Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Few questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
Hello there! I am here to ask some questions about the game. I started playing when Zafaria came out but i quit shortly after Khrysalis second part came out. Last week, i returned to the game and now overwhelmed with everything. Most of my friends quit the game so it is hard to start leveling in Polaris due to that, as i am in no shape capable of soloing most of the dungeons. So here are my questions:
1. What gear i go for? Hades or Darkmoor? I was thinking about Hades as i tried Darkmoor with a group but failed miserably.
2. My current gear is Hangsman set from waterworks, staff from hades and athame and ring from a secret bosses of Aquila. Is this good enough for Darkmoor?
3. What is "standard" gear set up?

And last, but not least, i wanted to ask is there someone who want's to help me with leveling or getting a gear set! Thank you for you attention.
100 Lenora LegendSword

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
LenoraLegendSword on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Hello there! I am here to ask some questions about the game. I started playing when Zafaria came out but i quit shortly after Khrysalis second part came out. Last week, i returned to the game and now overwhelmed with everything. Most of my friends quit the game so it is hard to start leveling in Polaris due to that, as i am in no shape capable of soloing most of the dungeons. So here are my questions:
1. What gear i go for? Hades or Darkmoor? I was thinking about Hades as i tried Darkmoor with a group but failed miserably.
2. My current gear is Hangsman set from waterworks, staff from hades and athame and ring from a secret bosses of Aquila. Is this good enough for Darkmoor?

And last, but not least, i wanted to ask is there someone who want's to help me with leveling or getting a gear set! Thank you for you attention.
100 Lenora LegendSword
Darkmoor gear is better than Hades. If you don't want to do Darkmoor, then you can try out the Exalted gauntlets in the Crown Shop. They each cost 500 crowns to do once, but you can battle monsters in the Spiral for a chance to get the gauntlet as a drop. Also, keep this in mind:
  • Krokopatra Exalted drops the best hat
  • Rattlebones Exalted drops the best robe
  • Meowiarty Exalted drops the best shoes
  • Zeus Exalted drops the best wand (If you're willing to spend crowns, the Terror Hoard Pack offers a good spiritual wand that you can use)

It is my belief that it doesn't matter what type of gear a person has, if you go with people who have a strategy for any type of challenge, then you will succeed.

For level 100, almost everyone uses Malistaire's set, the Yevgeny/Morganthe athame, Morganthe's amulet, the Alpha and Omega ring, and whatever deck that offers a pip.

By the way, currently, there is no crafted gear in the third arc. However, Kingsisle confirmed that they will be adding crafted gear to Polaris and Mirage in the Fall Update! Who knows, maybe it'll be better than the Malistaire/Exalted sets? I've already advised several of my friends to wait until November to check the gear out, so there's always the possibility that you can just choose to wait until then to get better gear too.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Your gear is what people normally have by the time you reach Darkmoor.

I think it's possible to still get through the game with Hades, but I preferred Darkmoor much more. Also, idk which part you failed miserably at, but after part 2 you get call of khrulhlu which is an upgraded scarecrow, which really helps you out in Polaris and Mirage.

Death wizard gear set up at level 110-120 is:

Death Lord's veil of woe
Death Lord's cloak of woe
Dwyorgn's Dire boots or Death Lord's Greaves of woe
Eye of the Soothsayer (110 version), Malistare wand, or Hades wand
Lord of Deaths razor, Aquila blade, or Morganthe's blade
Morganthe's amulet or Shango's deathblade amulet if you don't wanna farm
Alpha and omega ring or the aphrodite ring
And whatever pet you want

And I think there's a forum on wizard101 central for dungeon help as well.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 38+
Mindy Rainflower 2+

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
  1. Darkmoor, definitely.
  2. Yes, this gear is OK for your level.
  3. I would suggest using Shango's Deathblade Amulet for the extra Deathblade Item Card. Also, craft the Frosted Mantis Footgear boots and Raiment of the Cataclysm robe to use instead of the WW gear. Keep the WW hat.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I'm currently in Zafaria and having trouble with the Black Palace. I'd love to help but alas a level 72 isn't going to be much help where you are.

I am noticing that as the story progresses it is becoming more difficult to solo the bosses.

I'd also to have a questing buddy (or two) that are there for mutual Boss support.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Darkmoor gear is much better than Hades. Hades isn't even much improvement from Waterworks all-around. The one-shot gear is an alternative, as other said, but if you can get a team together (find friends?) Darkmoor isn't too hard to get.

Good luck!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
LenoraLegendSword on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:

100 Lenora LegendSword
You don't have to have Darkmoor gear to be successful in the upper worlds. NONE of my wizards have one iota of Darkmoor gear.

My L115 Death has:

Hangman's Hood (waterworks)
Raiment of the Cataclysm robe (crafted Krysalis)
Ancient Purrzian boots (Ghulture's pack)
Fortune Teller's Peerless Eye L100 wand (terror pack)
Mercy of Shadow & Light athame (morganthe drop)
Shadow Queen's Grace amulet (morganthe drop)
Insignia of the Dark Woman ring (morganthe drop)

Pet: Deathdactyl (come with a Death Blade)
Proof (10%), Defy (5%), Critical (30%), Accuracy (6%), Pain Giver (+6% dmg), Death Assailant (+31% critical gem)

This setup gives me 50 resist to all and +32 accuracy. So, Darkmoor is good gear, but you can get buy without it.