Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help me understand housing tour ratings

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Housing tour ratings are confusing. I click on a top-rated decorated house and once I "arrive" at said house, the decorations are less than fabulous. Which begs the question: How in the world do houses with 100 pets and a tree wind up in the top 10 or 20?

I've seen houses listed as "mazes" without a maze, houses listed as "magical" without even one magical item or effect, and "holiday" houses that do not seem to have an affiliation to any holiday at all. Yet these houses are top rated, and this befuddles me.

Could someone with more knowledge than I please explain the housing rating system? Is it-as I have been told-really only dependent on one's ability to get friends to rate a house?

We try to make the ratings as fair as possible.

The more players that rate castles, the fairer the ratings are.

Also, we allow players to change castles while they're on the tour so it's possible that players have redecorated their castle.

Arthur

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
In order for a friend to rate one's castle, they have to do the random castle tours like anyone else, so it's not likely the cause (it's time consuming to maybe get your friends' house)....

Unfortunately, houses with Gauntlets get top ratings by players in order to be able to use them (Pagoda, Bane, etc.), or a castle that has NPCs that give free stuff daily.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
Thanks for asking that question. It has been bugging me for a long time. Decorating is my favorite thing to do in the game, and I try hard to be creative. So it is very disappointing to visit a top-rated house, and have it look like a three-year-old did it.

It would be great it Wiz101 would do decorating contests that we could enter. Seems like the only way we are going to get strangers to be able to enjoy our beautiful homes.