Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Do I Gift a Bundle?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I tried to gift a bundle.
It would not let me type their entire character name in "To" or my entire character name in "From."

When I continued anyway, it went to a screen where it wanted me to put in a card and it had my account name on it.

I already have this bundle. I want to make sure it goes to the recipient and not to me.

It also said "Gift certificate," then pick one of 4 bundles. And the bundles were not on sale. The price isn't that important but I just wonder if this is all how it is supposed to be.

I didn't want to proceed past that point because I don't want to buy a bundle for myself -- it's supposed to be a gift.

It just seems to be set up in a fairly wonky way. KI please explain "like I'm 5" how to gift a bundle to someone in the game. I don't have their email address. Thanks.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
SparkleTude on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:
I tried to gift a bundle.
It would not let me type their entire character name in "To" or my entire character name in "From."

When I continued anyway, it went to a screen where it wanted me to put in a card and it had my account name on it.

I already have this bundle. I want to make sure it goes to the recipient and not to me.

It also said "Gift certificate," then pick one of 4 bundles. And the bundles were not on sale. The price isn't that important but I just wonder if this is all how it is supposed to be.

I didn't want to proceed past that point because I don't want to buy a bundle for myself -- it's supposed to be a gift.

It just seems to be set up in a fairly wonky way. KI please explain "like I'm 5" how to gift a bundle to someone in the game. I don't have their email address. Thanks.
When you're doing the gift certificates online, the "To" and "From" stuff doesn't matter. When you make the purchase of the bundle, you are given a code. That code is for the bundle, and you then have to give it to the person who you're trying to give the bundle to so they can redeem it on their account.

Unfortunately, these sales don't apply to gift certificates, which is why you have to pay full price.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
I tried to gift a bundle and got as far as the final checkout and never saw a code that I am suppose to give to the person could someone give me step by step how to gift a bundle so I cam see what I am doing wrong please?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Norsegods on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
I tried to gift a bundle and got as far as the final checkout and never saw a code that I am suppose to give to the person could someone give me step by step how to gift a bundle so I cam see what I am doing wrong please?
This is why I am afraid to gift a bundle or anything else through the website.
It just seems clunky and I do not understand how it works.
I wish we could reach the website from the game, and pick from our friend list, like in the crown shop.