Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-1-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday, Wizards! It's Friday, and that means it's time for a new topic.

First, on a serious note, we appreciate your patience while we resolve the issues caused by these DDOS attacks. I just wanted to assure you we have one group of Wizards here hard at work restoring stability, while we have a completely separate group working uninhibited on the next Wizard101 update.

Now that we've got that out of the way, this is a very special weekend, because we turn NINE! We've got some really fun celebrations happening now and all throughout this month - you can check out the details here. We're so hyped up on birthday cake right now that we're already talking about some of the things we have planned for our TENTH birthday. So, our question to you this week is this - if you could wave your magic wand and add ONE thing to the Spiral to celebrate our tenth birthday, what would it be?

Happy ninth birthday, and cheers to a fantastic tenth year with everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
I think that a good way to celebrate a decade of Wizard101 is to allow (for a limited time) long time wizards to receive a special kind of gift. The gift could possibly be a new mount/pet exclusive to wizards with long time accounts

Hero
May 02, 2009
One thing huh? hmm, that's a toughy. Either Permanent transformations or the ability to actually jump over things or a feature similar to the out of battle glitch.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2017
i just hope you guys can stop all these attacks im hoping for legal action,
anyways i would like to see something like a wand that blows out confetti when used i think that would be awesome

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Professor Falmea on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:

First, on a serious note, we appreciate your patience while we resolve the issues caused by these DDOS attacks. I just wanted to assure you we have one group of Wizards here hard at work restoring stability, while we have a completely separate group working uninhibited on the next Wizard101 update.

Now that we've got that out of the way, this is a very special weekend, because we turn NINE! We've got some really fun celebrations happening now and all throughout this month - you can check out the details here. We're so hyped up on birthday cake right now that we're already talking about some of the things we have planned for our TENTH birthday. So, our question to you this week is this - if you could wave your magic wand and add ONE thing to the Spiral to celebrate our tenth birthday, what would it be?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Happy birthday!! we all thank you for your work against the DDoS!! as for the tenth birthday, it might be nice to sit back and just enjoy life on your birthday, so standard Casual clothing might be nice. we have LOTS or armors and robes, and they are all pretty.. but nothing you can really use for a casual sit back in a comfy pair of pants with your favorite sweater and read a book kind of clothes?

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Birthday spells and/or birthday gear from tower dungeons? (scaling difficulty, like Halloween)

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
A bank for people to share between their accounts. Those of us with multiple accounts would love to be able to share gear, seeds, etc between them.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011

if I could add in one thing it would be 1. a sense of humor for fitzume/Cyrus or 2. a top notch security system so we cant be hacked again.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
Something really grand that would symbolize those ten years of imagination! Maybe ten new quests, ten new pets, ten new mounts...a new school perhaps? On a side note, sorry about the trouble you are having. Hoping that your staff is not letting all the hysteria from the users get them down, lol. Hoping that all of them and their families are safe during the disaster you are facing in Texas.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013

It's great that progress on the upcoming world wasn't affected by the DDOS attacks!

My hope is that by the time you have your tenth birthday, a couple severe issues plaguing level 100+ will be solved. The biggest problem about leveling up beyond 100 is the lack of gear variety and the diminishing critical and block percentages. I advocated for new crafted gear to be added in the third arc (and I'm so glad you guys will be adding it to Polaris and Mirage in the Fall Update!) but it isn't enough JUST to add it to those worlds. With Empyrea on the horizon, it must ALSO have new crafted gear in there. It will create a major incentive to want to quest and play longer in the game if players know there's great new gear waiting for them somewhere in the world.

You guys also teased a possible new side dungeon coming next year (which I hope is a level 130 dungeon that will drop the next major gear set). I think it'll be great if Wizard101 has a new endgame at level 130 in the form of a dungeon which will keep max level people busy for a while, especially since there's no challenging content left in the game at 120 due to the constant nerfs.

And as always, I hope that by next year, the schools will be more diversified (with hopefully new utility spells that require both regular and Shadow pips).....

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
Clean up of minigame scoreboards to remove high scores that were patently achieved from exploits such as game slow down cheat programs. Make these 'All Time' scoreboards and introduce weekly and monthly scoreboards that were cleared at the end of those durations. This would allow less competent players to at least have a chance of see their name ranked for a while. There's no chance at present with the current scoreboards because of the blatant cheating which I'm surprised to see KI have tolerated for so long.

I'd challenge any player who claims their current score on the boards was genuinely achieved to post real time video showing how they got anywhere near that score. I don't think we'll be seeing any.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
There are many things that I would want to add but for the next birthday, possibly a birthday cake mount. You would be sticking your face out of a giant cake with frosting all over your face while you hover about inside a cake!!!

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
A full history on the doodle wizards,
specifically the two most prominently featured ones on our maps.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
First Off... I wanna say a big THANKS for you and everyone doing everything in your power to bring this wonderful community back together. I have found great friends and we talk every single day and were becoming a family and its all thanks to every person that works endlessly.

Second for your question...
I wanna break this down into two parts. First the "Add One Thing I could make happen" it would have to be adding Cooking, have a topic if you wanna read (https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/cooking-8ad6a4265d831c68015dddd6591779a3) It would be a fun new activity and something to do to pass time between updates for the next ten years. ;)

Now the "add ONE thing to the Spiral to celebrate the tenth birthday" A complete set of Birthday Gear... Hat, Robe, Boots, Wants, Pet, Deck, etc...
However I wouldn't mind seeing you bring back every single past Birthday items from the past ten years. It would give all the wizards that missed out on them a chance to have it, plus its super easy to do :)

THANKS AGAIN!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Limited time crowns wisps! 5 Crowns per wisp but they should be rare like 100 health wisps:1 crown wisp

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
A large birthday cake would appear in some free-to play area. Using it acts as a portal to a special zone. The zone would have the wizards standing on top of a giant birthday cake, and there would be ten candles. Each candle would have a sigil to enter a dungeon. Each dungeon represents the highlights one of the years Wizard101 has been open. I.E. the 2008 candle would represent the vanilla version of the game, the 2009 candle would have a lot of Grizzleheim enemies, the 2010 candle would have a Celestia theme, Zafaria for 2011 and so on. And then a new candle would be added each year themed after that years biggest update.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
A fireworks display in the Commons. Make it twilight or even dark, and put on a fireworks show for everyone!

Survivor
May 11, 2013
I would like to propose two ideas I would like to see added.

The addition of a Spell Tracker or Spell Recorder which displays Spell Card Images whenever cast, so that players can view the spell card's Image when another Round starts. This can help both Wizards know what the name of the spell that was cast is, but also displays description of what the spell does, and know which Battle Position cast it. A Round counter can be a nice addition to this feature since well sometimes Wizards forget what Round they are on which can interfere with their ability to win the battle when there are cheats at stake.

To go deeper into this concept. There can be a Template you can open only in Combat, which basically is a Note Pad for spells cast. The spells will display in a circle in this interface, and when highlighted will display the full spell card image. There can also be a Cheat Detector which monitors when Cards are Cheat Cast, which can help players better know the cause of a cheat.

Monstrology was a good step in this direction because it allowed wizards to see Spells of Creatures they wouldn't have seen previously, but I think that having this Spell Tracker can help all Wizards.

One other thing that would be handy, is a Creature Stat Viewer. Since many Creatures have a variety of Stats such as Boost, Resist, Pierce, Damage Boost, and perhaps Outgoing and Incoming Healing, perhaps a way to view these effects can be implemented so players can prepare.

This could be an Update Related sort of thing and might not be directed specifically for a Birthday Event, though it would be a nice feature to be gifted nonetheless.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
I woudl like a one time offer to change a wizards name face and hair, i have an ugly char and i feel this is long over due haha

Survivor
May 11, 2013
I would appreciate the addition of two ideas related to Combat.

The addition of a Spell Tracker or Spell Recorder was something I've been wanting for quite some time. What it will provide is a List of Spells cast by each Team which displays their Battle Positions and Spells that are Cast. A round counter can be added to this so Wizards know when spells were cast by each caster. This might have a limit of 50 entries before it starts overwriting them, but it can certainly help Wizards keep track of their Round since many Cheats are times to trigger on specific Rounds.

As you have implemented in PvP, there is a kind of Spell Tracker which displays spells of casters when observing matches, but what it doesn't display is May Casts and Pet Casts. A Spell Tracker should display all Spells being cast even if it is Cheat related. Perhaps a Cheat Detector can be added to this which displays when spells are Cheat cast, so players can better observe a particular trigger to that Cheat.

Monstrology was such a wonderful idea because it allowed players to see spells from Creatures they wouldn't have been able to view before. Though not all spells can be revealed from a Creature because of Cheats. I really think Players should be given this addition because players can benefit from seeing the Spell Cards from Creatures.

One last idea is the addition of a Creature Stat Viewer. Creatures tend to have a variety of stats that vary from each Creature and it would be handy for players to view those stats in combat. This will include their Boost and Resist value, (Boost meaning negative Resist), Pierce, Damage Boost, and Incoming and Outgoing Healing stats.

The game will improve when players can fully know the spells and stats of Creatures to help them in combat throughout the Spiral.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2015
If there could be one more addition I would want it to be able to buy more reagents at the different venders because it is already hard enough to craft some of the gear because you need pretty rare stuff that is almost instantly bought in the bazaar.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2017
PLEASE FOR THE Tenth Wizard101 birthday i would like a free | Special (Permanent) Mount that is exclusive 40% Speed that you can only get logging on the day of the birth day

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
I'd add a new world hub, besides Wizard City. Something along the level of a high level only Wizard City. Would be nice to avoid starting zone once in awhile to get to a bazaar and such

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I would like it (just as something small for this year) if you would extend the birthday event in-game because of all the attacks. I know they aren't your fault, but every time I try to take advantage of, for example, the double pet experience, it cuts me off and won't let me do it anymore. I wish you guys luck in dealing with them, but I feel like that would appease most people.

As for next year, a Spell Tracker would be cool that shows pictures of every spell cast in that game.

Good luck, and congrats on 9 years of Wizard101!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2017
If I could wave my magic wand and add one thing to the spiral, I would add the choice of changing Gobbler Mount colors. In Colossus Boulevard, there's green, yellow and pink gobblers. I would appreciate it, if we had the option to choose a different color gobbler for that mount. Like how you can dye the Marleybone Car Mount