Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frustrated, need information

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Hello wizards, I'd like to understand why; some players ask for TCs to sell? If you need gold why not do quests or farm Dungeon Gauntlets or go fishing and sell your catch if you don't have a membership? Why do players call each other bro or dude instead of their Wizard's name? Why do players use others to help them level up fast? Why is it fun to rush? The game is not going anywhere.I like to enjoy the battles by taking my time. Why troll others for fun? It gets very annoying when some people do these things Maybe it's because i grow up starting in the 60's and people changed with the times? Please feel free to share your thoughts

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
"why; some players ask for TCs to sell?"

Because it costs them no time at all beyond the few seconds it takes to beg.

"Why do players call each other bro or dude instead of their Wizard's name?"
An attempt to sound younger? I don't think anyone under 20 says bro or dude any more.

"Why do players use others to help them level up fast?"

Some battles are long or tedious or very difficult to solo.

"Why is it fun to rush?"

See above: some battles are long, tedious, difficult. Oh, and repetitive.

"Why troll others for fun?"

The answer is in the question. Personally I don't troll so I don't find it fun.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 22, 2017 wrote:
Hello wizards, I'd like to understand why; some players ask for TCs to sell? If you need gold why not do quests or farm Dungeon Gauntlets or go fishing and sell your catch if you don't have a membership? Why do players call each other bro or dude instead of their Wizard's name? Why do players use others to help them level up fast? Why is it fun to rush? The game is not going anywhere.I like to enjoy the battles by taking my time. Why troll others for fun? It gets very annoying when some people do these things Maybe it's because i grow up starting in the 60's and people changed with the times? Please feel free to share your thoughts
I'll try to answer:
Rare TCs can bring more gold to a low level Wizard than doing the "hard" work of farming a dungeon. I told a friend recently in Pirate101 that this was the "I want it now, and don't want to spend the effort" attitude.
Since you grew up in the 60s ( as did I ) then you're familiar with the word: "man" used in sentences addressed to peers. This is the modern analogue of "dude" & "bro".
Fun to rush? Well, some may have limited membership and getting as high leveled as they can is important to them.
Trolls: there will always be a certain group of socially mal-adjusted people who get joy by causing pain ( or annoyance ) it doesn't matter which.
"The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind."

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I agree. I grew up in the 80's. I'm not totally sure of this but maybe its a generation type of thing. We grew up when video games were, well.. enough said. I think we value good graphics more. I think we value the music, the story line and seeing the characters moving in more than two directions (front and back). We grew up when computer games were just being made, and Nintendo was getting big. I think us older players are just totally impressed with everything that games have turned into. I can sit and stare at the graphics for hours. Super Mario didn't have nothing on Wizard101 :)

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I grew up in the 70s and while I agree with everything that has been posted thus far, I would like to add that I have seen an overall lack of patience amongst younger generations. That and there ARE always going to be social malcontents that can't seem to have fun at all and don't want anyone else enjoying themselves.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Area51Alien on Oct 24, 2017 wrote:
I grew up in the 70s and while I agree with everything that has been posted thus far, I would like to add that I have seen an overall lack of patience amongst younger generations. That and there ARE always going to be social malcontents that can't seem to have fun at all and don't want anyone else enjoying themselves.

Steven Ghoststalker
I noticed that too. Why do people play Wizaard101 if they're not having fun? My theory on that is those game players are not allowing themselves to have fun by always wanting the best gear, hit/ damage boosts and in a rush through every battle. How can anyone enjoy playing like that.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 22, 2017 wrote:
Why do some players ask for TCs to sell?
Farming for gold and fishing takes quite a while and a lot of players just can't be bothered, which is fair enough and relatable. Certain treasure cards, such as Empower, can also sell for a lot of gold.
Who do players call each other bro or dude instead of their Wizard's name?
It's mostly the younger male players who do this. I guess they often address each other these names as a way of being closer to one another, though I may be wrong. Like someone may call another player "bro" because they're like brothers (or siblings).
Why do players use others to help them level up fast? Why is it fun to rush?
Most likely because they're lazy to do solo questing, or they've finished every world before multiple times on their other characters, that they feel it's a drag having to repeat everything on such a slow pace. I usually reject strangers who ask or friend me only for the sake of leveling them up, but if they're close friends, I'll make an exception to help them on my spare time.
Why troll others for fun?
These players often have nothing else to do and are just looking to get a reaction out of you. So it's best to just ignore them, or better yet, report them. Nothing's better than seeing these trolls get muted.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 25, 2017 wrote:
I noticed that too. Why do people play Wizaard101 if they're not having fun? My theory on that is those game players are not allowing themselves to have fun by always wanting the best gear, hit/ damage boosts and in a rush through every battle. How can anyone enjoy playing like that.
My take on that is some people can only have fun if they deny others the ability to have fun.

Or the perceived notion that this is only a child's game and they think they are annoying young children.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Whats the rush?....am glad to see some these posts that there are wizards out there that "stop to smell the roses"!......yes, I believe there are those that really dont have a clue about this game but just want to move to the next world before 6pm tonite.....i think the best chuckle for me was when I was in wizard city commons and a cute little fairy came up to me and asked if i would port her to Krokotopia.!....I sweetly said that if she did the quests that she would get access to Krok. and then she could go there all the time...by herself!....she didnt say anything, just turned and flew off....as far as tc's and gold go, I spent almost a month doing battles and selling gear,etc.....my gold reserve is high and just about maxed for the limit...but I dont need to beg!...I guess being an older player(Im talking age, not how long Ive been in this game), you get your priority list lined up differently. haha.....There is NO such game or in real life.....that does not have drama.....double ha! and a laugh thrown in.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Why do some players ask for TCs to sell?
Maybe they're trying to raise money for a quick pet hatch that is only going to be available for a very short time. Or, maybe they don't have a membership or crowns-bought areas to go farming for gold. Or, maybe they're low level and the TC they earn aren't worth much. Or, maybe they're lazy.

If you need gold why not do quests or farm Dungeon Gauntlets or go fishing and sell your catch if you don't have a membership?
If they don't have membership, there's not many areas to catch fish worth real gold, unless they fish on the housing tours. They'd be better off gardening. But either way, those are long-term and energy-intensive methods of raising gold. If they need a lot of gold fast, then begging has a bigger payout.

Why do players call each other bro or dude instead of their Wizard's name?
It's a digital age thing. (Internet culture, young people slang, etc.) Generally, if I see someone calling another 'bro' or 'dude,' I assume they are friends.

Why do players use others to help them level up fast? Why is it fun to rush?
Some people are trying to get as far as they can on a limited time frame, such as a one-month membership that came with a bundle.

Why troll others for fun?
You know those school-yard bullies that lounge around the common area pushing all the other kids around and laughing about it, getting their kicks being jerks? Yeah. They like to do that in video games, too. Why? I don't know why. They're just jerks so ignore them.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments. You all made good points.