Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
Critical was adjusted awhile back. 200 to the 300 was considered high then. Now I saw a death wizard with 805.
I thought the game was leaning more towards pierce and defense. What gives with the 805?

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
valter62 on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Critical was adjusted awhile back. 200 to the 300 was considered high then. Now I saw a death wizard with 805.
I thought the game was leaning more towards pierce and defense. What gives with the 805?
The high level meta is actually leaning more towards towards damage, critical, and pip conversion (ironically). Kingsisle has been trying to phase out block and pierce as we go beyond level 100.

A level 120 Wizard needs at least 795 critical rating to have a 100% chance to cast a critical.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
I think it takes around 800 for 100% critical chance, I'm assuming he wanted 100% critical chance?

Survivor
May 29, 2017
i got hit with a critical in Celestia of 1200, by not sure the name of the card, its the blind winged lady.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
Sounds like we need someone to update gear for each school.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2015
valter62 on Sep 2, 2017 wrote:
Sounds like we need someone to update gear for each school.
My storm and fire have 100% critical due to the high critical gear and jewels. It is hard to get 100% critical with the other schools but not impossible. All my characters have high damage though.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
It appears that not all wiz are the same. I have two same school wizards with same stats and same gear. One i got thru new world and the critical is higher now than the other school. It appears K I forgot to turn the reduction on prior to the go live. So now I suppose that either they will do a reduction when they see my post or they will do an across the board reduction. I not complaining about my wiz that was not affected. However, to change mid stream makes me so frustrated.
I don't know why K I would want the game to lean one way or the other. I see people with great pets, great gear. They seem to have worked for it. I also see pets and gear that I would not use. But, I guess it works for them. I guess it's because it is someone preference or idea of what they like or prefer.
It is so sad that those that try to improve always seem to get punished. I guess because their ideas are different. As i see it Storm should be able to keep max critical for a while. Some of the other schools will either get improvement compliments of K I or will suffer.
I heard critical was not the intended direction for the game. ( why all the critical pet jewels )But it is here and has been for a while.
I just think. Leave things along, let those that want to improve do so. But stop trying to sway game play one way or the other. As for a high critical death wiz mine was 100%. Now it's down to 93% I did nothing but quest.
How fair is that. If you don't understand how someone can get those stats. You should look at the other stats. I'm sure they are lower in other areas. Other stats are important too. Again that is someone style of play. Just stop trying to put everyone in a box K I.

Bye Peeps

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Critical goes down as you level up. I can attest it is working as I had 100% critical before the new world and after finishing it was down to I believe 93% to get 100% critical again you need somewhere I believe and I'm guessing a small bit here as I have not got mine back to 100% yet, around 810 or more in the critical section. Good Luck and I sure with they would go back to giving us some critical gear as I love doing the Crit. Not sure who it was that made the decision to give us pip conversion but and I'm sorry to have to say it, but it is pretty useless.