Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friend wants my crowns

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 21, 2013
Hello I was just asked by a friend if I could buy him a lore pack. I don't know what to do because he is my friend and he did really nice things to me. What should I do?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Such an interesting question...

The decision ultimately lies to you,
But, has this friend:

Repeatedly asked for items?

Help?

If he/she seems to be the type to only want to receive and not willing to give, I suggest you exercise some level of caution here.

However, if it's Genuine and you two are coming from a while back and you can afford it, then why not?

Be sure to let him/her know that this won't be a regular occurrence!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also to add!

Don't give out any account or personal information!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
I understand that they are your friend, but unless you actually know them, or you have way more money then you know what to do with it, Don't. They don't deserve it most likely. Unless you openly offer it it's my opinion that you shouldn't give packs to people for helping you.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If you want to give them a pack and IF your parents know what you're doing and agree to it, go ahead. You should work it out ahead of time exactly what and how many you'll give.

If your parents say no, or if you don't want to give a pack, just tell your friend that your parents turned off the gifting feature. (That's an actual thing that parents and adults can set in our accounts. No Gifting means it's impossible to give any Crowns items.) If he's a true friend, he'll understand.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If you do not want to gift them just tell them, if them asking makes you uncomfortable tell them that also! You are under no obligation to buy anything for anyone regardless of how long you have been friends!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
If any of my friends ask for a pack, then it's a definite no. A 'friend' should never ask for something that costs the other player real money items.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Everyone, while what you have posted is often true for those "friends" who ask for many things ( help or gifts ) I think you over looked a couple of things said in this post
1. "He did really nice things for me."
2. He asked for only one Lore pack.
If this person has acted as a good friend and hasn't shown that he's greedy, then if it's ok with your parents/guardians ( Or if you're of the age to make this decision for yourself.) Then there's nothing wrong with granting a friend's wish.
Usually my friends don't ask for a gift, but on a few occasions a good friend has asked for a gift and I have no problems granting a special request like this.
Strangers I've just met on the other hand......