Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being able to walk through NPC's

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 24, 2017
I don't know why, but this always bothers me. I understand why real players are being ghosts (it's probably so trolls don't block doors and tunnels), but why NPC's? Am I the only one bothered by this?

~ Matthew GreenFlame
From Krokatopia

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
We're able to walk through npcs by magic

Honestly I think it's because it would make more sense to have us phase through both npcs and other players than to have us phase through other players and not npcs.

That or the system only goes on the extremes for collision of characters. Either all characters except monsters can be phased through or not at all. No in between.

Also it's kinda funny when you're talking to them and body horror ensues when you walk too close.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 61
Mindy Rainflower 5

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
Well, I mean... If players are able to walk through each other, it would make sense for npcs to share the same properties. As unrealistic as it is in the first place, it kind of goes with. I could see not being able to walk through npcs annoying under certain circumstances, as well.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
No, because as a wizard matter phasing is a spell you inherently know.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Dec 29, 2015
Eh, walking through NPCS can seem somewhat weird hey

a game about spider man

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Area51Alien on Sep 28, 2017 wrote:
No, because as a wizard matter phasing is a spell you inherently know.

Steven Ghoststalker
Then how come we aren't able to phase through walls and other objects?

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
chocoluver18 on Sep 29, 2017 wrote:
The phasing skill only covers solid, living, and/or animate objects.

We can slightly vibrate our molecules to pass through other moving molecules, like other humans and other animals. But to pass through solid objects we'd have to figure out a way to completely morph our body to fit in the little space in between a solid object's molecular form.

Legend has there's a spell to do this, but it's locked away in the depths of the Wizard City library, never to be seen.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 61
Mindy Rainflower 5

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
chocoluver18 on Sep 29, 2017 wrote:
Because Merle Ambrose has enchanted most walls and solid objects with a higher level anti-phase charm.

Notice that Wizards are able to phase through doors that we need to get through.

Steven Ghoststalker