Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the Current Year in the Spiral?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
This question is more directed at the professors/ anyone who has an answer to this.

I know this seems like a really simple question but the more I think about it, the more I want to know what the current year/current date is in the Spiral? Sure someone could say it 2017, but is it? There is no clear answer (unless I am overthinking things and rabbling on for no reason).

Assuming that the year 0 began when the Spiral was created how long has it truly been since then? Do all the worlds of the Spiral use the same calendar or do they measure time differently?

It's said Ravenwood has existed for as long as history has been recorded (supposedly Harold Argleston is writing a book about Ravenwood's history, I guess it's not finished yet), so when/where did history begin recording?

As I said before I could just be overthinking this and have asked a really obvious question. All I know is this question is starting to make my head hurt. Someone please help me keep this headache from getting any worse.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
That is a good question.

What I can tell you is that my Wizard doesn't look any older.

Steven Ghoststalker.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
The Lore Keeper on Aug 17, 2017 wrote:
This question is more directed at the professors/ anyone who has an answer to this.

I know this seems like a really simple question but the more I think about it, the more I want to know what the current year/current date is in the Spiral? Sure someone could say it 2017, but is it? There is no clear answer (unless I am overthinking things and rabbling on for no reason).

Assuming that the year 0 began when the Spiral was created how long has it truly been since then? Do all the worlds of the Spiral use the same calendar or do they measure time differently?

It's said Ravenwood has existed for as long as history has been recorded (supposedly Harold Argleston is writing a book about Ravenwood's history, I guess it's not finished yet), so when/where did history begin recording?

As I said before I could just be overthinking this and have asked a really obvious question. All I know is this question is starting to make my head hurt. Someone please help me keep this headache from getting any worse.
I'm wondering too. I think history would start when the Firstworld was made, and the formation of the Spiral would just be a significant event that occurred in the history since then.

My guess is at least 5000 years. Some events make it seem like the Spiral is REALLY old, like Merle Ambrose has been around forever and Morganthe has lived for over a century.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
BrahmShadow on Aug 17, 2017 wrote:
I'm wondering too. I think history would start when the Firstworld was made, and the formation of the Spiral would just be a significant event that occurred in the history since then.

My guess is at least 5000 years. Some events make it seem like the Spiral is REALLY old, like Merle Ambrose has been around forever and Morganthe has lived for over a century.
I say the creation of the Spiral is the year 0 because like you said the formation of the Spiral is a significant event in history. Seeing as there is very little information about major historical events in the first world, and any events mentioned in game like the Titan Wars, and the Destruction of the First World happened so long ago we can only guess at how long ago it happened much like with ancient history in real life.

I feel the if the creation of the Spiral was the year zero every event following that would be part of the common era (C.E.), and the events of the first world before common era (B.C.E.).

And events in the history of a single world could fall on either side of the line, seeing as the Aztecosaurs were among those who heard the Song of Creation that brought the Spiral into existence, meaning the existed before and after the creation of the Spiral.