Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death needs help

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 24, 2009
I been playing wiz for a long time and for years death has always got the short end of almost every update. Btw thanks for making drains reduce backlash it was a big help but its way bigger than that. Death is a school that is hugely dependent on blades but at the same time has no real utility they can use for themselves. Utility such as self-damage spells are better used for other schools but its a death spell why not make it better used by death? It should be a way to use these spells while keeping blades. Death also deserves an official damage bubble. I know a lot of people is going to say red ghost but i said official and red ghost is 3 pips and it takes out blades yet again while other schools would instantly change it with 2 with out even having to attacking first. Myth even have like an official bubble and the rat tc that hits 2 pips then changes bubble. Why is it 2 pips while red ghost is 3 again? Another issue i have is that Skeletal dragon is too weak even with the epic enchant. Rampage is stronger and its 5 pips and myth has king art that does way more with an additional effect to take off the following shield. Fire also has a tc called ashen bones that deals 222+1000 which is stronger than the original death spell epic enchant? Plus they have the spells to combo it better such as bubbles, fire beetles, brim and etc. Firebeetle is 2 pips and give three 35% traps + stackable if you have the right tc cards. Death scarab is 2 pips and give one 30% trap. Death has to be one of the most uncoordinated schools + worst base damage. Its so bad Ice which is an offensive school has more high, resist, own utility + ours. Let me explain... Ice has more damage in their spells for example how is abominable weaver stronger than sorrow with less pips and it gives a 75% which death is stuck with the 30%? Also ice has 40% damage bubble and i think also has a 45% tc bubble. Lets not forget ice bats and ice bird. Which brings me to balance school. Balance even has a bubble without any set shields? Which i know people are going to say use towers but what about if they shrike? 50% pierce plus there own base pierce. Not only that they get every shield in 3s for 0 pips for free? Yes its 50% but its exclusion to them and then they can train other schools shields to add on. Im not saying nerf these schools but im saying at least make it fair for death to compete or show us you care about death school also because it kinda feels like its being neglected. Spells i recommend for change is Winged sorrow, Avenging fossil, Skeletal dragon, Lord of night, empower,Dark pact, bad juju, sacrifice,Maybe animate,King art and if anyone else thinks of more changes please comment and thanks for reading.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
Nah I love the death school... maybe because my first wizard was a death...
But anyway its no fun if all the schools have the same kind of stuff, each school is different making it fun and diverse. Making schools more similar would make it less fun because you wouldn't have a chance to experience the struggles and luxuries of the other schools. Just my thoughts

~Natalie lvl 90
~Natalie lvl 40

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
wakaflame201 on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
I been playing wiz for a long time and for years death has always got the short end of almost every update. Btw thanks for making drains reduce backlash it was a big help but its way bigger than that. Death is a school that is hugely dependent on blades but at the same time has no real utility they can use for themselves. Utility such as self-damage spells are better used for other schools but its a death spell why not make it better used by death? It should be a way to use these spells while keeping blades. Death also deserves an official damage bubble. I know a lot of people is going to say red ghost but i said official and red ghost is 3 pips and it takes out blades yet again while other schools would instantly change it with 2 with out even having to attacking first. Myth even have like an official bubble and the rat tc that hits 2 pips then changes bubble. Why is it 2 pips while red ghost is 3 again? Another issue i have is that Skeletal dragon is too weak even with the epic enchant. Rampage is stronger and its 5 pips and myth has king art that does way more with an additional effect to take off the following shield. Fire also has a tc called ashen bones that deals 222+1000 which is stronger than the original death spell epic enchant? Plus they have the spells to combo it better such as bubbles, fire beetles, brim and etc. Firebeetle is 2 pips and give three 35% traps + stackable if you have the right tc cards. Death scarab is 2 pips and give one 30% trap. Death has to be one of the most uncoordinated schools + worst base damage. Its so bad Ice which is an offensive school has more high, resist, own utility + ours. Let me explain... Ice has more damage in their spells for example how is abominable weaver stronger than sorrow with less pips and it gives a 75% which death is stuck with the 30%? Also ice has 40% damage bubble and i think also has a 45% tc bubble. Lets not forget ice bats and ice bird. Which brings me to balance school. Balance even has a bubble without any set shields? Which i know people are going to say use towers but what about if they shrike? 50% pierce plus there own base pierce. Not only that they get every shield in 3s for 0 pips for free? Yes its 50% but its exclusion to them and then they can train other schools shields to add on. Im not saying nerf these schools but im saying at least make it fair for death to compete or show us you care about death school also because it kinda feels like its being neglected. Spells i recommend for change is Winged sorrow, Avenging fossil, Skeletal dragon, Lord of night, empower,Dark pact, bad juju, sacrifice,Maybe animate,King art and if anyone else thinks of more changes please comment and thanks for reading.
I'd like to argue that death is actually one of the better schools, especially to solo with. They're the only school that can attack and take health at the same time, whereas it'd take twice the effort to do so with Life or any other school. Myth has no healing spells, which makes them essentially dependent on other schools to help them, especially Life or Balance. Where you say Death is being neglected, I read up on the King Artorious spells to look into it for myself. There is a noticeable difference between Death and the other spells. However, this also gives you a death spear, something it doesn't give to a school like Fire, which is a very offensively-coordinated school.

Death is also an offensive school, whereas Ice is not, which you claimed it was. Ice's difference is that it gets more health, and defenses, whereas Death's thing is you get something as long as you give something, in my mind. It seems like you sort of forget the good things that Death has while pointing out every bad thing about them and weighing it against a good thing for another school. I'd also argue that Myth has been neglected much more than Death ever has or ever will, simply because of the way it is oriented. The game was created to make the schools different, and if you buff one school too much, it makes them look like a Storm that has more health, better heals, and better blades than they do.

KingsIsle is in a hard spot when people want change to schools, because they created them to be one certain way. The problem with bulking Death's attacks is you make it look like Storm, which isn't what it was meant to be. Death's health is infinitely better than storm, their attacks normally aren't too far off when you add blades and such, and their heals are very good compared to Fire's, Storm's, and even Ice's weird Snow Drift. If you're upset by spells like Sacrifice and Dark Pact, you don't necessarily understand the basis Death was founded upon - give and take.

Cheyenne StormHunter

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Wizard Bae on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
Nah I love the death school... maybe because my first wizard was a death...
But anyway its no fun if all the schools have the same kind of stuff, each school is different making it fun and diverse. Making schools more similar would make it less fun because you wouldn't have a chance to experience the struggles and luxuries of the other schools. Just my thoughts

~Natalie lvl 90
~Natalie lvl 40
I'm not saying making all schools the same but rather more balanced. Wait until you get to max level and start pvp you feel what i'm say about death its too uncoordinated.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
DreamGalleon21154 on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
I'd like to argue that death is actually one of the better schools, especially to solo with. They're the only school that can attack and take health at the same time, whereas it'd take twice the effort to do so with Life or any other school. Myth has no healing spells, which makes them essentially dependent on other schools to help them, especially Life or Balance. Where you say Death is being neglected, I read up on the King Artorious spells to look into it for myself. There is a noticeable difference between Death and the other spells. However, this also gives you a death spear, something it doesn't give to a school like Fire, which is a very offensively-coordinated school.

Death is also an offensive school, whereas Ice is not, which you claimed it was. Ice's difference is that it gets more health, and defenses, whereas Death's thing is you get something as long as you give something, in my mind. It seems like you sort of forget the good things that Death has while pointing out every bad thing about them and weighing it against a good thing for another school. I'd also argue that Myth has been neglected much more than Death ever has or ever will, simply because of the way it is oriented. The game was created to make the schools different, and if you buff one school too much, it makes them look like a Storm that has more health, better heals, and better blades than they do.

KingsIsle is in a hard spot when people want change to schools, because they created them to be one certain way. The problem with bulking Death's attacks is you make it look like Storm, which isn't what it was meant to be. Death's health is infinitely better than storm, their attacks normally aren't too far off when you add blades and such, and their heals are very good compared to Fire's, Storm's, and even Ice's weird Snow Drift. If you're upset by spells like Sacrifice and Dark Pact, you don't necessarily understand the basis Death was founded upon - give and take.

Cheyenne StormHunter
I have to disagree with. You have to actually make a death understand it. Just like a lot of people i told to make a death then go into pvp they all struggled because death has really nothing to compete against other schools. How can death be an offensive school when it has weaker spells and than a ice? And not even a damage bubble? Sacrifice and dark pact would be good but how are we suppose to use it which it takes away our blades? Keep in mind ice has 40% 45% bubbles, health and resist over death? Not to mention Lord of winter is stronger than Fossil? Plus takes 3 pips? Weaver is stronger than Sorrow with less pips and 75% shield?Should i go on? Even a simple tc like Artic Zilla is stronger than death king art none enchant and its only 4 pips? Also death isn't the only spell the only school that heal but i can say the only school that can drain. Drains are so weak. Drains dont get full enchant or full health which stinks. Also myth king art gives pierce blade, mass dot and destroyed the following shield. Death got a 725 hit with 30% weakness? Myth king trumps Skeletal and death king. Also how is myth neglected? They have so much utility they can use for themselves and multi spell effects. Damage: Bubbles 2 pips 35% 45% 25% another 25%?Shatter takes all shields for 3 pips? Shift takes all dot? Single stuns/double stuns?Athena?Ninjas which does like 900 base with enchant 5 pips,Witch call hit and you get help?Keep the flame?Double hits spells?How are they neglected again?Plus you gives can use our utility like dark park and empower better than us? Same with storm its true we have more health but storm has so many weapons. I have to blade to even compete with a storm. Storm can easier overpower a death with raw damage and they can take our blades.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
DreamGalleon21154 on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:

Cheyenne StormHunter
Also all King spells get a pierce blade so what you said was false info. And thats including fire school so i dont know where you did the research at.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
I'll have to disagree with you. Death is a fine school if you can play it right. I soloed the entire game with no problem. Death is not a glass cannon nor a tank. Its somewhere in between.
Look at all the wizards you have! If you can't handle death pvp then use one of your others. The last change Kingsisle made to the schools (giving fire more damage than storm), players raged about it. They have much more to worry about instead of having more anger towards them.
Good luck,

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
I'll have to disagree with you. Death is a fine school if you can play it right. I soloed the entire game with no problem. Death is not a glass cannon nor a tank. Its somewhere in between.
Look at all the wizards you have! If you can't handle death pvp then use one of your others. The last change Kingsisle made to the schools (giving fire more damage than storm), players raged about it. They have much more to worry about instead of having more anger towards them.
Good luck,

Its not a matter of handling death pvp its the matter of giving death a fair chance in pvp. Death gets the short end of almost every update. And i also feel that we should have an official damage bubble to compensate for our low base damage. Our drains dont even get full damage or heal our normal hits are without useful effect.Spells that would of also help us in pvp like juju, empower, dark part and sacrifice are rather useless because they take our blades which death needs to compete with any schools base damage even myth and ice. Also we have no counter spells and main spells if we were second can be remove with 0 or turned by on us in 3. At least other schools have options.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2015
I would like to see a death damage bubble become part of the game, but I fail to see how that would change how people play the game. The focus on dark pact and sacrifice being part a hindrance in the PVP aspect of the game is a bit exaggerated in my opinion. Dark pact is a spell I would advise against using unless it is used in group matches. Sacrifice is a fairly useful spell in standard single player combat or player vs NPC combat. The matter of which I think your trying to get at is how you apply the functions of these spells. Saying that they take away the blades that you stock up is true, but whats is preventing you from using a health sapping spell and then healing? If the situation is unfavorable in a battle between the options of healing or attacking with a Wraith or Vampire, then it just goes to show that a different strategy needs to be implemented. I for one don't like PVP. Bias aside Death can do great things in and outside the ring, it just needs a quick witted mind at which to challenge the use of the available spells. Strategy in play is the key to victory as you go throughout the game.

Blaze SilverHammer

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
wakaflame201 on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
Its not a matter of handling death pvp its the matter of giving death a fair chance in pvp. Death gets the short end of almost every update. And i also feel that we should have an official damage bubble to compensate for our low base damage. Our drains dont even get full damage or heal our normal hits are without useful effect.Spells that would of also help us in pvp like juju, empower, dark part and sacrifice are rather useless because they take our blades which death needs to compete with any schools base damage even myth and ice. Also we have no counter spells and main spells if we were second can be remove with 0 or turned by on us in 3. At least other schools have options.
Can you give me an example of how death gets the short end of EVERY update? Myth, if anything, gets the most neglect, and balance gets thrown to the curb with packs that are added to the crown shop. I fail to see how death gets the short end. Maybe I'm just overlooking something.

As for the damage bubble, neither balance nor life get a damage bubble either (unless you count the after affect of gaze, which seems a bit bias if you don't count red ghost). Death has the same damage as ice, balance, and life. Myth has always had more damage than death.

If death pvp matters to you that much, look up strategies. I've seen plenty of good death pvp-ers.

Best of luck,

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 23, 2017 wrote:
Can you give me an example of how death gets the short end of EVERY update? Myth, if anything, gets the most neglect, and balance gets thrown to the curb with packs that are added to the crown shop. I fail to see how death gets the short end. Maybe I'm just overlooking something.

As for the damage bubble, neither balance nor life get a damage bubble either (unless you count the after affect of gaze, which seems a bit bias if you don't count red ghost). Death has the same damage as ice, balance, and life. Myth has always had more damage than death.

If death pvp matters to you that much, look up strategies. I've seen plenty of good death pvp-ers.

Best of luck,
Ok i will give you example. And how myth gets neglected when they just got a spell? Myth has diversity and options. Stuns, Minions, Dot, 2 pip Damage bubbles, 45% dmg, 2 pip 25% attack then dmg bubble, attack then trap spells(Keeper), Shatter, earth,Hit stun dot(Basilisk),Dot redirection(Shift), Attack than Minion(Witch call), Attack then shield(Athena), attack then pip steal(Calendar), Double hit (minotaur,Orthrus). Not to mention they can use our self damage spells better than us?Death doesnt have such diversity in its school. Also how am i being bias? And how can you compare Red ghost a card that is only limited 3 pet card and the tcs arent really accessible to Gaze a spell that attacks twice and puts up a bubble plus can use other school's bubbles to buff its damage and no set shields to balance? . Lets also bring up the fact red ghost is 3 pips and takes our blades but yet again myth has 2 rat spells that are 2 pips? Also Ice has more overall damage than death. Lets factor in the damage bubbles 40 and 45. Ice bird and etc. Also how again is Abominable weaver stronger than Sorrow again? With a 75% shields and its less pips?How is Lord of Winter stronger than fossil with a better effect?How are they allowed to have more health, resist, attack and better utility+ again uses our own utility better than us? Death does need help

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
wakaflame201 on Aug 24, 2017 wrote:
Ok i will give you example. And how myth gets neglected when they just got a spell? Myth has diversity and options. Stuns, Minions, Dot, 2 pip Damage bubbles, 45% dmg, 2 pip 25% attack then dmg bubble, attack then trap spells(Keeper), Shatter, earth,Hit stun dot(Basilisk),Dot redirection(Shift), Attack than Minion(Witch call), Attack then shield(Athena), attack then pip steal(Calendar), Double hit (minotaur,Orthrus). Not to mention they can use our self damage spells better than us?Death doesnt have such diversity in its school. Also how am i being bias? And how can you compare Red ghost a card that is only limited 3 pet card and the tcs arent really accessible to Gaze a spell that attacks twice and puts up a bubble plus can use other school's bubbles to buff its damage and no set shields to balance? . Lets also bring up the fact red ghost is 3 pips and takes our blades but yet again myth has 2 rat spells that are 2 pips? Also Ice has more overall damage than death. Lets factor in the damage bubbles 40 and 45. Ice bird and etc. Also how again is Abominable weaver stronger than Sorrow again? With a 75% shields and its less pips?How is Lord of Winter stronger than fossil with a better effect?How are they allowed to have more health, resist, attack and better utility+ again uses our own utility better than us? Death does need help
I will ask again, can you give me an example of the death school's denial? It seems you've just repeated yourself in saying how great other schools are and continued complaining how awful yours is. And the myth spell you're referring to is gobbler. Big deal. Gobbler is 310 damage for 3 pips, I have yet to see a myth wizard actually use it.

Myth has stuns. Yes, and if you want stuns just get some tc.

Myth has minions. Ever heard of animate?

Myth has dot. You have poison.

And what do you mean by " Not to mention they can use our self damage spells better than us? "

Myth has its strengths and weaknesses. Ice has its strengths and weaknesses. Death has its strengths and weaknesses.

Death doesn't need help. The player does.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
XaZeRs on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:
I will ask again, can you give me an example of the death school's denial? It seems you've just repeated yourself in saying how great other schools are and continued complaining how awful yours is. And the myth spell you're referring to is gobbler. Big deal. Gobbler is 310 damage for 3 pips, I have yet to see a myth wizard actually use it.

And what do you mean by " Not to mention they can use our self damage spells better than us? "

Myth has its strengths and weaknesses. Ice has its strengths and weaknesses. Death has its strengths and weaknesses.

Just adding my two cents. I think what OP meant by "using our self damaging spells better than us" is referring to the fact that these types of spells use death damage and they tend to hurt us more than help us.

Just using my own death wizard's and my brother's storm wizard's stats as an example.

My death wizard has a 114% boost, 53% resist, and 29% pierce. If I were to use something like dark pact, my pierce and damage would also apply to myself. If I'm doing my math right, dark pact would do 570 damage. And of course, this isn't counting any possible blades we have on ourselves (or if we crit on ourself, idk if thats possible). As a result, we could end up dying/clutching onto 5 hp.

Now if my brother uses dark pact, it's a different story. He only has ~23% , 38% resist, and 2% pierce. Again, if i do my math right, it's only going to do ~261. And since he's a storm wizard who never had to use death blades, he's safe from any extra damage (unless he's using universal blades).

As for animate, it's an X spell and to get a long lasting minion, you need a pretty decent amount of pips. And when you're a death wizard in pvp, you need all the pips in the world to stand a chance.

The problem with the death school is that we don't have many spells that can be used in a combo. We only have drain spells and low damage spells that need 8 pips.

I do agree with your last point though. Its possible for a bottom tier school like death can still fair well in pvp without having to resort to juju spamming, you just have to learn how.

And as a tip to the OP, our self damage spells are for when we have debuffs on us, not for regular blading.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 41
Mindy Rainflower 4

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:

I disagree with you strongly. Myth has stuns yes there are stun blocks but myth so many options outside of just using minions and stunning.Which death doesnt have as many.

Animate takes all of deaths pips and can literally be killed with 2 or 4 pips? That dont addup. Playing as death your pips are every important. At least myth got a x pip spell a long with the other schools that compliment their specialties and roles.

Death does have poison but its not effective. Poison is super weak in this day and age i only see it do about 300 or less a turn. And thats with death with 100+ damage. Not to mention death doesnt get a official dmg bubble to compensate for the misfortune and lacking base damage? Death doesn't get full enchant or full health on drains.

Love how you're trying to dismissed facts that were said. its like in went in one ear and out the other. Which i think he sums it about right. And yes he's right about other schools being able to use their spells more successfully than the actual school?

Gobbler isnt all that good but what about the Athena?

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Alexandrastormblad... on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:
I disagree with you strongly. Myth has stuns yes there are stun blocks but myth so many options outside of just using minions and stunning.Which death doesnt have as many.

Animate takes all of deaths pips and can literally be killed with 2 or 4 pips? That dont addup. Playing as death your pips are every important. At least myth got a x pip spell a long with the other schools that compliment their specialties and roles.

Death does have poison but its not effective. Poison is super weak in this day and age i only see it do about 300 or less a turn. And thats with death with 100+ damage. Not to mention death doesnt get a official dmg bubble to compensate for the misfortune and lacking base damage? Death doesn't get full enchant or full health on drains.

Love how you're trying to dismissed facts that were said. its like in went in one ear and out the other. Which i think he sums it about right. And yes he's right about other schools being able to use their spells more successfully than the actual school?

Gobbler isnt all that good but what about the Athena?
First off, minions don't even mean much at max pvp (considering you've been playing since 2009 and I would assume you have a max). I'm not even sure why we are arguing about minions. Death also has Malduit if minions matter that much to you.

Secondly, have you even read the rest of this post? You accuse me of dismissing facts that were already said, yet you sit here and rinse and repeat what wakaflame has already said. I have a max death too. I fully understand that death doesn't have an official damage bubble. Neither does balance nor does life. Also, are you referring to yourself that poison only does 300 damage? I've seen from multiple deaths (myself included) do 500+ a turn. In pvp damage hardly matters, its all about your pierce. Along those same lines, dots (such as posion) weren't made to do tons of damage, they were made to completely shatter your opponent's ability to shield the next few rounds.

Lacking base damage? You're kidding right? You think death is soooo weak? Just as it was with the bubbles, death has the same damage as a balance or a life. If anyone should be complaining about damage it is a balance as their blades are universal and shields cannot be easily ripped away with a wand spell. On top of that, a death blade (or life blade, or ice blade) is 40%, Myth and fire blades are 35%, Storm blades are 30%, and a balance blade is 25%.

I didn't dismiss any facts. Quite frankly, I addressed every claim unless I believed he was accurate. You on the other hand, repeat what has already been said over and over again. After Grumpypanda's response I can agree other schools can use certain death spells better than a death. However, they cannot learn it and they must buy tc if they wish to do so.

Athena is good, but it is also a crafted spell. If you don't like poison try out Deer Knight (another crafted spell).

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
First off, minions don't even mean much at max pvp (considering you've been playing since 2009 and I would assume you have a max). I'm not even sure why we are arguing about minions. Death also has Malduit if minions matter that much to you.

Secondly, have you even read the rest of this post? You accuse me of dismissing facts that were already said, yet you sit here and rinse and repeat what wakaflame has already said. I have a max death too. I fully understand that death doesn't have an official damage bubble. Neither does balance nor does life. Also, are you referring to yourself that poison only does 300 damage? I've seen from multiple deaths (myself included) do 500+ a turn. In pvp damage hardly matters, its all about your pierce. Along those same lines, dots (such as posion) weren't made to do tons of damage, they were made to completely shatter your opponent's ability to shield the next few rounds.

Lacking base damage? You're kidding right? You think death is soooo weak? Just as it was with the bubbles, death has the same damage as a balance or a life. If anyone should be complaining about damage it is a balance as their blades are universal and shields cannot be easily ripped away with a wand spell. On top of that, a death blade (or life blade, or ice blade) is 40%, Myth and fire blades are 35%, Storm blades are 30%, and a balance blade is 25%.

I didn't dismiss any facts. Quite frankly, I addressed every claim unless I believed he was accurate. You on the other hand, repeat what has already been said over and over again. After Grumpypanda's response I can agree other schools can use certain death spells better than a death. However, they cannot learn it and they must buy tc if they wish to do so.

Athena is good, but it is also a crafted spell. If you don't like poison try out Deer Knight (another crafted spell).

Did you just say balance had no official bubble? What is Gaze? Also balance can utility any schools damage, blades and bubbles which is used with their own schools damage power. While also getting every dispel, blade and shield for free?So in other words a balance can wand by using other schools blades then go into a hydra,spectral, chimera, or gaze. Also people use minions still in max level pvp which what you just said is completely false. The difference between Malduit and Animate is that "Bingo" Malduit is no pvp which also makes your statement false. 500 hundred a turn in "pve" i guess you mean about poison. Because people in pvp have resist. Other schools do have lower blades (Besides) but they also have the luxury of having damage bubbles( and proper spell coordination) minus life school not having a dmg bubble but is also still a higher tier in pvp than death. Btw it doesnt matter if self damage spells arent trainable to other schools because its still available to other schools and still not a excuse for them being able to use it better than the original school it was intended for.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I would like to say since the release of Darkmoor and all the shadow spells death school has taken a step back in pvp. Now granted death is awesome when it comes to questing and support but when you put a death in a 1v1 match against a more offensive school in pvp they are limited to what they can do. unlike other schools such as fire, storm, myth who do not need to rely on blades in pvp death and ice are the only 2 schools that rely on blades and unlike ice here death has no real good utility spells to help them in a 1v1 match. Now I am not putting other schools down since I have a max level in each school. I think and believe that pvp should be more balanced than what it is here. I used to love doing death pvp in 1st age but not a big fan of it since the darkmoor release. Now I have read the comments here and I believe each school should get a damage bubble of sorts cause balance never got one till they got Gaze and I mean of course death has red ghost but comparing the 2 spells Gaze does way more damage than Red Ghost does.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Also I would like to add its sad that now it has come to the fact if death wants to have a chance in pvp they now have to rely on ward pets or using a jade strat which makes the matches drag out and not as much fun to do anymore. I feel things need to go back to how they were in 1st age where ward pets are non-exsistent, and there are no shadow spells at all.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
You have to be kidding me right? Please tell me that this thread is a joke. Death is by far the top 3 best schools in the game. You get AOE spells that reach to the ceiling and youo get a HEAL BACK! No other school gets that! Yes. Every school can shield, and ice needed the -75% because that is what that school specializes in, is defence. YOU on the other hand need to realize that this is the least of your problems. Try soloing as a life with the forest lord for the rest of eternety because Kingsisle only gave us 1 aoe to work with from level 58+. You have the best school. Don't complain about that when that is the least of your concerns. Yes. Some schools get an extra perk with their spells like the Caterpillar gives us an absoorb, the weaver gives a -75%, ect. Your perk is the healback. I would LOVE to get my health back from my AOE spells.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
wakaflame201 on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
I would also like to add:

1. Your school isn't the only one wiith a bubble that doesn't boost damage

2. Winged Sorrow has a chance to have enemies HELP you for a round! That is a LIFE SAVER! I would LOVE to have that spell than my Wings of fate thatt does a whopping 300 damage aoe to all enemies and a dowgrades pixie to all friends. THAT is what needs a buff.

3. Avenging Fossil attacks one specific plpayer, THEN aoe hitts ALL to give them a dot.... WHY buff this? The life gets a spinysaur that attacks one, and does a dott to one player... We have asked for a buff as well for this, but kingsisle likes to punish us. You get the same ability as the fire school spell gets at level 88. They are also in your shoes. I would love to have Avenging fossiil rather than spinysaur.

4. Skeletal Dragon is mostly for pvp. It works realy well and about every death user I have versed has used that spell. It makes up for its pips, and is a great spell for pvp overall. Not a good spell to quest with.

5. Lord of Night is also for pvp! And is also used a lot! This is also not a questing spell.

6. empower.... Oh.. my gosh. Why? You legit can take off any weakness and give yourself pips in the making! This is an AMAZING spell and honestly is probably the best along with bad juju, dark pact, and sacrifice.

7. Dark paact... Are you kidding me? Dude. You are the only school who can do damage to themselves to help themselves or otherplayers! Like I said. Take off a weakness, boost your resist up, and USE IT! These 4 spells are a prime example of why death IS one of the best and will always be.

8. Bad Juju.... You do a tiny bit of damage to put a -90%!! THIS is a better version of efreet because you can SPAM it while other players hit! Not only that, but I was with a death today and he spammed it on a boss while I hit so the boss couldn't do much (The dragon before you fight grandfather spider.. He spams meteor strike.)

You are asking to buff your whole school! Try nerfing!

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
wakaflame201 on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
like I said.. juju, empower, dark pact, and sacrifice are perfect when you are weakened, and you have high death resist. They are one of the prime examples of why I regret not making a death character!

You aren't the only school with no damage bubble. Life also has one that HELPS the other player that they are versing.

Myth gets treated the worst out of every school. I know for a fact you lied about your characters and their levels because you would not be complaining about death needing an upgrade, but more of other schools. Gett out and experience more to learn that death is in fact the best school right under storm and ice.

"Death gets the short end of almost every update"....

When was the last time that life got an aoe spell? Level 58? We have been waiting for one ever since level 100 has been open to players, and still no decent spell given to us. YOU onn the other hand can do MUCH with your school WITH a heal back WITH decent damage overall. Use your blades and learn the actual stradegy on how to handle death!

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Pouffy23 on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:

2. Winged Sorrow has a chance to have enemies HELP you for a round! That is a LIFE SAVER! I would LOVE to have that spell than my Wings of fate thatt does a whopping 300 damage aoe to all enemies and a dowgrades pixie to all friends. THAT is what needs a buff.

3. Avenging Fossil attacks one specific plpayer, THEN aoe hitts ALL to give them a dot.... WHY buff this? The life gets a spinysaur that attacks one, and does a dott to one player... We have asked for a buff as well for this, but kingsisle likes to punish us. You get the same ability as the fire school spell gets at level 88. They are also in your shoes. I would love to have Avenging fossiil rather than spinysaur.

4. Skeletal Dragon is mostly for pvp. It works realy well and about every death user I have versed has used that spell. It makes up for its pips, and is a great spell for pvp overall. Not a good spell to quest with.

5. Lord of Night is also for pvp! And is also used a lot! This is also not a questing spell.

6. empower.... Oh.. my gosh. Why? You legit can take off any weakness and give yourself pips in the making! This is an AMAZING spell and honestly is probably the best along with bad juju, dark pact, and sacrifice.

7. Dark paact... Are you kidding me? Dude. You are the only school who can do damage to themselves to help themselves or otherplayers! Like I said. Take off a weakness, boost your resist up, and USE IT! These 4 spells are a prime example of why death IS one of the best and will always be.

8. Bad Juju.... You do a tiny bit of damage to put a -90%!! THIS is a better version of efreet because you can SPAM it while other players hit! Not only that, but I was with a death today and he spammed it on a boss while I hit so the boss couldn't do much (The dragon before you fight grandfather spider.. He spams meteor strike.)

2. Winged sorrow had its beguile removed before it hit the live realm. It has a -30% plague now. (Personally I hate beguile, it stretches out battles more than necessary in pve)

3. Avenging Fossil's AOE DOT is there in the situation our enemy is clutching onto 200 health. Besides that, it's a pretty bad "AOE" spell.

I agree, death is amazing in PvE, but in PvP, death wizards have to work harder than an ice wizard to get to the top.

(EDIT): Just wanted to clarify myself a bit more. Death does have to work harder in pvp, but you can still do well without having to resort to becoming a jade juju.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 42
Mindy Rainflower 4

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
like I said.. juju, empower, dark pact, and sacrifice are perfect when you are weakened, and you have high death resist. They are one of the prime examples of why I regret not making a death character!

You aren't the only school with no damage bubble. Life also has one that HELPS the other player that they are versing.

Myth gets treated the worst out of every school. I know for a fact you lied about your characters and their levels because you would not be complaining about death needing an upgrade, but more of other schools. Gett out and experience more to learn that death is in fact the best school right under storm and ice.

When was the last time that life got an aoe spell? Level 58? We have been waiting for one ever since level 100 has been open to players, and still no decent spell given to us. YOU onn the other hand can do MUCH with your school WITH a heal back WITH decent damage overall. Use your blades and learn the actual stradegy on how to handle death!

Honestly, thank you. You're the only other sane person in this thread recently.

DEATH IS FINE WHERE IT IS AT.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009

Kinda obvious have never played death or even had a death by the comments you just wrote. Death is top 3 questing schools to quest with please dont confuse it with being a top 3 pvp school.

Its true no other schools have aoe drains but none of the drain spell even get full enchant or heal.

Its clearly you only think Ice needed a spell thats both stronger less pips than sorrow that gives a 75% tower because its 1 of the only school you have besides life. Weaver is way to overpower in pvp if you don't believe me ask anyone else who actually pvps.

Also its not impossible to solo with forest lord. Its true its 8 pips and i said in other posts Winged fated & Sacred needed a buff but i am talking death as a whole. Thats like me saying who else can aoe heal others in a battle? Also with gear will start off with 3 pips. What i did to solo was blade like twice or 3 times and it got through like all the mobs in mirage. If need health i would just fairy. But you also got a new spell thats 4 pips thats 550 that heals all now in the wysterian pack. Which is a update to rebirth and cancels out the need to unicorn.

I know Death isnt the only school with a bubble but this post is addressing Death issues which i am not trying to take away that life doesnt. But also have to think about it this way. Life can heal at will. Doom isn't as useful to death as Sant is to Life. Let me give a example. You Sant you can heal. Which doom isnt doesnt effect our drains spells or special stats for that matter.

Sorrow is the weaker both single hit spells from darkmoor and Polaris with a 30% weakness? I would of rather them keep the beguile on it.

Fossil is so useless. The hit isnt even powerful but its decent which the dot is complete crap. 3 blades and over 100 damage the dot is only doing 500 or less a turn?

Defender
Jan 24, 2009

Skeletal Dragon doesnt even reach 1000 damage with an epic enchant but they got spells like ashen bones thats a tc that is 250+1000 dot? 8 pip spell that takes major preparation thats removed or turned back on us? At least you guys have a decent spam hit that can be used as a counter. But i have to admit during 60-70 it was op before it could be removed.

Lord of night you must be joking if you think its for pvp. No death would even use it over wraith. 5 pips the damage doesnt even go pass 700 and the infect trap is 25% and dont work on heal over time. WOW that soo good for pvp!

Empower and other self damage spells take off weakness but whats does it do for other schools? Take off weakness and they can keep blades? Seems like a luxury to me plus less situational and risky. Also when you said a little bit of damage to put on a 90%? Death needs mass damage and pierce to even do decent damage and you think having 100+ damage and 40% pierce is going to result in a little bit of damage? Efreet at least hits mass and puts on a weakness killing like 2 birds with one stone.Also did you just say death has high resist to its own school?Knowing our situation death shouldve at least got extra death resist add to stats to compensate for the self damage but guess what they didnt. At least Life got extra heal boost in their gear.

The fact you think i played this game since 2009 and think i dont have at least every school to max is funny to me. Funny how you jumped to assume to try to prove an weak argument against death.

Myth has so many more options than death overall and the only thing they dont have is any official heal so how are they the worst again?

Funny how a person only been playing since 2012 is telling me to get experience on death? I had enough to get to warlord every age. Which with my experience with my other schools it was literally an easier rank up. The only school i would say i had second most problems ranking was storm.

Sean Skullwalker ask about me