Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kingsisle/IMP! Spells that need to be nerfed.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Hello Kingsisle Team,
I've noticed that some schools are overpowered. The life school guardian has changed to 15%, sanctuary changed into 3 pips. There we go:
1. Death school bubble doom and gloom must be changed from 2 pips into 3 pips to be fair with sanctuary, as sanctuary gives more healing percentages and doom and gloom does exactly the same, so why not cast the same pips?

2.Change bad juju from -90 into -70 as this is what happened to life guardian spirits from 25% changed to 15%, and this can be applied to efreet when hitting puts -70.

3.Insane bolt( Storm wizards using a glitch so it doesn't hit them but hits the enemy in raw) I've seen them discussing them in front of me and they're warlords and in attend PVP ranked matches to rank up, which is unfair. The solution is to nerf Insane bolt from 1000 enemy and 10000 self, to 500 enemy and 5000 self since storms are cheating using glitches in the game/and nerf wild bolt to be = hits 5, 50, 500. Since both spell hits can go more than 20,000 to enemy with critical and no one has that much health.

4.Clockwork paladin pet gives 3 clockwork minions, limit it to 2 clockwork minions to be cast, as it's an op minion and op pets must only give 2 minion spells, as we know, jewel gives one minion, no more than that which is a great step kingsisle had done, and I hope it happens to the pets to prevent minion spamming.

5.Supernova from 535 to 435 to be fair with a spell that only cost 2 pips that can remove any star school bubble.

6.Loremaster, the hits can remain the same as 390-470 hopefully. The thing that needs to be nerfed it the -20%weakness to -15%and -35%accuracy to -25% as it only costs 4 pips and does all that hits and other benefits, we need to be fair.

7.Since life wizards has spirit armor and any other school can use it, nerf it into a useful spell that life wizards can use it anywhere else from 400 and maybe it 600 instead, and hungry catterpillar spell hit remains the same and the absord changes to 1000. This is a thing to be fair since Kingsisle always says life to heal and stay alive. As we know, no one use it anywhere in the game. Please make it useful as any school can use it, similar to tower shield.

8. Dryad to be nerfed from 200 into 400 per pip, to make it a useful spell that wizards can reply to it and to make life useful Just add Guidance 10% accuracy spell to dryad animation to be given to the wizard, as wizard casts dryad 400 per pip, in the end of animation dryad gives +10 accuracy for the life wizard to use after the healing.

9. Regenerate spell, after the animation it gives guiding life +30% heal to the wizard for the next heal and also gives 10% guidance. Note: It's not adding anything new at all.summary, just add guidance to dryad to be useful, as life wizards never ever use it in anything actually, why is it given then? and to the regenerate spell add guiding life +30% and guidance 10% as these spells are already given.

Comment below and give your opinion.*
~Thanks

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
shinyteddy on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
Hello Kingsisle Team,
I've noticed that some schools are overpowered. The life school guardian has changed to 15%, sanctuary changed into 3 pips. There we go:
1. Death school bubble doom and gloom must be changed from 2 pips into 3 pips to be fair with sanctuary, as sanctuary gives more healing percentages and doom and gloom does exactly the same, so why not cast the same pips?

2.Change bad juju from -90 into -70 as this is what happened to life guardian spirits from 25% changed to 15%, and this can be applied to efreet when hitting puts -70.

3.Insane bolt( Storm wizards using a glitch so it doesn't hit them but hits the enemy in raw) I've seen them discussing them in front of me and they're warlords and in attend PVP ranked matches to rank up, which is unfair. The solution is to nerf Insane bolt from 1000 enemy and 10000 self, to 500 enemy and 5000 self since storms are cheating using glitches in the game/and nerf wild bolt to be = hits 5, 50, 500. Since both spell hits can go more than 20,000 to enemy with critical and no one has that much health.

4.Clockwork paladin pet gives 3 clockwork minions, limit it to 2 clockwork minions to be cast, as it's an op minion and op pets must only give 2 minion spells, as we know, jewel gives one minion, no more than that which is a great step kingsisle had done, and I hope it happens to the pets to prevent minion spamming.

5.Supernova from 535 to 435 to be fair with a spell that only cost 2 pips that can remove any star school bubble.

6.Loremaster, the hits can remain the same as 390-470 hopefully. The thing that needs to be nerfed it the -20%weakness to -15%and -35%accuracy to -25% as it only costs 4 pips and does all that hits and other benefits, we need to be fair.

7.Since life wizards has spirit armor and any other school can use it, nerf it into a useful spell that life wizards can use it anywhere else from 400 and maybe it 600 instead, and hungry catterpillar spell hit remains the same and the absord changes to 1000. This is a thing to be fair since Kingsisle always says life to heal and stay alive. As we know, no one use it anywhere in the game. Please make it useful as any school can use it, similar to tower shield.

8. Dryad to be nerfed from 200 into 400 per pip, to make it a useful spell that wizards can reply to it and to make life useful Just add Guidance 10% accuracy spell to dryad animation to be given to the wizard, as wizard casts dryad 400 per pip, in the end of animation dryad gives +10 accuracy for the life wizard to use after the healing.

9. Regenerate spell, after the animation it gives guiding life +30% heal to the wizard for the next heal and also gives 10% guidance. Note: It's not adding anything new at all.summary, just add guidance to dryad to be useful, as life wizards never ever use it in anything actually, why is it given then? and to the regenerate spell add guiding life +30% and guidance 10% as these spells are already given.

~Thanks
I see that you're a fan of the Life school too.

1) I think making Doom and Gloom 3 pips might be fair. I don't see a lot of non-Death wizards carrying Death mastery amulets, so if they want to cast Doom, they'll essentially be using 6 pips—that is if they only have power pips—to cast it. A 3 pip Sanctuary does nothing to me. My Life wizard has 100% power pip change with his PVP gear, so I'm still using 4 pips to cast it.

2) Bad Juju is one of the very few useful PvP spells Death has. Therefore, Bad Juju should remain at -90% damage. As for Guardian Spirit, I wish it were +30% and it couldn't critical. That's only +5% more than the +25% Guardian Spirit that can critical. That's just me wishing though. I don't see KingsIsle implementing this idea.

3) I don't see a problem with Insane Bolt. Insane was only a problem at lower level PvP, but I think that was fixed by making Insane TCs no PvP. Neither do I see a problem with Wild Bolt. Some of Storm's attacks revolve on luck; their spells don't always benefit them.

4) I have nothing to say about this.

5) Super Nova does a lot for 2 pips. I always thought this spell should work like Steal Charm and Steal Ward. If there is no charm or ward to steal, nothing happens. If there is no aura, nothing should happen.

6) Compared to Luminous Weaver this spell is very strong. Lord Master deals more damage than weaver, it applies a -20% weakness, and a -35% accuracy rate. Meanwhile, weaver deals less damage and only adds +5% more to the weakness.

7) I would love to see Spirit armor raised to 600. Though I think this might be too op in low PvP.

8) Dryad isn't used that much at higher levels. A Satyr heals me +4000 under Sanctuary. Drayd just over does it and wastes pips.

9) I think adding a +30% to next heal to Regenerate would be nice. Barely anyone uses Guiding Light.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I have a storm wizard, how do I "glitch" insane bolt, exactly?

I am guessing you are a life wizard, some of your suggestions seem biased to me

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Angel of Solitude on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
I see that you're a fan of the Life school too.

1) I think making Doom and Gloom 3 pips might be fair. I don't see a lot of non-Death wizards carrying Death mastery amulets, so if they want to cast Doom, they'll essentially be using 6 pips—that is if they only have power pips—to cast it. A 3 pip Sanctuary does nothing to me. My Life wizard has 100% power pip change with his PVP gear, so I'm still using 4 pips to cast it.

2) Bad Juju is one of the very few useful PvP spells Death has. Therefore, Bad Juju should remain at -90% damage. As for Guardian Spirit, I wish it were +30% and it couldn't critical. That's only +5% more than the +25% Guardian Spirit that can critical. That's just me wishing though. I don't see KingsIsle implementing this idea.

3) I don't see a problem with Insane Bolt. Insane was only a problem at lower level PvP, but I think that was fixed by making Insane TCs no PvP. Neither do I see a problem with Wild Bolt. Some of Storm's attacks revolve on luck; their spells don't always benefit them.

4) I have nothing to say about this.

5) Super Nova does a lot for 2 pips. I always thought this spell should work like Steal Charm and Steal Ward. If there is no charm or ward to steal, nothing happens. If there is no aura, nothing should happen.

6) Compared to Luminous Weaver this spell is very strong. Lord Master deals more damage than weaver, it applies a -20% weakness, and a -35% accuracy rate. Meanwhile, weaver deals less damage and only adds +5% more to the weakness.

7) I would love to see Spirit armor raised to 600. Though I think this might be too op in low PvP.

8) Dryad isn't used that much at higher levels. A Satyr heals me +4000 under Sanctuary. Drayd just over does it and wastes pips.

9) I think adding a +30% to next heal to Regenerate would be nice. Barely anyone uses Guiding Light.
Alright
1)I've talked about soon and gloom since, myth, balance, storm and some ice use death amulets so it'll cast them 1 golden pip and almost everyone has amulets.

2)changing bad juju to -70 would make it fair and would stop the continuous spamming as guardian spirit changed and was nerfed and kingsisle listened to wizards and didn't do anything yet about bad juju spell and I hope just a little nerd, it won't change a lot.

3) I'm with you and had no problem with insane bolt, but.. Insane bolt glitch let's the spell only hits the enemy without hitting themself which is unfair with the damage and critical and piercing. On the other hand, wild bolt hits the wizards up to 8000 which is more than a wizard health which is unfair. Nerfing it would make it fair and storm wouldn't change, but will stop insane bolt cheats (glitch) and make wild bolt hits fair too. Don't forget it just costs 2 pips. 1 golden pip. And with the glitch of this glitch it's casted in a raw and each hit ia around 3000 to 8000.

6)True, this point is well explained.

8) Just thought to make dryad useful as it should be, heals back if you're about to die. as for 2 golden pips, dryad could heal more than Satyr with the boost if made 400 per pip.

Yeah, I'm having all the schools except Ice. Making life useful would be great. It's guardian spirit got nerfed and since I got a life wizard with my balance, storm, death, and myth. Thought to make it equally that all schools be equal according to its spells and to note the over powered spells in my opinion.. everything I stated doesn't make any school spells weak at all, it's just to stop the spamming, and glitches used.

Thanks and I appreciate your comment

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
I have a storm wizard, how do I "glitch" insane bolt, exactly?

I am guessing you are a life wizard, some of your suggestions seem biased to me
I'm not going to explain it so it doesn't be used by all wizards. It's a known glitch and bad one in my opinion and hope at least kingsisle fix it or nerf the insane bolt. Yeah, I got more than a wizard from different schools and I loved to see the life school spells to be as it should be healing, with its healing blades and boosting. Similar to storm and hitting, myth and minions, balance and blading and dispelling etc..

Thanks, appreciate your comment

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
shinyteddy on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
I'm not going to explain it so it doesn't be used by all wizards. It's a known glitch and bad one in my opinion and hope at least kingsisle fix it or nerf the insane bolt. Yeah, I got more than a wizard from different schools and I loved to see the life school spells to be as it should be healing, with its healing blades and boosting. Similar to storm and hitting, myth and minions, balance and blading and dispelling etc..

Thanks, appreciate your comment
I will just say this one thing, at max level PVP on storm, most times going second insane bolt is my only option as storm shields are everywhere and we have no efficient way to remove them such as a DOT.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
Hello Kingsisle Team,

~Thanks
I thought they patched and mass banned the Insane bolt glitch, (this was like in the 2nd age lol). I do think you have the wrong insight on insane bolt.

Also supernova shouldn't be nerfed, it's accuracy is so low that it makes it a risky spell to use.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
I will just say this one thing, at max level PVP on storm, most times going second insane bolt is my only option as storm shields are everywhere and we have no efficient way to remove them such as a DOT.
Yes, storm got DOT spells. as treasure cards and from a pet.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
jester094 on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
I thought they patched and mass banned the Insane bolt glitch, (this was like in the 2nd age lol). I do think you have the wrong insight on insane bolt.

Also supernova shouldn't be nerfed, it's accuracy is so low that it makes it a risky spell to use.
Insane bolt glitch still in use, not patched yet.
I've never said surpernova's accuracy to be nerfed.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
shinyteddy on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:
Yes, storm got DOT spells. as treasure cards and from a pet.
PVP on a max level storm and get back to me about that, thank!

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Hello Kingsisle Team,

~Thanks
This post is kinda bias. Seems like you're trying to nerfed the schools you can't beat and buff life. Also even used nerfed in the wrong contents. "Dryad to be nerfed from 200 into 400 per pip. Thats clearly a buff not a nerf. You're trying to nerf a school that arguably has the less out of all schools? Thats like someone saying Make triage 3 pips because life triages me, Doom is good 2 pips because guess what death has no damage bubble and it doesnt help death at all unless they are already ahead in the fight. Bad Juju should remind 90% because death can't even use it while blading and they also take damage from it. Regeneration is perfect the way it is. 52+1101 heal why would it need guidance again when people use it already effectively and its a good why to cancel out shrike damage. Caterpillar is already op. Caterpillar has more damage than sorrow and an more useful effect + its less pips. The only spells life needs a buff on is Sacred Charge and Winged fate, so other than you cant complain

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
PVP on a max level storm and get back to me about that, thank!
I've did and that's why I've posted this post. kinda unfair so should speak the truth. Thanks!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
wakaflame201 on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
This post is kinda bias. Seems like you're trying to nerfed the schools you can't beat and buff life. Also even used nerfed in the wrong contents. "Dryad to be nerfed from 200 into 400 per pip. Thats clearly a buff not a nerf. You're trying to nerf a school that arguably has the less out of all schools? Thats like someone saying Make triage 3 pips because life triages me, Doom is good 2 pips because guess what death has no damage bubble and it doesnt help death at all unless they are already ahead in the fight. Bad Juju should remind 90% because death can't even use it while blading and they also take damage from it. Regeneration is perfect the way it is. 52+1101 heal why would it need guidance again when people use it already effectively and its a good why to cancel out shrike damage. Caterpillar is already op. Caterpillar has more damage than sorrow and an more useful effect + its less pips. The only spells life needs a buff on is Sacred Charge and Winged fate, so other than you cant complain
You misunderstood. Life is used by many schools using life amulet, life can't use bad juju but all schools can use healing spells, can use triage, etc. Doom can be used like sanctuary and should be equalled into the amount of pips casted. Bad juju must be nerfed same as the guardian spirit. Regeneration isn't enough for life since other schools spells give accuracy and weakness and it doesn't stop an enemy or give an protection to life, as damaging does that and life must be alive since it's the school of life. Caterpillar is the same amount of pips casted similar to other schools, and making the absorb stronger is great since it's life and making absorb useful! Why are you against that while all schools can use it and it's a great thing for life School.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
shinyteddy on Aug 30, 2017 wrote:
You misunderstood. Life is used by many schools using life amulet, life can't use bad juju but all schools can use healing spells, can use triage, etc. Doom can be used like sanctuary and should be equalled into the amount of pips casted. Bad juju must be nerfed same as the guardian spirit. Regeneration isn't enough for life since other schools spells give accuracy and weakness and it doesn't stop an enemy or give an protection to life, as damaging does that and life must be alive since it's the school of life. Caterpillar is the same amount of pips casted similar to other schools, and making the absorb stronger is great since it's life and making absorb useful! Why are you against that while all schools can use it and it's a great thing for life School.
Life gets weaver which is a good spammable spell what gives weakness. Same people can use heals and triage. Other schools can also utilize dark pact, empower and sacrifice better than the actual school. Also if you time the caterpillar right and you're second it can be used to protect other shields. The only thing i would say needs to be changed about life is a Sacred charge, wings of fate and goat. Guardian is fine as it but you also have to think about that juju can't be used while blading which death needs blades to even compete which death self damage spells make death the worst coordinated school in pvp but on the other hand its a great pve.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
shinyteddy on Aug 30, 2017 wrote:
I've did and that's why I've posted this post. kinda unfair so should speak the truth. Thanks!
And how long did it take you to get to warlord on a max storm wizard in ranked?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
wakaflame201 on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Life gets weaver which is a good spammable spell what gives weakness. Same people can use heals and triage. Other schools can also utilize dark pact, empower and sacrifice better than the actual school. Also if you time the caterpillar right and you're second it can be used to protect other shields. The only thing i would say needs to be changed about life is a Sacred charge, wings of fate and goat. Guardian is fine as it but you also have to think about that juju can't be used while blading which death needs blades to even compete which death self damage spells make death the worst coordinated school in pvp but on the other hand its a great pve.
Death has good attacking spells and lowering bad juju is fair because of the damaging spells given. sanctuary to be equalled to death bubble pips from 2 to 3. The death spells you mentioned is untrainable but on the other hand, life healing spells is trainable by all schools. Life weaver is weaker than lord and making it to carry weakness with casting a -35% as lore would be fair. Sacred charge needs to be given to life wizards as trainable and change the damage, goat, add -50% accuracy to enemy as all schools has such a spell that does it. If guardian is nerfed then bad juju need to be nerfed too and about the blading the wizards use enfeeble which means all of us can't blade these days. have a great day.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
And how long did it take you to get to warlord on a max storm wizard in ranked?
You must experience on ranking then be back telling me how long did it take. Storm ranks in no time.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
This post seems biased because it is. Right now death gets -100 from all their half heal spells. While everyone gets a full 300 for Epic, death only gets 200. It's not fair. Fire's Link doesn't get a deduction and it's the same type of spell. Stuff is seriously wrong.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I honestly think each school has different weakness/strengths. When it's not our own school getting the "strength" we notice it. When it's our school getting the "weakness" we notice it. We don't really notice what other players are going through with their own spells/school/issue. I know at times I get very upset & don't understand a lot of things on this game.For example Jade gear in pvp .. I think we all have one huge thing in common though.. We all just want pvp to be fun again, and made to be fair. So it's okay to be biased. We all are at times. I hope we all get back to enjoying pvp, like fast!