Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

buffing bull

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2014
i think raging bull should be buffed because it only does like 775 damage and -25% accuracy. other spells like lulu do 880 swap health, wings of fate 750 dm and 750 heal, glowbug is like 1000 dm and remove all blades. KI should buff raging bull from 775 dm to 1000 - 1500 dm and -75% accuracy, i thin raging bull is too weak for a fire spell.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I'm unsure as to where you are getting these numbers from, as the majority are incorrect. Keep in mind that Raging Bull can do anywhere from 775 - 900 damage, and when buffed with Epic, those numbers become 1075 - 1200.

On the other hand, Call of Khrulhu does 830 (1030 with Epic). Wings of Fate is far lower, doing only 525 (825 with Epic). Neither of these spells have attack ranges in the way that Raging Bull does. Glowbug Squall actually does more damage, a solid 1120 damage (or 1420 with Epic), but Storm has always had the most damage of any school.

In line with other 108 spells, Raging Bull fairs well. I do agree that it could probably use a small damage boost, but not by 300 or 400 points. Nor should it gain such a high accuracy debuff, as -25% is very reasonable with the coupled damage, as well as when compared to the other level 108 spells' effects.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Shannon Skybreaker on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
I'm unsure as to where you are getting these numbers from, as the majority are incorrect. Keep in mind that Raging Bull can do anywhere from 775 - 900 damage, and when buffed with Epic, those numbers become 1075 - 1200.

On the other hand, Call of Khrulhu does 830 (1030 with Epic). Wings of Fate is far lower, doing only 525 (825 with Epic). Neither of these spells have attack ranges in the way that Raging Bull does. Glowbug Squall actually does more damage, a solid 1120 damage (or 1420 with Epic), but Storm has always had the most damage of any school.

In line with other 108 spells, Raging Bull fairs well. I do agree that it could probably use a small damage boost, but not by 300 or 400 points. Nor should it gain such a high accuracy debuff, as -25% is very reasonable with the coupled damage, as well as when compared to the other level 108 spells' effects.

Best of luck!
S.S.
actually as max fire myself I feel that though it doesn't need a damage buff it could use a bigger accuracy debuff. I have used it many times and if the enemies survive the debuff has never made them fizzle. I believe raising it to 50-55 would be reasonable considering sirens has that range on top of destroying blades and being lower rank then the bull (being a shadow enhanced spell makes it higher rank).

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Honestly?

Be thankful it's not a dot and only needs 6 pips. Wings of fate, however, is a dot attack that not even affect the target when it hits, which can be compared to scald, literally. The attack is pretty reasonable as well!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Raging Bull, eeh, it does a fair amount of damage with a base of 775-900. If fire wizards wants a buff, I would say a 75-125 buff with -45% accuracy or just make the accuracy -65% in my opinion. I know epics boots the damage but many of these young players don't look at that. They look at numbers for the base damage, heals and what the spell cards do while picking a school to play

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
stay golden on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
i think raging bull should be buffed because it only does like 775 damage and -25% accuracy. other spells like lulu do 880 swap health, wings of fate 750 dm and 750 heal, glowbug is like 1000 dm and remove all blades. KI should buff raging bull from 775 dm to 1000 - 1500 dm and -75% accuracy, i thin raging bull is too weak for a fire spell.
Sorry, But I Disagree. If they Buffed Raging Bull it would be Too Powerful. Fire usually focuses on Accuracy Debuffs and Overtimes So They Shouldn't Buff it or Change It. Storm is supposed to do tons of damage anyways so Yeah. If you don't like it, Don't use it. You have 2 Options. Don't Use It At All, Or Just Handle It.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I think Bull's damage is pretty good. Just to put it into perspective, ice would need 10 pips and a shadow pip to do 850 damage to all enemies, which is around the base damage bull can do for 6 pips and a shadow pip.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I believe this topic was gone over ad nauseum when this spell was released. As you may have noticed fire is getting more and more damage boost with each update, so that should more than make up for the perception this spell is too weak.