Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how to get star jewel plant?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
so my storm pet needs the spell proof opal because it failed so I looked up ways to get it and the only way to get is from a plant in farleys gardening pack. while I was farming the pack I got the triangle jewel one. I looked up on the wiki it said you could get the other jewel plants as a harvest reward. after harvesting tons of times (elder and regular) all I get the same triangle jewel one. how can I get another jewel plant (preferably star) to drop from the triangle plant?

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
the awesome pyroma... on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
so my storm pet needs the spell proof opal because it failed so I looked up ways to get it and the only way to get is from a plant in farleys gardening pack. while I was farming the pack I got the triangle jewel one. I looked up on the wiki it said you could get the other jewel plants as a harvest reward. after harvesting tons of times (elder and regular) all I get the same triangle jewel one. how can I get another jewel plant (preferably star) to drop from the triangle plant?
There's a low chance of getting the Star Jewel Blossom from your Triangle one. All you have to do is harvest it at elder and hope for the best.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
Keep at it. The jewel plants do drop themselves and other jewel plant seeds.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It is true that jewel plants will RARELY drop other types of jewel plants. Starting out with a circle, I used that method to slowly acquire each jewel type over a very long period of dedicated gardening. The drop rate is something like 1/28 (one extra jewel blossom for every 28 elder harvests).

Use the double garden rewards on now to increase the number of triangle plants you have - that will, in turn, increase your chances of getting a second jewel plant of some kind. Even if you only get squares or circles, plant those. The more you have planted, the better your chances of eventually getting a star jewel blossom.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
There is no trick as to what you get when the plant turns elder. It is random as to what drops. You will always get your triangle back with a slight chance that it might also drop another jewel for you. But that jewel can be anything from another triangle to any other type of jewel.

I can tell you this for a fact. I have well over 120 jewel plants that I garden now on several wizards and as of yet I haven't gotten an additional jewel from them.

Your only other option would be to get more packs and hope for the best.

Good luck and be safe.