Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent Trap...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 08, 2015
Hello,

I have been wondering if you can still get the potent trap tc for Azteca crafting without doing the quest to get it from the last update. The reason I am asking this is that when the update came out I had already completed the quest for the potent trap and cannot go back to it... I have been trying to get the potent trap for about 2 months now, and have even farmed bosses that are verified to drop the potent trap (Gladiator, etc...) and have not obtained it.

Thanks!

Wolf LegendSword-LvL 120 Wolf LegendSword-LvL 8
Daniel BattleShade-LvL 120 Wolf LegendSword-LvL 6
Blaze NightRider-LvL 120 Sloan Bear-LvL 1
Michael ShadowStaff-LvL 117 Marcus WildStaff-LvL 1
Blaze NightFlame-LvL 117 Patrick Star-LvL 1
Carlos GhostDust-LvL68
Blaze MythRider-LvL 22

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
After months of sporadic fighting the Gladiator and Cronus ... my poor Storm finally got the Potent Trap by fighting Malakeen Moondrinker. He's located in the Zocalo (making it easy to step outside for health and mana). He's Myth with Death mastery, but no cheats and only one mob if you solo.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Yacate%27s_House#axzz4rM5Gc3ys

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Malakeen_Moondrinker#axzz4rM5Gc3ys

Sierra got her Potent Trap after just three, quick battles. Maybe give that a try.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven, 120
Sierra Stormcaller, 100

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Have you tried gardening? I think it was the Sour Fickle Pickle that might also be a source of these.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2015
Ultra alligator pear tree drops it for sure, that's how I ended up getting mine.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2015
Thanks for the feedback..... I will start farming and gardening once I get the chance to