizard-101/the-mirage-max-lvl-1v1-pvp-tier-list/

That being said the reason Ice dominates has very little to do with Abominable Weaver. Weaver is a well balanced spell that caused no problems back in the dm meta. The issue with the Ice school is a number of factors came together in a perfect storm allowing it dominance unlike anything since the Avalonian meta. Explained here: http://www.duelist101.com/other-articles/icy-conditions-ice-regained-footing-top-tier-1v1-school-polaris-meta/.

The fix to Ice's dominance is a buffing of the other school's pvp capabilities, not a 10% nerf to weaver that will likely have no impact.

Now as for the stats the user cited that you have never seen: They are the standard stats one can expect to encounter from any serious PvP Ice. They come with little/no sacrifice that the other schools don't also make and help to drive ice's dominance even higher. Here are some examples: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?485032-Some-Ice-PvP-Stats-For-those-still-confused-on-why-Ice-is-Top-Tier

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 17, 2017 wrote:
I am going to preface this argument by saying that Abominable Weaver does NOT need a nerf.

However, I will take the time to explain why the above user is asking for a nerf. The simple fact is that Ice absolutely dominates the max lvl meta. For more details read this tier list: http://www.duelist101.com/wizard-101/the-mirage-max-lvl-1v1-pvp-tier-list/

That being said the reason Ice dominates has very little to do with Abominable Weaver. Weaver is a well balanced spell that caused no problems back in the dm meta. The issue with the Ice school is a number of factors came together in a perfect storm allowing it dominance unlike anything since the Avalonian meta. Explained here: http://www.duelist101.com/other-articles/icy-conditions-ice-regained-footing-top-tier-1v1-school-polaris-meta/.

The fix to Ice's dominance is a buffing of the other school's pvp capabilities, not a 10% nerf to weaver that will likely have no impact.

Now as for the stats the user cited that you have never seen: They are the standard stats one can expect to encounter from any serious PvP Ice. They come with little/no sacrifice that the other schools don't also make and help to drive ice's dominance even higher. Here are some examples: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?485032-Some-Ice-PvP-Stats-For-those-still-confused-on-why-Ice-is-Top-Tier
Then here is a question for you what effect would it have on ice if the effect of abominable weaver was completely changed for another effect? after showing those charts on ice stats and proving ice dominates max pvp. taking into consideration. i just pvp against an ice in tourney~ just to add that in while i was typing i fought him from second goes by the name of Joseph winter quick match. we fough hard to the death yet i had his life down to 400 and mines was 1200 time runs out and diego choose him as the winner considering i had more health and more pip~. again road block by ice btw i set for him with snow shield but the weaver spam didnt allow anyroom for me to counter play him, this only just proves ice weaver at this current meta and your chart stats showing what ice has become from dm to current empyrea meta. enough is enough that effect gots to go and they will and can do well without it.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
camahawk on Nov 16, 2017 wrote:

Efreet -90 weakness
Bad juju, -90 weakness

Yep all of this is ok, but Ice having a single card that they yet to get since what? Frost giant.... With a 75% tower shield that's not protected by stealward, pierce, shatter, earthquake, wand hits, minion hits, any hit in general....... It's broken, but a storm wizard who can do 2k with lighting bats (I've seen it) has gotten Sirens, Levy, Squall bugs, Healing Current, Super Charge, Insane Bolt, Wild bolt, Tempest, Triton..... Triton a 6 pip card they get before they even get their 5 pip Stormzilla...... Only school with a AOE trap.... But yeah ice with Abominable Weaver with a 75% tower shield is massively broken
Do not compare a shadow spell with high intense damage with a 75% tower shield to Effreet(8pips) or Mana burn.5 pips waste of time spell if use from second. etc
Ice has way more than enough resist and damage and they can do well without it. if you add that same effect to gaze or lore master or ffa people would of been complaining. the problem isnt the spell damage is the effect it has when use in a spam succesion. example ice goes first storm goes second ice stuns immediate shadow pip chance weaver. where is the counter play in that? storm hits or shield lets say they hit ok shield gone but ice removes stun block with another stun before he hits then stuns him again gets shadow 4 pip cataclysm. unfair match up why because ice can rely on a 75% tower shield when they already have base resist of 65%.Its an issue thats needs fixing and i bet if that spell is removed to something like 500 heal or 40% blade chance other schools would definitely have a chance facing ice.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Weaver is alright the way it is. Ice is OP on stats more than spells. Boosting the lower tier schools would be a better balancing method.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
thank you for the articles, eric~ i gave them a read and, while there was a lot of good information in them, i still agree that weaver does not need a nerf.

op:

"comfortable blade shrike into snow weaver"... if your opponent has one shadow pip, why would they use shrike if they couldn't immediately follow it with weaver? they'd have to sit there for who knows how many rounds and wait for another shadow pip, which would waste their shrike and they'd probably end up taking damage from it (if you want to say, "oh, but they'll just buff"... why are you letting them do that?)

they shield? shatter or shrike/infallible, indemnified traps;
time your shields.
they cast shrike? weakness weakness weakness;
they wand it off? cool, cast more;
pip-lock them with mana burn.
use unbalance: no tri-blades or traps, no reshuffle, no weakness from their end.
ice cannot heal without life mastery or cooldown: dispel, dispel, dispel.
ice also cannot equip life and balance mastery at the same time; if s/he is wearing a life amulet, reshuffle costs 8 pips... use that to your advantage.

one possible option: weakness, weakness, mana burn, repeat. it won't do much in the way of damage, but you can bet that it will frustrate your opponent to no end. no pips means no healing, no reshuffle, and no building for a big hit: if you make it clear early on that you're going to pip-lock them, they'll be forced into a position where they have to choose to either use those pips immediately (aka waste them on small hits) or lose them.

the key to a successful pvp match is not to rely on dumb luck. you need to be 10 steps ahead of your opponent and anticipate his or her next move before s/he does.

eric is absolutely right: nerfing one spell is not going to fix anything if the system itself is broken. nerfing ice will do nothing, except make people upset, whereas boosting the other schools' abilities to align with it will have a more positive effect.

-von

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
Dr Von on Nov 17, 2017 wrote:
thank you for the articles, eric~ i gave them a read and, while there was a lot of good information in them, i still agree that weaver does not need a nerf.

op:

"comfortable blade shrike into snow weaver"... if your opponent has one shadow pip, why would they use shrike if they couldn't immediately follow it with weaver? they'd have to sit there for who knows how many rounds and wait for another shadow pip, which would waste their shrike and they'd probably end up taking damage from it (if you want to say, "oh, but they'll just buff"... why are you letting them do that?)

they shield? shatter or shrike/infallible, indemnified traps;
time your shields.
they cast shrike? weakness weakness weakness;
they wand it off? cool, cast more;
pip-lock them with mana burn.
use unbalance: no tri-blades or traps, no reshuffle, no weakness from their end.
ice cannot heal without life mastery or cooldown: dispel, dispel, dispel.
ice also cannot equip life and balance mastery at the same time; if s/he is wearing a life amulet, reshuffle costs 8 pips... use that to your advantage.

one possible option: weakness, weakness, mana burn, repeat. it won't do much in the way of damage, but you can bet that it will frustrate your opponent to no end. no pips means no healing, no reshuffle, and no building for a big hit: if you make it clear early on that you're going to pip-lock them, they'll be forced into a position where they have to choose to either use those pips immediately (aka waste them on small hits) or lose them.

the key to a successful pvp match is not to rely on dumb luck. you need to be 10 steps ahead of your opponent and anticipate his or her next move before s/he does.

eric is absolutely right: nerfing one spell is not going to fix anything if the system itself is broken. nerfing ice will do nothing, except make people upset, whereas boosting the other schools' abilities to align with it will have a more positive effect.

-von
Then which schools would you suggest needs boosting and how~ incase your wondering shaodow pip chance now is insane i face up to many ice that get double shadow in 2 turns. But am wondering how to you try to counter ice who goes first in quick match with balance thats lets say stuns you first round already gets shadow pip weaver next round.does 3.5k of my 6800 health you lore master or wand hit. mantle weaknes or tower into the 4 pip shadow spell again doing at least 4k with boost.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I almost hate to say this, because I just got back to Wizard and finally got around to getting this spell, but your issue seems to be about the shield and how good it is. My answer, STEAL SHIELD. Yes it is an ice spell, but I know there are treasure cards. You envy the shield? Then steal it and make it your own. Or:
"Besides, as Von said, it can be easily countered using these Really Simple techniques:
1. Wand Attack
2. Pierce
3. Shatter
5. Dispel is the most effective if you time it right, preventing the shield from even appearing in the first place."

I'm really tired of the ice spells I get being nerfed after I get them, as with Frost Giant and the double stun block fiasco. Leave the spell be.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
jonathan2693 on Nov 17, 2017 wrote:
Then here is a question for you what effect would it have on ice if the effect of abominable weaver was completely changed for another effect? after showing those charts on ice stats and proving ice dominates max pvp. taking into consideration. i just pvp against an ice in tourney~ just to add that in while i was typing i fought him from second goes by the name of Joseph winter quick match. we fough hard to the death yet i had his life down to 400 and mines was 1200 time runs out and diego choose him as the winner considering i had more health and more pip~. again road block by ice btw i set for him with snow shield but the weaver spam didnt allow anyroom for me to counter play him, this only just proves ice weaver at this current meta and your chart stats showing what ice has become from dm to current empyrea meta. enough is enough that effect gots to go and they will and can do well without it.
The issue is that changing weaver doesn’t really fix anything. When Empyrea gear becomes standard, Ice is going to be sitting on 9k+ health with even more damage. That is a way bigger issue than Weaver.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 17, 2017 wrote:
The issue is that changing weaver doesn’t really fix anything. When Empyrea gear becomes standard, Ice is going to be sitting on 9k+ health with even more damage. That is a way bigger issue than Weaver.
As a ice player (not PvP but) good let us get 9000, by end of mirage if you do it right we already break 10k... Let us use shadow buffs, like Shrike and Trickster... Hold us there, don't let us cast anything, with 30% backlash, we lose 30% of our health, and ice being the healthiest, backlash hurts us more

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
camahawk on Nov 18, 2017 wrote:
As a ice player (not PvP but) good let us get 9000, by end of mirage if you do it right we already break 10k... Let us use shadow buffs, like Shrike and Trickster... Hold us there, don't let us cast anything, with 30% backlash, we lose 30% of our health, and ice being the healthiest, backlash hurts us more
Once again, until you PvP- you really can't see how impractical your suggestions are. Even with the full 30% backlash if you can miraculously paralyze an Ice for 3 rounds- They will still have more health than a school like storm.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
I can 100% agree that the weaver needs a nerf considering they dictate the match if ice goes first. The guy above said "It's a defensive school, it needs a shield!" when life is also a defensive school and is oly given an absorb that deaths drains can just ignore and one shot you. Ice is broken. Period.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
smokey123443 on Nov 16, 2017 wrote:
I liked that reply a lot, so I'm adding on to it.

All shadow-enhanced spells have a special secondary ability added to it. (5 pips + 1 shadow pip)
Death has life return, Fire has fuel, Myth has "remove every shield" (except stun blocks), etc.

Asking for Abominable Weaver's secondary ability to be removed or heavily nerfed is like removing a Fire Elf's dot.
Besides, as Von said, it can be easily countered using these Really Simple techniques:
1. Wand Attack
2. Pierce
3. Shatter
5. Dispel is the most effective if you time it right, preventing the shield from even appearing in the first place.
"Asking for an Abominable Weaver's secondary ability to be removed or heavily nerfed is like removing a fire elf's dot"...

Do you hear yourself? None of those things are similar at all. The only thing more abominable than this weaver is that comment that really didn't make much of a point.

Take the 75% shield off is simple? No. Not at all if they go first. All that they have to do is just cast that whenever they know you're going to attack, and it's over. Your hit was useless, your pips are gone, and it's over. Especially if all they do is spam the attack which is what all they do basically every move if they have a shadow pip.

Everyone who comments on these forums just loves to disagree to everything someone has in mind. Everyone wanted a buff to wings of fate. Did they do that? No. The most useless life spell in the game as a shadow hit, and useless. That's only because when every life wizard would complain, every other player would just come in and choose to disagree when they didn't have to deal with the problem. I have no idea why, but people just love to disagree to everything that gets put on these forums. It won't matter if the weaver gave a universal shield that was -90%. People would still find a way to disagree to the nerf.

Also, you mentioned that he asked for the weavers secondary to be "removed" or "Heavily nerfed", but actually he did none of those things. He mentioned some things that they could add instead of a shield that breaks pvp.

I say make it at LEAST a tower shield (-50% if you didn't know) instead of -75% which is absolutely insane.

By the way, I do have a max ice, but I like my life better. So yes, I use weaver, and even Ii know that I am unstoppable in 1v1 pvp. Especially quick match.

Also, an ice can have over 100% damage, 60% universal resist, and over 500 crit. Having a -75% shield broke it. That is literally the most OP spell if I have ever seen one.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
camahawk on Nov 16, 2017 wrote:

Efreet -90 weakness
Bad juju, -90 weakness

If you don't pvp, then you can't say much of how it's like.
You can't spam efreet,
Earthquake isn't even near Op so I don't know why it was put on your list,
Mana burn everyone knows is Op. everything on balance is Op.
Bad juju doesn't do over 3000 damage with no blade and no shield,
Who uses sirens in pvp???,

Lifelink and power are nowhere near op
rebirth is the reason why lifes only aoe is a 8 pip forest lord that does half of a glowbug
80% school shields are optional and a waste of training points.

These had literally nothing to do with the fact that the weaver is broken. Either do practice pvp at level 100+ to see for yourself, or continue questing.

Nobody uses stormzilla in pvp
I can do 2k with a leprechaun? Everyone can in a quick match
Healing current is nothing, super charge is nothing, insane bolt is a chance of making you lose the match, wild bolt is a 1/3 chance of actually doing damage, tempest is literally nothing in 1v1, triton? Nobody uses that.
Aoe trap? Kinda for questing. Not a 1v1 spell at all. I think you just named about all of the storm spells, and no point was made.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Pouffy23 on Nov 19, 2017 wrote:
If you don't pvp, then you can't say much of how it's like.
You can't spam efreet,
Earthquake isn't even near Op so I don't know why it was put on your list,
Mana burn everyone knows is Op. everything on balance is Op.
Bad juju doesn't do over 3000 damage with no blade and no shield,
Who uses sirens in pvp???,

Lifelink and power are nowhere near op
rebirth is the reason why lifes only aoe is a 8 pip forest lord that does half of a glowbug
80% school shields are optional and a waste of training points.

These had literally nothing to do with the fact that the weaver is broken. Either do practice pvp at level 100+ to see for yourself, or continue questing.

Nobody uses stormzilla in pvp
I can do 2k with a leprechaun? Everyone can in a quick match
Healing current is nothing, super charge is nothing, insane bolt is a chance of making you lose the match, wild bolt is a 1/3 chance of actually doing damage, tempest is literally nothing in 1v1, triton? Nobody uses that.
Aoe trap? Kinda for questing. Not a 1v1 spell at all. I think you just named about all of the storm spells, and no point was made.
"mana burn/everything on balance is op?" say whaaat?

just because you can't or won't counter it doesn't make it op.

it's called weakness, stone wall tc, and tower shields; two things that balance cannot counter without a mastery amulet and/or use of off-school tc. i can't wand off weakness or my entire setup is toast... and what balance wizard is willing to waste 6 pips to shatter?

if you do this, you leave your opponent 3 choices: waste a bunch of rounds trying to cleanse all the weaknesses, waste 6 pips to shatter off your shields, or try to hit through all of those debuffs before you one-shot them.

mana burn costs 5 pips and is not spammable. that, and it's only good from second: if balance is first and burns you, you still get to cast the spell you had up.

weaver isn't broken: the entire system is broken, and nerfing one spell will fix nothing.

-von

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
Dr Von on Nov 19, 2017 wrote:
"mana burn/everything on balance is op?" say whaaat?

just because you can't or won't counter it doesn't make it op.

it's called weakness, stone wall tc, and tower shields; two things that balance cannot counter without a mastery amulet and/or use of off-school tc. i can't wand off weakness or my entire setup is toast... and what balance wizard is willing to waste 6 pips to shatter?

if you do this, you leave your opponent 3 choices: waste a bunch of rounds trying to cleanse all the weaknesses, waste 6 pips to shatter off your shields, or try to hit through all of those debuffs before you one-shot them.

mana burn costs 5 pips and is not spammable. that, and it's only good from second: if balance is first and burns you, you still get to cast the spell you had up.

weaver isn't broken: the entire system is broken, and nerfing one spell will fix nothing.

-von
Nerfing one spell isnt gonna fix everything i agree. But it sure will eliminate the fact that ice can't be dominant without it,Point is everything is a start and i guarantee you school such as storm,life,death and fire even myth will get a better chance of claiming the top.The ice metta needs to go and if your mentioning about buffs i believe by this time to make everything fair every school needs a 4-5 pip over time spell that does sufficient amount of damage.Dot runs pvp as far as i can tell. Not even gonna mentioning the unstoppable burning rampage from first.People will complain but its about time all the ice bias realize other schools deserve a chance at the number 1 spot. buffing health neutral resistance and increasing pierce.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Off topic. I don't PVP so pardon but I've been wanting to ask this a long time.

Where is my Abominable Weaver spell?

I'm max ice (125) and do not have one, or an offer of one.

Thanks for any tips.

Edited to add: I don't have Frost Giant either, or an offer of one.

I just got that eclipse one (it said it's a Level 118 spell) last night.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
SparkleTude on Nov 20, 2017 wrote:

Thanks for any tips.

You need to go to Darkmoore and finish the Upper Halls. After you do that, you get the spell.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
It shouldn't get nerfed, just shrike and the shield goes to 0, if weaver needs a nerf why doesnt efreet? Its debuff is way stronger and is not pierce able. Every school has spells that are power full and considered really good in pvp. Ice really only has weaver. Balance has, Lore master mana burn super nova gaze of fate. Lore master is more overpowered then weaver. Super nova shouldnt even do damage, because getting rid of an aura for only two pips is enough, the fact that with an enchant its 835 and gets rid of an aura for only two pips is crazy. Thats more damage then storms two pip lightning bats. Weaver doesnt need a nerf its like ices only really good spell, balance and fire have lots of pvp good spells like efreet burning rampage, myth has medusa stuns for two rounds in that time you can feint and snake charmer for almost 5k. My point is that every school has spells that are considered op. If your having a hard time fighting ice wizards get ice ward, it weakens ice allot, or come up with a strategy to over come that spell, shrike before you hit, or use over times, or double hits like gaze of fate and minitour. Dont give up you can over come the school that your having a hard time against. If it gets nerfed then the argument that a ton of other spells should be nerfed as well, all of them are more viable.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

Thanks for any tips.

It's a Darkmoor spell. You have to complete both the first and second dungeon in order to earn this spell.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Walpurgisnacht#axzz4z0XzpP8L

Darkmoor has been nerfed since its first release but even so, it remains highly challenging and is not designed for solo players. Even small teams may struggle somewhat.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009

Thanks for any tips.

Hi there- To acquire abominable weaver you will have to do the first 2 parts of 3 part Darkmoor.(Castle Darkmoor and Upper Halls).

Be warned that this is a hardcore cheating dungeon and will require a team to complete in a reasonable amount of time. You receive the quest from Dworgyn in Nightside.

Here is a complete guide which covers cheats, strategies etc: http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/quest-guides/wizard101-castle-darkmoor-guide/