Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

shade of sycorax quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
this is a solo quest which is almost impossible to complete due to dispels and loads of weakness placed on you. could you do anything to fix this plz

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
salcal951 on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
this is a solo quest which is almost impossible to complete due to dispels and loads of weakness placed on you. could you do anything to fix this plz
I did it on two characters, and I never encountered any dispels? Just wand attack the minion to get the weaknesses off you, and make sure you at least double feint the boss. The fight is pretty easy if you do that.

Edit: I did this fight yesterday on my Storm, and I found that Empower treasure cards REALLY help at this fight. I was able to restore my pips while also getting rid of a lot of the weaknesses that were on me.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Seriously is a VERY annoying Boss. You can't even have a team to help you out.

I used Cleanse Charm many times but by the time the last weakness is off, she'll cast another one.

Use Normal feints, Potent Feint, TC feint and a Pet feint if you have one. Any traps as well. And Blade stack too. Make sure DIFFERENT Weaknesses are off. Like one from a spell and a normal one. Both of them will count and reduce a lot of damage, so make sure they are off. You can check what buffs are on your wizard by hovering over the battle symbol next to your name on the bottom-ish right of the screen.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
Hello, may I ask what school you are? I am death and I soloed it just fine.

Morgan Darkrider 120

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
i am also having the same problem!!!
i thought with being a storm, i would be able to do at least decent hits, but i can't because of the insane amount of weaknesses. i have even tried life & storm henchmen for support and they don't help either.
you either get a hit thats only worth 5k damage, and then you're almost dead because it's impossible to do anything :/

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
Yes! Please nerf Sycorax! I have tried it over 10 times with a bunch of different strategies and nothing has worked!

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
okay so i made a reply above before about how difficult it was and how i couldn't do it either,

well i managed to do it; with the use of a large amount of blades, feints + then using the new trickster spell which is basically almost guaranteed critical and then use a large attack all spell to wipe both of them out in one hit. thats what i did with using glowbugs and i easily killed both. the only problem with this though is you need to be careful with your health so maybe get a pet that can heal or cast sheilds on you

Survivor
Mar 20, 2012
It took me around 6 tries, but the strategy is to not worry about the weaknesses. Just constantly hit with enchanted spells (to make them stronger). If you're waiting on pips, blade. But just hit constantly and as effectively as you can. Personally, I meteor'd every round when I could or used bull when I got shadow pips.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Please nerf this boss, I am having so much trouble and tried so many times....

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
so glad i'm not the only one who struggled with this.

i'm guessing that op is the same school as me because same-school fights are way more difficult for balance than for any other school. remember mavra flamewing and the protection pox in dragonspyre? this is basically that, but worse.

sure, i soloed it and was able to beat her on my first try, but it took forever because:

1) i am a balance wizard, meaning that

2) i have to bloat my deck with a bunch of extra cards, and

3) i have no counter for weakness beyond off-school tc (which, at the rate these guys spam weakness, is not worth it).

at first, i tried cleansing the weaknesses. but, once i realized what i was up against and that i'd never get rid of them, i decided to just buff up as much as i could and try to hit through them. it was a pain, since balance isn't known for high damage, but i did it.

i have a jewel that gives bonuses to shadow pips, so i banked those like my life depended on it. my 'strategy', if you could even call it that, was something like, blade, blade, feint, shrike, flawless, (epic) hit, repeat, heal as needed.

between my gear, shrike, and flawless, i was easily able to achieve 100% pierce, which compensated for all those weaknesses by pretty much ignoring shields and the boss' natural resist.

i don't think it needs to be nerfed, though a little variety in the spells cast would be great.

-von

Survivor
May 05, 2011
I did have trouble with this boss on storm but I was successful the second time beating her. I ran through on Balance last night and was disappointed that she had been nerfed. It took me a while to defeat her and her Balance minion, but I did just fine.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
yes it is a challenging battle. My advice to you is; have feints, cleanse, one pip spells outside your school and pet that helps with healing. Use a one of those one pip spells to take off the multiple weakness one round before you cast a big spell. Kill the minion first to cut back on weakness and shield yourself. That idea should help you. Should and will the battle be nerf later on? Possibly.