Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death needs help

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 24, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
Honestly, thank you. You're the only other sane person in this thread recently.

DEATH IS FINE WHERE IT IS AT.

Whats your death name. Do you even pvp?

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
wakaflame201 on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
Skeletal Dragon doesnt even reach 1000 damage with an epic enchant but they got spells like ashen bones thats a tc that is 250+1000 dot? 8 pip spell that takes major preparation thats removed or turned back on us? At least you guys have a decent spam hit that can be used as a counter. But i have to admit during 60-70 it was op before it could be removed.

Lord of night you must be joking if you think its for pvp. No death would even use it over wraith. 5 pips the damage doesnt even go pass 700 and the infect trap is 25% and dont work on heal over time. WOW that soo good for pvp!

Empower and other self damage spells take off weakness but whats does it do for other schools? Take off weakness and they can keep blades? Seems like a luxury to me plus less situational and risky. Also when you said a little bit of damage to put on a 90%? Death needs mass damage and pierce to even do decent damage and you think having 100+ damage and 40% pierce is going to result in a little bit of damage? Efreet at least hits mass and puts on a weakness killing like 2 birds with one stone.Also did you just say death has high resist to its own school?Knowing our situation death shouldve at least got extra death resist add to stats to compensate for the self damage but guess what they didnt. At least Life got extra heal boost in their gear.

The fact you think i played this game since 2009 and think i dont have at least every school to max is funny to me. Funny how you jumped to assume to try to prove an weak argument against death.

Myth has so many more options than death overall and the only thing they dont have is any official heal so how are they the worst again?

Funny how a person only been playing since 2012 is telling me to get experience on death? I had enough to get to warlord every age. Which with my experience with my other schools it was literally an easier rank up. The only school i would say i had second most problems ranking was storm.

Sean Skullwalker ask about me
oooooo I played since 2012, so that makes me have no knowledge about your school? I forgot to also mention I had a max balance as well.

You need to learn your school. Simple. Your requests are not going to be changed. There are MANY more problems with this other than buffing your whole school which is already perfectly fine where it's' at.

End of discussion. Death is good. period. You clearly don't have other characters in differen schools if you are complaining about one single school that does NOT need a a buff. You need to focus on complaining abaout other schools that needs assistance other than the top 3rd school who has an advantage that nobody else has.

I find it funny how you result into me "Playing in 2012" like it's an insult. No darling, It seems that I know your school better than you do and I am not even a death.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
wakaflame201 on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
Whats your death name. Do you even pvp?
You are asking him if he pvps just because he likes the death school? Give me a break. You put downw every school, put a high level, and then assume you're a pro. I would think that you would complain about Wings of Fate, Snowball barrage, or the myth school, but DEATH?! Make yourself a new wizard if you don't like your only death character

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I have a level 111 Death wizard and I truly believe it's one of the best schools in the game because it has good survival rating while going solo thanks to their spells healing them after doing damage to a creature. No other school spells can do that except "Wings of Fate" which is pretty much useless in a team of wizards who likes using feints. I rarely hear a Death wizard asking for help in a battle and there's plenty of them in the game. However I feel scarecrow spell card can use a 100 damage buff making it from 400-500 since it's the only AOE spell they have. I do agree "Avenging Fossil" stinks for being AOE. That spell is more of one creature hit with a twist. I also agree "winged Sorrow" can use a little buff in damage and increase the next spell hit from -30 - -50. If it can't be both, I rather see a -50. Plus I'd like to add; Make "Monster Mash" a craftable spell. I think it will be cool for Death to have a humorous spell doing damage/ heal with Beguile for 2 rounds

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Pouffy23 on Aug 30, 2017 wrote:
You are asking him if he pvps just because he likes the death school? Give me a break. You put downw every school, put a high level, and then assume you're a pro. I would think that you would complain about Wings of Fate, Snowball barrage, or the myth school, but DEATH?! Make yourself a new wizard if you don't like your only death character
Again how can you claim a school dont need help when you never played as it? Look at my other comment you addressed something I already adresssed? Which I clear said wings of fate needed a buff but you're complaining about 1 spell when death has bigger problem which is funny to me, please do death pvp at max and let's see if you come back with that same energy. How am I putting down schools by stating what others can do over death. Yes death is a good questing school but what about pvp? Most players end game when story is done is pvp. This post is about helping death but I don't see how you a person who doesn't have a death say they don't need help. At least i more understanding about Wing of fate and Sacred charge but this post is about how death fairs. It's sad dude .. Just sad. Also read eric stormbringer wizard10l duelist101 post on tiers in this meta in pvp.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
I say leave death alone (this coming from a level 120 death wizard). Death is one of the top schools, I have no problem in pvp or pve, its all about strategy and how you use your spells. Death shouldn't be messed with, its perfect the way it is, you just have to choose the use of your spells wisely.

Morgan Darkrider 120

Survivor
Jul 01, 2017
Im a fairly new wizard101 player, However death is my type of combat. I like attacks that drain health personally.

However, i do think its is underrated. I mean, There is no death school! The big baddie was the death teacher!
i really wish this element got more love. I, Myself, think your class depends on your fighting style.

-Anna Dragondreamer

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
wakaflame201 on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Again how can you claim a school dont need help when you never played as it? Look at my other comment you addressed something I already adresssed? Which I clear said wings of fate needed a buff but you're complaining about 1 spell when death has bigger problem which is funny to me, please do death pvp at max and let's see if you come back with that same energy. How am I putting down schools by stating what others can do over death. Yes death is a good questing school but what about pvp? Most players end game when story is done is pvp. This post is about helping death but I don't see how you a person who doesn't have a death say they don't need help. At least i more understanding about Wing of fate and Sacred charge but this post is about how death fairs. It's sad dude .. Just sad. Also read eric stormbringer wizard10l duelist101 post on tiers in this meta in pvp.
If you are ONLY talking about Pvp, then yes, I agree that some of your spells do need somme additions, but you are not the only school who needs repairs. I can agree that death has a tight spot with pvp, but it's not impossible. ESPECIALLY in quick matches. Also if you are with other death wizards, you are almost unstoppable considering one can use your "Give and take" spells like Bad Juju and such.

If you are talking about the school in general, I like how it is now.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
This is almost laughable.
It would appear that maybe it's not the school. But the players or the experience of the player.
It is so sad that someone want to force their opinions of schools on others as the need for improvements for schools.
Wizards that want want want but are not willing to work work work for it. Sometimes it is total experience of how to play the game. It's not just the school. It's the pet and what you are expecting out of it. Example a healing pet will get you a heal but power or shield it won't. Death is a great school as in allot of cases wizards want to one shot every fight. Just like in allot of times people will blade storm wizards or guy wizards just to find that they are weaker or not as good of a player.
Total misconception maybe you should try working on a school that you feel is more fair. It is your choice.
After all each school has it's own weakness. Remember all winners lose and not all are winners. Sorry if you don't get a trophy just of logging on.

Bye Peeps

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
I have a death wizard and I absolutely love him. He's lvl 92 and his damage is well over 150 percent as well as over 300 critical rating. Sir with you I feel like you wasted your time typing that long message about how death gets the short end of the stick because I have and can take off well over 200,000 hp to bosses. Yes it does take a while. But here is what I always tell people. Death can take off just as much as storm. The only difference is Storm can do it a little quicker but Death gets health back in my opinion death is right up there with storm

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
My girlfriend and I have death wizards we have played and are completing mirage and we have had no problems with anybody. The octopus is very powerful and generally heals better than anything else. We are level 120 and all of our other wizards have to hire a healer. Except we run life with our storm to get them healed. But fire and ice we run together and they do quite well also. My balance runs with her ice. wizard and they have no problems either. I would say our death wizards are the most powerful. Yet storm can take a target out better. But death generally leaves a boss fight pretty healed.
Kaitlyn Frostbringer.

opleting mirage

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Arguments like these for level 100+ pvp are so like "been there, heard that" type arguments, Its the shadow spells that break up the schools at higher level. Everyone trys to use their utility spells with towers into a shadow hit EVERY MATCH. The strategy simply never changes. Shield spam a little bit, use your 4 or 5 pip utility spell to try and open your opponent up, or go for a big 8 pip combo, then use your shadow hit. EVERY school does this. It's not the schools the its just the lack of variety in strategies, not death or myth being terrible. Death and myth are some of the most powerful schools below level 70 pvp.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
Just a question; If you've gotten warlord every season with death why does its spells need to be buffed?

Personally I do agree that death should have a damage bubble but if so, they should add one to life too. Death is overall fine where it is even if it needs a damage bubble. The real school that needs help is ice. (actually ice is pretty good but their new shadow pip spell is basically tempest with a shadow pip)

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
What you guys fail to realize is an experienced death struggles in pvp more than accurate than anyother school because of the lack in resources which i can see why them not have their tools like sac, empower or even dark pact at their full disposal or potential use maybe a problem.If you pvp or even watch pvp you would know what he's saying makes a lot of sense. Unless they're wasting numerous hours in jade just juju spamming. Yes death is good in pve but what about pvp? Reading the comments i can see that the people who are responding either arent max, dont pvp period or just doesnt have an death. As i see it death is an contradiction to itself in pvp. If you talk to any max level death in pvp they would actually agree. I will leave a link to another discussion about "Max" death struggle in "pvp" not "pve".

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?481224-Death-struggles-at-max-pvp&s=db981b63625e117d6fb179b1449d68a1

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
Joshua Leaf on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
Just a question; If you've gotten warlord every season with death why does its spells need to be buffed?

Personally I do agree that death should have a damage bubble but if so, they should add one to life too. Death is overall fine where it is even if it needs a damage bubble. The real school that needs help is ice. (actually ice is pretty good but their new shadow pip spell is basically tempest with a shadow pip)
Did you say ice is the real school that needs help? Ice is literally the best school in pvp this meta.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
I can see why waka may seem like he's forcing his beliefs onto others, but I believe it's purely out of frustration. As someone who's main is a max Death, whilst I completely agree with everyone else who's said that Death is in the top 3 best schools, I believe we're specifically talking about PvE/questing in that context though. I've talked to a lot of people who mainly plays and does PvP on their max Death in-game, on the message boards and on the Central forums, and can assure you that the majority of them have said that Death is the weakest, if not, has been on the weaker side in a 1v1 arena for quite some time now. Death does well in a group, but a lonely Necromancer stands little to no chance in general, especially against a Balance, Fire or Ice. I guess Death is somewhat decent up until probably level 60. Once you get to the Darkmoor stage, you can really tell how unbalanced everything is. While I don't want to seem like I'm being biased in this argument because I do have other max schools too ( and ), I believe that Death needs a little tweak but not to the point where it completely wrecks and overshadows other schools. If this were to happen, which would be a miracle, I think it would greatly reduce the amount of Juju spammers. I don't blame them for doing so in all honesty, but we can all agree that fighting against Juju Jades is in no way fun at all. I'll be doing PvP on my Storm in the near future, so having Death rise to the very top is not what I want. Ideally, I want to see every school balanced in the arena while retaining the qualities they specialize in, which is why I want to see Death have a chance to be on par with the others (specifically talking about their spells, not their damage, health, or anything else since those things can stay the way they are). And yes, Death is not the only school I have in mind that needs improvement PvP-wise.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Pouffy23 on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
If you are ONLY talking about Pvp, then yes, I agree that some of your spells do need somme additions, but you are not the only school who needs repairs. I can agree that death has a tight spot with pvp, but it's not impossible. ESPECIALLY in quick matches. Also if you are with other death wizards, you are almost unstoppable considering one can use your "Give and take" spells like Bad Juju and such.

If you are talking about the school in general, I like how it is now.
I respect what you're saying but you cant beginning to know the struggles death face in pvp. I never said death was the only school that needed a buff/help and i never asked for any schools to get nerfed. Also quick matches arent exactly the best type of match for death. How do "give and take" make us unstoppable when we can even fully utilize it which death is highly blade reliant in pvp. Again deaths on accurate have 100 damage or over with 30-40 pierce. So how is juju that useful when it hurting you more than its helping and its useless if you're second or if you have blades? Drains dont even get full enchant or heal back. Yes pve is great and i see that's why you may think pvp comes as easy but its a mess that needs to be fixed.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Again my friend idk why you fall into the play style you are speaking of. I would appear with you talking about death needing allot of blades that maybe you should one work on gear or two work on the way you play. I appears that you are waiting to one-shot the fight.
Maybe you should focus on a different strategy.

Bye peeps

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Oh red ghost is the way to go for your bubble. It is 3 pips because you also get a hit with it. How fair would it be for that spell to be a 2 pip spells.
Really think about it. the spell is already there. Sometime things games/life takes allot of hard work and somethings are not gonna be even or excuse me for saying this but fair.

I would probably just delete it or figure out a way to enjoy and except.

Bye peeps

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I don't do PvP. Mainly because I spend my time questing. I've been back in the game since August of last year and am trying to max out my Life Wizard before I start another wizard with a different school.

If anything, I would say Death doesn't need any help because they have the best of both worlds. They can Heal AND do damage wth the same spell. Whereas, it takes me two spells at double the pip cost to do the same thing.

Just my two cents

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Area51Alien on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
I don't do PvP. Mainly because I spend my time questing. I've been back in the game since August of last year and am trying to max out my Life Wizard before I start another wizard with a different school.

If anything, I would say Death doesn't need any help because they have the best of both worlds. They can Heal AND do damage wth the same spell. Whereas, it takes me two spells at double the pip cost to do the same thing.

Just my two cents

Steven Ghoststalker
Again you're someone who has pve confused with pvp. Playing a death in pvp would surely change ya mind. Drains arent are effective in pvp and death lack coordination. Death is dependent on blade which they can't use their own self damage spells because damage and pierce is still required. Death in pvp contradicts itself. So how again is this the best of both worlds?

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
MADISON461J on Sep 6, 2017 wrote:
Oh red ghost is the way to go for your bubble. It is 3 pips because you also get a hit with it. How fair would it be for that spell to be a 2 pip spells.
Really think about it. the spell is already there. Sometime things games/life takes allot of hard work and somethings are not gonna be even or excuse me for saying this but fair.

I would probably just delete it or figure out a way to enjoy and except.

Bye peeps
So by your own logic Rat magician and illusionist is fair? Which they do the same thing as red ghost and 2 pips?And treasure are less rare? Red ghost can't even be farmed or found in bazaar. Yes death has a pet but its only limit to 3 which atleast they get a pet and can pull them from side deck. Not to mention myth already has a main hit bubble? Also by your own logic Fire beetle is fair compared to life and death scarab?

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Of course your mind is made up.

Some schools give multi hits at lower levels some don't. Is it fair?
Some gear is better than others. Is it fair?
Some players are better than others. Is it fair?
Some times the card you want comes up sometimes it doesn't. Is it fair?

You can answer the above questions.

One can only get and learn to their potential.

You say the other schools have this and that by reason it's not fair.
Then Why don't you choose one of those schools you want to be like or complain about. Again if you look at each school it is different. Different. Really? That means not the same, right?

Everything in life is not equal or even. So why should it be here. If it was there would only be one school with one spell for all levels. Funny it sounds like life.

Think about it.

Bye Peeps

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
MADISON461J on Sep 9, 2017 wrote:
Of course your mind is made up.

Some schools give multi hits at lower levels some don't. Is it fair?
Some gear is better than others. Is it fair?
Some players are better than others. Is it fair?
Some times the card you want comes up sometimes it doesn't. Is it fair?

You can answer the above questions.

One can only get and learn to their potential.

You say the other schools have this and that by reason it's not fair.
Then Why don't you choose one of those schools you want to be like or complain about. Again if you look at each school it is different. Different. Really? That means not the same, right?

Everything in life is not equal or even. So why should it be here. If it was there would only be one school with one spell for all levels. Funny it sounds like life.

Think about it.

Bye Peeps
This isnt like life and in other words all customers dont deserve to be serviced the equally?So thats what you're implying?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
There is a reason max level deaths in 1 v 1 pvp have to resort to a jade juju strategy! Death surely needs more viable spells to be relevant at max level ranked 1 v 1 pvp, anyone disagreeing with this, go try it out for yourself!