Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-25-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi everyone! It's Friday, it's time for Feedback, so let's get to it, shall we?

On KI Live yesterday, @JellyQuin asked us a fantastic question - what is the funniest weapon in the game? I would like to pose this one to everyone else as well. My follow up would be - if you could create a new "funny" weapon, what would it be?

If you want to know my answer, you'll have to check out the replay of KI Live when it's posted. ::grin:: To be quite honest, I know you can all do better than my on-the-spot answer, so I can't wait to read your suggestions below!

Have a fantastical Friday and wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Dec 26, 2016
A wand and hat that has a bunny inside, and its casting animation has us tap the top of the hat with the wand and then pull out the rabbit.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 41
Mindy Rainflower 4

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
My list on funny weapons would be as follows.

1. A yoyo.
2. A feather duster.
3. A twisted up towel.
4. A blanket (think of it as what the peanuts character Linus carried around all the time)

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Professor Falmea on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:

On KI Live yesterday, @JellyQuin asked us a fantastic question - what is the funniest weapon in the game? I would like to pose this one to everyone else as well. My follow up would be - if you could create a new "funny" weapon, what would it be?

If you want to know my answer, you'll have to check out the replay of KI Live when it's posted. ::grin:: To be quite honest, I know you can all do better than my on-the-spot answer, so I can't wait to read your suggestions below!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
I don't know if this counts as funny, but I think it would be really cool if we had a weapon that's invisible but makes our hands glow a certain color depending on our school. It's pretty much the same as how it looks when you cast a spell without having a weapon equipped, but your hands would glow and maybe you would do something else.

For example, maybe you could do some wave if you want to cast a blade or trap, and if you're doing a spell that does damage, your character could throw a fist in the air. It would show that our character has a higher level of mastery over a school of magic since we can manipulate it without the use of a wand.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Smacking people with a fish, as mentioned in the livestream, is actually a pretty funny idea already. Someone above mentioned a twisted up towel? Aww, locker room antics.

I'm thinking maybe a toy gun that looks menacing but then shoots out the old cliche "BANG!" message on a little flag with confetti flying everywhere, or a flower on our lapel that shoots out seltzer water? Hardly original, I know, pardon.

If I may go off topic, regarding an idea that the special guest author brought up- the ability to control your minions. I wholeheartedly support that. I think that'd bring a whole new depth to gameplay, especially with Monstrology.

It's quite funny really, when facing Ptolemos last night I had little choice but to buy a level 60 Life henchman. My boyfriend came over and he asked me the usual questions a non-gamer might ask, like "Which one are you?" "Who is that?" "Is that another player?" etc.

I explained to him, and after he heard me complain about it using a Dryad when my health was already full he asked me "You can't tell it what to do?" and I was like "Funny you should ask that..."

Survivor
May 21, 2016
Survivor
Apr 12, 2015
I would love to have rainbow or lightening lasso to throw around the enemy and disable them for one round.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2015
a lasso that becomes a tornado and spins the enemy around and stuns him one round. I think a lasso charm to disable would be great.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
PERFECT WAND TO ME WOULD BE FUNNIER THAN HECK IS A SNAKE WAND LIKE THE PET SNAKES BUT STRAIGHT AND IT TALKS TO YOU!

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
How about a sonic screwdriver ;) that makes funny sounds when cast.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
I don't believe I've seen a rubber chicken wand, or a flower that sprays water on the enemy, or a hat that gives you clown hair and a red rubber nose, or a wand that turns into a flower when you cast a spell. Also a large tuna fish wand that smacks the bad guy on the head, or even a red herring wand.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
I'd probably make a whoopee cushion, that you throw up into the air and smack with both your hands. LOL

Savannah RainbowWeaver 86

Survivor
Sep 09, 2011
A fidget spinner
That is the only thing I can think of xD

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
A kazoo. Just a kazoo. You play an off-key fanfare when a spell is cast.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
how about the puppy monkey baby spell. the puppy sets a fire hydrent that sprays milk and bananas

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:

A Spoon.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2016
Probably a water bottle wand you would flip it and the spell would cast

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
A weapon where what lools like the Handle is actually the blade and what looks like the blade is the handle

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Action figure wands!!!

THEY COULD BE OF:
1. Merle Eyebrows (me and my friend call him Merle Eyebrows XDDDD)
2. Malistare (And Undying as well)
3. Morganthe
4. All the school teachers
5. Could also do the Arcanum scholars.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2010
I accidentally put this response on the pirate page, but here it is again. My silly idea.

A Slinky. It would be held in both hands. When idle you move it up and down between your hands. When you attack with it you toss it from your right hand (while keeping hold of one end) and it slaps the enemy then recoils back to your hand.
Possibly a balance wand since it would be balanced between your hands?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
A shoe. But not just any shoe - I want a stiletto heel that I can raise up and use like a dagger. Also, a briefcase, so I can slap them in the face with it. (Okay, clearly I have issues with 'professional' accessories....)

Agreed to all the suggestions that we fight with fishes. That would be fun!

And ... one day while doing a daily assignment, I was awarded a 'roasted drumstick' housing item that looks like a cooked turkey leg. It would make a hilarious wand during Thanksgiving...

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Aug 02, 2017
towel thats a whip like the eel whip but instead of an eel, well a towel

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
A couple of ideas:

1) A water balloon - you throw it at creature and it pops open splashing them with lots of water damage

2) A rubber ball - you throw it at them, it hits them causing damage then bounces back to your hand

3) A kitchen sink. That way you can claim to have thrown everything including the kitchen sink at the monsters.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
What would be awesome, is if you could have a sign as a weapon/wand. I'd think it be funny to see your wizard whack enemies with a sign. You could also customize the sign to say a bunch of funny phrases, like the housing signs.