Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Halloween Trick or Treating

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
October 31 is nearly upon us, and in the Spiral, there are a few new holiday treats, but nothing awe-inspiring. Or free. Two new pets (for crowns), a new mount (for crowns), an updated pack (for crowns), accompanied by the same Ravenwood towers, the same costumes and transformations, and the same Jack Hallow quests.

Now perhaps KI has something new and wondrous dropping closer to Halloween. Given that test realm just went up, that's doubtful, and come October 31, we will be stuck with the same celebration we have had for years. But what if we could do something new, something fun? What if we could go Trick or Treating?

For one day, professors and NPCs around the Spiral would be coded to respond to the prompt "Trick or Treat." Some might instantly give a treat, while some might give a trick, like a quest. The treats could be current Halloween wands, costumes, even housing items. The quests would be level-appropriate, and when you turn said quest in, you would receive gold, perhaps new holiday gear (like an animated pumpkin wand), a new transformation, or some other reward not normally seen during this holiday. Imagine flying through Krokotopia looking for hidden pumpkins, or galloping around Mirage, searching for bats.

We could have, just for one day, higher-level Ravenwood towers that drop gear usually reserved for Mount Olympus "secret" bosses. We could have one day to buy the Headless Horseman recipe, and one of the reagents is only available in a new Ravenwood tower, only on Halloween.

In the current economy, money is tight, especially for middle-class families. Most of us cannot spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on crowns for new pets, mounts, or the updated pack. KI would do well to at least consider adding free content on Halloween, so the majority of players could enjoy something new, something challenging, and yes, something free, on October 31.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2017
I agree. We cant even get the Halloween costumes in the shopping district without crowns.Plus these costumes arent even in the crown store.Jeez.
Also,you are right in that so many of us will not have the really fun Halloween stuff due to not being able to afford all the crowns it takes to buy that one little stat-less set of clothes in the Shopping District.
At least in ESO,you can win all the goodies by finishing quests.You arent charged for the outfits.Granted,there are also things for the Holidays in the crown store,but those you get from the quests are pretty cool.
It would be great fun to have Trick or Treat,..IF there were things that were fun and wirth it.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
If anyone has $ 29 to spend on a hobby item in real life, Gamestop has a new bundle from KI and it's scary and can be used for Halloween.

It would be nice if some costumes were available for gold, I agree with you. It wouldn't have to be as elaborate as or the same ones as sold for crowns. (Up to KI.)

The blank pumpkin head is nice but it reminds me of Halloween costume parades at school when there was always a kid whose only costume was a paper mask provided by the teacher.

But anyway I thought I'd mention the new carnival/Halloween bundle at Gamestop in case for some it's more an issue of not having a CC online or not wanting to use one for hobby expenditures. If there's a Gamestop near you, you could pay in cash or ask for the bundle as a gift from family. (The bundle is on the main page here but it's possible not everyone saw that.)