Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Got False Reported

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 08, 2016
So I left my character in the Arena for a while and was afk, only to come back to a notice that says I got reported and apparently used foul language. I was just minding my own business this entire time watching Ranked matches. I spoke to no one nor have I done or said anything that goes against the chat rules. It may seem like a small issue but it is a big problem for me since this isn't the first time it has happened to me. A friend's friend of mine had spam reported me after I defeated him twice in a Practice match. Now I'm afraid of getting muted or even being banned permanently for no valid reason because of things like this. Please fix this issue. People can easily get false reported and may even result in them being banned for no reason at all.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
When someone get's reported, it will document what was said just before and after the report was made, then the report is analyzed to determine who is at fault/the validity of the report and punishment is dealt accordingly.

If you were minding your business as you say and were falsely reported than I wouldn't worry too much.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
The Lore Keeper on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
When someone get's reported, it will document what was said just before and after the report was made, then the report is analyzed to determine who is at fault/the validity of the report and punishment is dealt accordingly.

If you were minding your business as you say and were falsely reported than I wouldn't worry too much.
I do hear of rumors going around about people being banned quite often for no reason, so I'm a little worried due to that. I was also muted for 48 hours a month ago, but I was not sent a notice as to why I was nor I remember doing anything that I have done that would most likely result with me getting muted during that time.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You can query these things with KI; support@wizard101.com

Being muted for no reason?

Ask about that as well. Maybe you can have that completely wiped off your profile database they keep for every active account.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
deathsummoner4 on Oct 7, 2017 wrote:
I do hear of rumors going around about people being banned quite often for no reason, so I'm a little worried due to that. I was also muted for 48 hours a month ago, but I was not sent a notice as to why I was nor I remember doing anything that I have done that would most likely result with me getting muted during that time.
Do you allow a family member to share your account? I have heard of players whose siblings go on line on their wizard ( or pirate ) and say offensive things, then the player gets muted.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
When people claim they were banned "for no reason," view that with skepticism, in my opinion.

Making false reports can get the reporter in trouble though!

I was once just sitting behind a building in the Commons, shopping, when someone reported me. I had no clue why. I hadn't typed anything at all. I was sitting there with the crowns shop open, behind a building, where no one could see me (I thought.) So who knows. Someone causing mischief, I guess.
It upset me so I contacted KI who assured me they do look into each report and do not simply take the word of the one reporting for what happened.

If you are still worried you can email KI about it and explain your side of it.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Me being muted once was probably due to me reporting boosters. My opinion may not be the same for the entire Wizard101 community, but as someone who actually spends money on the game and puts time and effort into making my characters the best they can be for the arena, I think it should be appropriate to report boosting or even ban it from the game. These players get free wins and rank just because they have easy access to multiple computers and accounts. It's frustrating and unfair.