Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-22-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It’s Friday, and as such, that means it’s time for Feedback, so let’s get to it!

On KI Live, we mentioned that Extra life is coming up! We’re really excited to get a team together to support the cause, and you can earn some pretty cool rewards. To clarify a few points:

1. You need to amass your donations by Nov 4th to participate with the potential for rewards.

2. While we encourage you to play 24 hours of Wizard, Pirate, or any other KI games, you can play whatever you’d like (and you don't have to do it in one sitting).

So, this week, I have a two-parter for you. What is the longest you’ve ever played Wizard101 (or any KI games) in one sitting? Also, if you were setting up the optimal marathon play session for any KI games (MMOs, Mobile Games, or any of our FreeKIGames), what would it include?

We hope to see you join our team (which you can get more information about HERE)!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Jul 21, 2017
I've actually moved my desktop into my bathroom before, just so I could game without interruption.

Not the most ideal streaming location though, for obvious reasons.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Professor Falmea on Sep 22, 2017 wrote:
It’s Friday, and as such, that means it’s time for Feedback, so let’s get to it!

On KI Live, we mentioned that Extra life is coming up! We’re really excited to get a team together to support the cause, and you can earn some pretty cool rewards. To clarify a few points:

1. You need to amass your donations by Nov 4th to participate with the potential for rewards.

2. While we encourage you to play 24 hours of Wizard, Pirate, or any other KI games, you can play whatever you’d like (and you don't have to do it in one sitting).

So, this week, I have a two-parter for you. What is the longest you’ve ever played Wizard101 (or any KI games) in one sitting? Also, if you were setting up the optimal marathon play session for any KI games (MMOs, Mobile Games, or any of our FreeKIGames), what would it include?

We hope to see you join our team (which you can get more information about HERE)!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
I think my longest playtime is maybe 8 hours? That was when I was farming Tartarus a lot for Hades gear and the Amulet of Divine Influence.

My optimal marathon playtime would be questing in Empyrea :P Hopefully it's out on Live by November 4th.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Good question. Probably 4-5 hours give or take.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
The longest I've ever spent in one sitting was 16 hours during summer break and my optimal marathon would include some side activities because whenever I'm playing wizard101 for such a long time I'm grinding either quests or gold and gear, which gets monotonous just by itself. Some side activities could probably be streaming my gameplay on twitch, or having a bunch of friends come over to talk and play with.

Survivor
May 20, 2012
Once played WoW for about 40 hours straight (with eating, drinking, and using the bathroom, of course)

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
The longest I have ever continuously played any Kingsisle game was about 30 hours, when playing Pirate101 during the last 'Pillow Fight'. I would want to bring back the Pirate101 Pillow fights, with the rewardof 60,000 crowns for top prize, and 10k for the next ten players, plus a top 100 leaderboard. I enjoyed the pillow fights, and wish they would return

Survivor
May 29, 2016
14 hours. I love to play wiz when I’m bored at my grandmas house

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Hmmm, I'd say the longest I've played in one sitting is... about seven or eight hours straight. My average play time is about two hours in a single sitting (I love this game but I usually get bored or get burned out pretty quickly), occasionally if I'm feeling it I play for longer, like 4 hours. I remember one summer I played for like 5 hours daily.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "setting up the optimal play session," but if you mean physically, then I guess just get a bottle of water with me and a bag of chips or whatever.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Wizard101- where to start? I think I've done about 11-12 hours in one sitting. Please help.

As for Pirate101, Maybe 6 hours? It's my first time and it's so captivating.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i used to play this game for 16+ hours a day while i was on medical leave from work; my friends and i would all get on skype and quest together or just be silly

optimal marathon wizarding session= snacks, skype, and my wizard sisters.

haven't decided whether or not i'll participate in the event yet; i guess we'll see.

-von

Survivor
Aug 04, 2014
Well To be honest staying up from 8 am till 5-6 in the morning was a bit of a struggle. I mean think about it for a second, you would be soooo tired the next day. So for me, during summer break, I'd say 24 hours :P
*Frosty**

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
The longest I've played was 18 hours when pvp matches would last 8 or more hours.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Sep 22, 2017 wrote:

1. 19 hrs. & 23 min. (tired as a sloth, and my eyes were blood shot THANKS LOREMASTER!!!!)
  2. A blanket, a drink, a snack, and a comfortable chair!

Survivor
Oct 26, 2014
The longest I've ever played was from about 8pm to 3 am questing through Azteca on winter break! No regrets.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
20 Hours on Wizard 101. I am an OLD LADY with a lot of time on her hands lol.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
The longest I've played Wizard101 in one sitting is 6-10 hours straight. For the second part, 6 hours of pure questing with water and a snack. I really love KI! Keep up the excellent work.

Daniel
Champion Necromancer

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I got to do Wizard101 for 16 or so hours once. It was pretty fun at the time! I'd have to say Wizard101 or anything that my irl friends will play with me!

Survivor
Sep 28, 2016
Well, the computer I use isn't mine. It's my brother, so in the morning I get on while he's asleep and once he wakes up I'll be on for about an hour or two more and then get off.
It stinks not having my own computer, but we can't afford a new one

Once I stayed on for almost 12 hours straight. It was tiring, but it was nice

Survivor
Sep 28, 2016
Talogy on Sep 22, 2017 wrote:
Once played WoW for about 40 hours straight (with eating, drinking, and using the bathroom, of course)
O.O Oh my goodness, how long did you sleep after that?

Survivor
Jul 17, 2017
Probably the most i've been on any KI game would be 32 hours when i have really nothing to do, just ordering pizza and playing till my battery of my laptop dies

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I play Wizard101 everyday on my desktop. My game time is up to 6-8 a day during the warm months. I live in Wisconsin so it gets quit cold in the Winter, That's when I play 6-10 a day sometimes longer. The longest ever played was about 16 hours.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My longest night on Wizard101 started around six pm. I took my level 20 or so Myth wizard into Tomb of the Beguiler, solo, not realizing what I'd started. This was August 2009, so no mounts. No henchmen. No dungeon recall. There were more levels to it then than there are now. Also, I didn't know I could set my wizard to "spin" to keep the connection open. Once I started something I thought I had to finish it.

I was new to the game and had no crowns gear, just whatever dropped. I also don't like giving up or, apparently, swallowing my pride long enough to ask for help. It was a perfect storm of ignorance, poverty and grit.

So I soloed Tomb of the Beguiler with my level 20-something Myth wizard. My basic strategy then was kill a mob, be killed myself, run all the way back to hop on the sigil (hoping no one else would go in and reset the instance) and then run all the way back to the battle I'd just lost where I would face one less enemy. Repeat. Repeat. Until I got through that battle and moved on to the next one. Repeat. Repeat.

Most of the time there was four against one, so each battle took upwards of an hour to get through.

As the hour approached midnight I was so deeply invested that, despite the exhausting grind, I kept going - one painful loss then recovery at a time.

I finished around 5am.

Times have changed and I can't do stuff like that anymore. No more 12 hour marathons for me.

(In case you're wondering, it was YEARS before I ever ventured into the Tomb of the Beguiler again! )

Alia Misthaven
Miranda Willowglen - never surrender!

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
48 hours. There are cognitive benefits of playing this game. Thank you, KI!

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
grannywizardx7 on Sep 23, 2017 wrote:
20 Hours on Wizard 101. I am an OLD LADY with a lot of time on her hands lol.
Go grandma, go grandma go!!!!!! love it :)