Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I don't like how pvp is set up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2011
the pvp is not base on skill its base on gear an pets i think people should not be allowed to use the pvp gear or rank or pets in battle they should have regular gear no crown items or pets only

at this rate i will never get anywhere the only one who gain anything are those who have or have pvp gear an those with crowns an those with max out pets.

there suppose be on your level but it shows how unfair it really is in pvp

i think anyone has pvp gear or crown items or pets should not be allowed in the pvp there all cheaters in my book i will not pvp until you all fix this garbage.

until then i will lose every-time its not base on skill its base on power an who has it

Explorer
May 03, 2016
PvP doesn't pair you up based on yourlevel. Its your rank that pairs you up

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
tiffanydeathtammer on Aug 28, 2017 wrote:
the pvp is not base on skill its base on gear an pets i think people should not be allowed to use the pvp gear or rank or pets in battle they should have regular gear no crown items or pets only

at this rate i will never get anywhere the only one who gain anything are those who have or have pvp gear an those with crowns an those with max out pets.

i think anyone has pvp gear or crown items or pets should not be allowed in the pvp there all cheaters in my book i will not pvp until you all fix this garbage.

until then i will lose every-time its not base on skill its base on power an who has it
PVP, free or ranked is for those with the gear and skill to use it, yes, despite your contention it DOES take skill from many hours of practice.
If you want to be able to face the challenges, then you must put in the same effort these players do: farm & hatch the perfect pet. Nothing is going to be given to you.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
tiffanydeathtammer on Aug 28, 2017 wrote:

You may be interested in reading this article by Eric Stormbringer. It mentions a few concepts you mentioned in your post that repress players from joining PvP. The article also mentiones how those concepts can be ameliorated.

You did not mention what level you are so I'll give you a few options: Darkmoor gear is considered the best gear in the game for exalted+ players, and it is not crown gear. Perhaps that may be an option for you if you do not want to spend crowns. But even farming for Darkmoor gear is not an option for everyone as not everyone has time to run this lengthy dungeon numerous times. As for other levels, the best gear in the game is also not crown gear, so you are not forced to buy crowns.

I do agree that there are quite a few requirements one must meet to do well in PvP. My biggest problem is getting a great pet. I will mention that I managed to get Warlord on my max Life wizard without a fancy pet—it is definitely possible. A great pet will make matches exceptionally easier, however. A great pet may also help you rank a lot higher. The second hardest thing for me were jewels. Farming for these guys proved to be difficult, especially the pierce jewels. I had no choice but to spend a few crowns on jewel packs to get them, which was not a bad option at all. I managed to get all the jewels I needed from as little as 7-10 packs. Getting good gear was the least hardest thing to do. I do not carry Darkmoor gear, however, for I no longer deem it useful in PvP for my Life wizard. I carry what some like to refer as trashy gear, but I managed to get Warlord so I'm all good.

Lowering or ameliorating the requirements and expectations to do well in PvP will most certainly attract new players into the arena. Perhaps KingsIsle will help achieve this. I do not see this happening, however.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2011
i was level 24 life student never been to pvp the other was level 16 but there rank in pvp was knight

they had hat an boots of pvp knight an there robes were crown items

there pet was a mega

my was just adult an i dont have crowns or high rank in pvp an looks like i never will on the count of my setup