Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Heckhound not doing damage as calculated.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
The description for the spell says 130 damage per pip. And a lot of the time when I use a blade, trap, wyldfire and fuel as well as a ton of pips I can get it to do much more than 1000 damage (On my level 36 magus)
But it always does less damage than calculated. If my opponent has 200 health left and I have 2 pips, I should be able to cast a heckhound for 260 damage per round right? But it does far less than that and takes multiple rounds to kill the enemy. Is there a reason this happens?

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
madogg6 on Oct 28, 2017 wrote:
The description for the spell says 130 damage per pip. And a lot of the time when I use a blade, trap, wyldfire and fuel as well as a ton of pips I can get it to do much more than 1000 damage (On my level 36 magus)
But it always does less damage than calculated. If my opponent has 200 health left and I have 2 pips, I should be able to cast a heckhound for 260 damage per round right? But it does far less than that and takes multiple rounds to kill the enemy. Is there a reason this happens?
Heck Hound does 130 damage per pip that is spread out over 3 rounds. If you have 2 pips, the Heck Hound will do 260 damage total, but since the damage is spread out over 3 rounds, it will do 87 damage per turn (260/3).

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
It's 130 per pip over 3 rounds. Meaning it will take 3 rounds to deal its full damage. In your example at 2 pips you will deal 260 damage but that damage will be split over 3 rounds so 87 per round.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
madogg6 on Oct 28, 2017 wrote:
The Heckhound spell does 130 damage per pip, over three rounds. The spell is working exactly as calculated.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2017
I get a little mixed up with some spells too (death and doesn't understand what doom and gloom does) but in this case, thats the total damage, not per round.

So in your example of 2 pips for 260 you are correct but that would be the total damage, split over X rounds.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The way Heckhound works is like this:

(130 x pips used)/3 rounds

So, if you used 10 pips (ignoring any boosts like blades, traps, or gear), it would do 1,300/3rounds=433 per round (rounded to a whole number). For easier math, if it wound up doing 3,000 pts of damage total, then it would do 1,000 points of damage per round. It's a great spell, but has specific uses.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
Heckhound does 130 damage per pip over 3 rounds. That means with 2 pips you would do 260 damage over 3 rounds. So 260/3 damage per round of tick

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
So, the spell does do the intended damage it is supposed to do.