Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Time to add shadow spells for regular use?.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
Only for shadow hits and "not" for shadow enhanced hits.

<Special gear currently already has these spells>

(0 pip) shadow blade (use with shadow creatures)

(0 pip) shadow shield -60%

<Proposed>

(1 pip) mass shadow shield -45% (remember bosses usually have 20%+ pierce)
(1 pip) shadow dispel (dispels but gives enemy a 4..6 round shadow dispel block)

(2 pip) shadow pip (self) (bosses already have this option)

<Non shadow related spells>

(0 pip) absorb 1000 (self). (once per wizard per fight).

(3 pip) mass absorb 1000. (once per wizard per fight).

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
Now that were facing bosses with regular, enhanced shadow and shadow spell hits.
I'm asking is it time to adding a few tc shadow cards to the bazaar list.

At least put in shadow shield (-60%).
So that someone with out "special" gear can put up a shadow shield.

Now some one can say tower can work fine but, these bosses have cheats "interrupts"
that allow them to regular hits and also do shadow hits in the same round.

Maybe a TC shadow pip convert.
The bosses can convert two "gold" pips to one shadow pip, why can't we?.
It's frustrating sometimes waiting for a shadow pip, at least this give the user an option
Do I Use two of my "gold" pips now and wait for rest of hit pips or hope i get shadow pip next turn?

A shadow dispel is a nice one (but needs some sort of 4-6 round block on it to reduce user spamming).

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
I would like to see some reform for the existing shadow spells. For example, the transformation shadow spells: Shrike, Seraph, and Sentinel.
In my opinion, Shrike is fine as it currently is; but I think Sentinel could use some reworking.

Starting with Sentinel, I think in incoming damage reduction is too little. If I recall correctly, it's -10% incoming damage. For a shadow pip investment and a spell made to help players become very tanky, I think this is just too little damage reduction. I think the reduction should be bumped upwards to -30% incoming damage. At thirty percent, the sentinel would outclass Fortify and Brace, and justify its cost of a shadow pip.

Additionally, I wish shadow creature spells would be reworked. I believe sometime ago they were quietly reworked to start at maximum power and only require two turns instead of three. I would like to see shadow creatures cost reduced to one shadow pip. I think they are such a fantastic group of spells, which promote creative and dynamic duels, but unfortunately, they are largely underused due to the large cost of 2 shadow pips. The 2 Shadow pip cost is extremely inhibiting for shadow creatures.

I love the shadow and moon schools, and I hope to see them get a little more love from KI so that they can be more practical, and not just fall under the domain of obscure and obsolete magics.