Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death needs help

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 08, 2016
MADISON461J on Sep 9, 2017 wrote:
Of course your mind is made up.

Some schools give multi hits at lower levels some don't. Is it fair?
Some gear is better than others. Is it fair?
Some players are better than others. Is it fair?
Some times the card you want comes up sometimes it doesn't. Is it fair?

You can answer the above questions.

One can only get and learn to their potential.

You say the other schools have this and that by reason it's not fair.
Then Why don't you choose one of those schools you want to be like or complain about. Again if you look at each school it is different. Different. Really? That means not the same, right?

Everything in life is not equal or even. So why should it be here. If it was there would only be one school with one spell for all levels. Funny it sounds like life.

Think about it.

Bye Peeps
I do agree with you on life being unfair. But this isn't life. This is a game...meaning we can change things. In fact, they made it fair for Balance a long while ago. When the level cap was only level 50, Balance was one of the low tier schools along with Death. But their school rose to become one of the 'better' schools in PvP the moment they were given Loremaster, becoming even better as the level cap increased along with their spells (e.g. Gaze of Fate).

Death has always been given the same after-effect (Infection) that won't even be useful in max PvP nor PvE (as no one really heals anymore, with the exception of Life at certain situations), except for Winged Sorrow, which was luckily changed from Beguile to a -30 Weakness to all. I reckon the school needs more weakness effects on their spells because that's one of the school's specialties. Death wizards also got trolled when the rumored Headless Horseman spell was to be in one of the Halloween packs. We didn't get a spell. Instead, we got a nice-looking, yet a not-so-useful pet. It would've been great to see the spell be used in the arena, especially with the animation KI put a lot of work into.

People need to acknowledge that Death's play style is more complicated than it looks, and that it needs tweaking overall. I've watched many Wizard101 YouTubers and compared their deck set-up to mine, noticing that PvP-ing on Death, packing multiple spells in your deck is essential. Other schools have the option to only pack shields, blades, Shrikes, stun blocks, auras, hits and maybe a few utility spells too, having their hand a lot more handy when it comes to finding the right cards asap. Death heavily relies on spells we don't have or are hard to farm for (Red Ghost, Death Scarab, Death Minotaur, Myth Banshee, etc.) I really suggest for people to try max Death PvP and maybe they'll see from our point of view and realize that the school needs improvement because everyone else seems to be confusing PvE with PvP.

Survivor
May 14, 2011
wakaflame201 on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
I been playing wiz for a long time and for years death has always got the short end of almost every update. Btw thanks for making drains reduce backlash it was a big help but its way bigger than that. Death is a school that is hugely dependent on blades but at the same time has no real utility they can use for themselves. Utility such as self-damage spells are better used for other schools but its a death spell why not make it better used by death? It should be a way to use these spells while keeping blades. Death also deserves an official damage bubble. I know a lot of people is going to say red ghost but i said official and red ghost is 3 pips and it takes out blades yet again while other schools would instantly change it with 2 with out even having to attacking first. Myth even have like an official bubble and the rat tc that hits 2 pips then changes bubble. Why is it 2 pips while red ghost is 3 again? Another issue i have is that Skeletal dragon is too weak even with the epic enchant. Rampage is stronger and its 5 pips and myth has king art that does way more with an additional effect to take off the following shield. Fire also has a tc called ashen bones that deals 222+1000 which is stronger than the original death spell epic enchant? Plus they have the spells to combo it better such as bubbles, fire beetles, brim and etc. Firebeetle is 2 pips and give three 35% traps + stackable if you have the right tc cards. Death scarab is 2 pips and give one 30% trap. Death has to be one of the most uncoordinated schools + worst base damage. Its so bad Ice which is an offensive school has more high, resist, own utility + ours. Let me explain... Ice has more damage in their spells for example how is abominable weaver stronger than sorrow with less pips and it gives a 75% which death is stuck with the 30%? Also ice has 40% damage bubble and i think also has a 45% tc bubble. Lets not forget ice bats and ice bird. Which brings me to balance school. Balance even has a bubble without any set shields? Which i know people are going to say use towers but what about if they shrike? 50% pierce plus there own base pierce. Not only that they get every shield in 3s for 0 pips for free? Yes its 50% but its exclusion to them and then they can train other schools shields to add on. Im not saying nerf these schools but im saying at least make it fair for death to compete or show us you care about death school also because it kinda feels like its being neglected. Spells i recommend for change is Winged sorrow, Avenging fossil, Skeletal dragon, Lord of night, empower,Dark pact, bad juju, sacrifice,Maybe animate,King art and if anyone else thinks of more changes please comment and thanks for reading.
Hey man, I TOTALLY agree with you about death needing a buff, or some of their spells needing to be re-worked. (All of this is coming from a perspective from PVP) Death is reliant on blades in pvp, at any level, really.( Keep this is mind) You can say death is good for poison and bone dragon, but in this meta people who know what they're doing pretty much always have triage ready to go, or worse, shift. Death has no stun spells, which if they did I would say it could be comparable to the classic rampage into brimstone. Death could use their stun spell, depending on how strong it is, into something for a combo. In this meta lots of people use ward pets that have enfeeble. Earlier I said death is reliant on their blades. What can they do in these types of matches??? Death's only bubble is doom and gloom(Excluding the one from khrysalis), but doom could always backfire. I definitely think they need a damage bubble. They do have the red ghost, but that limits you to that and only that pet, which can be time consuming to find a nice enough person to hatch with you multiple times to get the perfect stats. Even if you do manage to get a perfect red ghost, you have a limited number of the spell and it costs 3 pips, which ice, myth, fire, and storm can change instantly for two pips. The one spell I will say is very good for death is deadly minotaur, but that is a rare treasure card. However, you can transmute them if you have minotaur trained, but for a magus or somebody low leveled, that limits their spells that they can train. This massive disadvantage that death has in the meta right now leads to become a dreaded jade juju. I think this is Kingsisle's fault that it has led to this point. Just look around the meta. Loremaster, rampage, guardian spirit, insane bolt which rarely hits the caster, amboninable weaver, myth and their stuns, should I continue? Imagine a death who is second against someone with an enfeeble pet. The match is pretty much a joke. PLEASE FIX PVP KI!!!