Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make another legendary sword for revered? Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2010
I crafted my legendary sword before empyrea, and I put it in my house, but now I have to craft it again to upgrade it? Is there anyway to identify that I already crafted it?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Dragonslyare on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
I crafted my legendary sword before empyrea, and I put it in my house, but now I have to craft it again to upgrade it? Is there anyway to identify that I already crafted it?
Have it in your backpack and interact with the Arcanum Forge. You'll automatically get credit for the Wand if you already crafted it before.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I had the same question, posted it into a different question, here is a reply, haven't had the chance to check on it.
Stephen Wildshade on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
So has anyone gone back to Ignus Ferric for the newest crafting quest that Fitzhume sends you on, with this newest update? I crafted the Legendary Weapon a while back when that came out, now in order to move on with this newest crafting quest, I have to craft that same weapon, again?Maybe not...?

He'll send you to the forge again, but there was a 'success horn' tooting just for standing next to the forge when I did the quest.

Make sure you have the crafted wand in your backpack when you go through the motions. Go to the forge and then return to Ignus with the wand that you already crafted. Hopefully he'll pick up on the fact that you've got it and move forward.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
OK,
I tried this solution, had my legendary weapon in my backpack (but not when I first talked to Ignus to get the quest), stood at the forge, and nothing. Tried it also with the legendary weapon equipped, still nothing. I think that this solution isn't real, and that people have been mistaken about whether they had the quest or whatever. But I had the legendary weapon in backpack, and then equipped, had the quest from Ignus.

I only needed 8 more antiquities and a couple Perfect Peridots to craft it again. As soon as I came back to the forge and crafted it, then I got the success sound for the quest and was able to continue with Ignus to move the quest along.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Stephen Wildshade on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
OK,
I tried this solution, had my legendary weapon in my backpack (but not when I first talked to Ignus to get the quest), stood at the forge, and nothing. Tried it also with the legendary weapon equipped, still nothing. I think that this solution isn't real, and that people have been mistaken about whether they had the quest or whatever. But I had the legendary weapon in backpack, and then equipped, had the quest from Ignus.

I only needed 8 more antiquities and a couple Perfect Peridots to craft it again. As soon as I came back to the forge and crafted it, then I got the success sound for the quest and was able to continue with Ignus to move the quest along.
Thanks for testing the hypothesis and sharing your results. Just having the already crafted wand in our backpacks is not enough.

To get the revered crafting quest, we have to craft the legendary wand during the quest. Ones we crafted before don't count.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 26, 2010
Ya, nothin works to fix this problem that I've tried seems I have to craft another sword. Since I don't know when this issue will be addressed I guess I'll make another sword. Thanks for the replies though:)

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Freshta on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for testing the hypothesis and sharing your results. Just having the already crafted wand in our backpacks is not enough.

To get the revered crafting quest, we have to craft the legendary wand during the quest. Ones we crafted before don't count.

Alia Misthaven
Hmm, this was not the case with my Fire. I had the wand in his backpack (it wasn't equipped) from when I crafted it last year, and I heard the sound of that horn when I walked right up to the Forge. I don't understand why it worked for me but not others, so I'm guessing it's a bug?

Edit: I decided to do the quest again, but this time on my Ice. I got the Legendary weapon that I made last year from my house, and I then went and interacted with the Forge. I heard that horn again, and I was able to become a Visionary Crafter all without crafting a second Legendary weapon. I'm pretty sure it is a bug that is making people craft another wand.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
BrahmShadow on Nov 13, 2017 wrote:
Hmm, this was not the case with my Fire. I had the wand in his backpack (it wasn't equipped) from when I crafted it last year, and I heard the sound of that horn when I walked right up to the Forge. I don't understand why it worked for me but not others, so I'm guessing it's a bug?

Edit: I decided to do the quest again, but this time on my Ice. I got the Legendary weapon that I made last year from my house, and I then went and interacted with the Forge. I heard that horn again, and I was able to become a Visionary Crafter all without crafting a second Legendary weapon. I'm pretty sure it is a bug that is making people craft another wand.
I don't know. Just like you, I heard the horn when I went to the forge, then had a separate interaction where I actually crafted the wand and no sounds of success followed the actual crafting part.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 26, 2010
It seems to me from others ideas, since I got the quest and entered the forge without the sword the first time, it doesn't seem to pick it up anytime after your first. That's my hypothesis on the matter so far, so it seems without a fix for it I'll have to make another.
Thanks for everyone's replies once again, to help solve the problem.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
I also crafted the legendary wand before this world came out, and I have been using the Jaki's Legendary Bow in the game.

My experience is similar, but not identical to Dragonslyar's. I did have the legendary wand in my backpack when I got the assignment to go to the Forge from Ignus. I went to the forge and it gave me the quest to make (another) one. then I went back to Ignus and bought the recipe for the revered one.

So now I think I have to craft another one, and then upgrade it. The thing that bothers me is that the recipe for the revered wand says one Jaki's Bow, it does not say Legendary Bow, and even though there is one in my backpack, the recipe does not recognize it as a reagent that is present.

I think KI would be smart to address this situation, so we aren't doing these complicated and tedious crafting chores without being certain it is necessary.

I think the nomenclature for Jaki's Bow should be consistent. There appears to only be a "Jaki's Legendary Bow" and no Jaki's Bow anywhere. But I am not sure.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Dragonslyare on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
Ugh! I was wearing my brand new wand since I had worked to craft it. Nothing in the quest said not to do that. KI maybe you can tweak that part and warn people NOT to wear it or they don't get credit at the forge?
Who knew I'd have to craft another one of the same thing? Now I see it's a glitch and it's only because I didn't have it in my backpack. Uh KI that's a big omission since the quest already knew I had made one. It shouldn't matter if I am wearing it or have it in a bank or backpack or anywhere else.

So now I'm stuck making another one...Oh well, since that wand is also in the recipe for the Revered wand, this way if there are two, at least I can keep one! I guess!

It will be quite a while before I have all the Revered ingredients, anyway.

If people are reading this - do not wear or bank your new Legendary sword/wand -- repeat keep it in your back pack until you get your Revered quest and after you have gone to the forge...even though nothing in the quest warns you about that.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Stephen Wildshade on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
OK,

I did the same but I think once you have gotten the nod to craft a second one it is too late. It had to have been in your backpack the first time you go visit the forge, after getting the Revered quest. At least, it was too late in my case. Sounds like yours, too.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
SparkleTude on Nov 21, 2017 wrote:
I did the same but I think once you have gotten the nod to craft a second one it is too late. It had to have been in your backpack the first time you go visit the forge, after getting the Revered quest. At least, it was too late in my case. Sounds like yours, too.
That actually makes the most sense. If I had another wizard I would test that out - So for people stumbling across this thread, like someone said earlier, have the legendary weapon in backpack when first visiting the forge for the revered quest?