Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Magic "Teleport Player" Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2016
Hello, the Castle Magic "Teleport Player" spell has a problem -- it will often teleport the wrong player, or teleport a player to the wrong target.

The "Teleport Player" spell works almost perfectly for me (95% of the time) when I am alone at the castle. But if somebody visits when I am there, I get teleported around to various locations -- even when I am not doing anything at all to move from my current position. And I am not close to any castle magic item which could trigger the teleport.

The "Teleport Player" spell is set to be triggered by Magic Player Detectors, and Magic Room Detectors (all set to "tiny").

The "Teleport Player" spell is supposed to teleport the nearest player. So for example, if a Magic Player Detector is set to cast the Teleport Player spell when a player enters, then I would expect that the spell would only affect the player that the Magic Player Detector detected. However, after a particular player is detected, it seems to randomly choose any player in the area to teleport.

By the way, there are no other magic items in use to trigger the "Teleport Player" spell -- only Magic Player Detectors, and Magic Room Detectors.