Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-4-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi folks, it's come around once again to my favorite day of the week - Feedback Friday!

This week, let's talk about chat channels. With the last update, we've added Friend Chat Channels to the Spiral. If we were to expand it further to Public Chat Channels, which one(s) would you be interested in? Fishing? Gardening? PvP? Something else? Also, how many people do you think is TOO many in a chat channel?

Also, as a repeat, if the Shadow Trickster is still tricking you, please contact Customer Service, they'll get you sorted.

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
It would be cool if there was a chat channel for dungeons!

Sometimes people fall behind because they got pulled into a battle or they have to go afk for a quick moment. If you are not friends with the people in the dungeon or you used team up, a chat channel would make it easy to tell the other players you are with that you fell behind.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Dungeon chat, shared with everyone in the same dungeon as you.

The limit of a chat channel should be as many as the servers can handle.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Mute all spectators, then add a public chat channel that they can Choose to join or not. I am tired of being subjected to trash talk and profanity in the arena.

Thanks!

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
I think there should be a "Looking for Party" chat that everyone can see regardless of location.

A place specifically for players who need help completing certain dungeons, quests, etc. or perhaps people who are just bored of soloing and want to tag alone with someone.

It doesn't need to be called "Looking for Party" but yeah...

(By the way, I love Shadow spells, please add more! I'm definitely in favor of the reverse Dark Empower spell, trading pips or power pips for a shadow pip would be very useful!)

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I very seldom use chat. So I can't really give any feedback.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I have the feeling that PvP chat channels would become really negative really fast just judging from the chatter around watching PvP matches already.

I am not sure how gardening or fishing chat channels would help because they are so individual. Each player has his own garden and individual fish. I feel like they wouldn't get used much.

I would love to see World chats or maybe zone chats. Zone chats in particular would make it much easier to coordinate for dungeons like for instance Darkmoor or Horizon Hold. Players could arrange teams through the zone chat that would span all areas instead of having to hop realms to find team mates.

Moira Stormheart

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Moira Stormheart on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
I have the feeling that PvP chat channels would become really negative really fast just judging from the chatter around watching PvP matches already.

I am not sure how gardening or fishing chat channels would help because they are so individual. Each player has his own garden and individual fish. I feel like they wouldn't get used much.

I would love to see World chats or maybe zone chats. Zone chats in particular would make it much easier to coordinate for dungeons like for instance Darkmoor or Horizon Hold. Players could arrange teams through the zone chat that would span all areas instead of having to hop realms to find team mates.

Moira Stormheart
PVP chat is already toxic, at least with a chat channel perhaps the innocent will not be subjected to it

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Jewel extraction. I was looking at the drop rate of the +5% healing out, mending opals from YouTube videos posted and found that it is not worth buying but could be worth keeping the opals I have if there was an extrication mechanic in the game.
(out of all the 9 videos I only seen one drop after 40,000 crowns in.)

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
I think that there should be a channel based on the area you are in (regardless of the realm). This way you can find people to quest with if necessary. The area based chat, however, should cap at (50?) people and make a second chat group for that same area for people who enter the area after the chat is capped (I hope that made sense). Players should only join public chat channels if they choose to manually, or unless they have marked in the settings to automatically join public chat channels.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Necromancer Chris on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
I think there should be a "Looking for Party" chat that everyone can see regardless of location.

A place specifically for players who need help completing certain dungeons, quests, etc. or perhaps people who are just bored of soloing and want to tag alone with someone.

It doesn't need to be called "Looking for Party" but yeah...

(By the way, I love Shadow spells, please add more! I'm definitely in favor of the reverse Dark Empower spell, trading pips or power pips for a shadow pip would be very useful!)
Pardon the typo, I meant tag along, not tag alone, but I suppose that's obvious.

A "trade chat" would also be nice, but I don't believe Wizard101 has much of a player run marketplace...so I guess a "Treasure card trade chat" or whatever other name suits it better.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Jasmine3429 on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
PVP chat is already toxic, at least with a chat channel perhaps the innocent will not be subjected to it
I see what you are getting at. But what these negative people want is a reaction and if they don't get it on the chat channel, they are going to chat publicly anyways. Why provide another way (potentially more far reaching even) for people to contribute to a negative atmosphere?

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
you should do another event on the website where you bring all the old bundles back for like a week

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
narwhal909 on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
you should do another event on the website where you bring all the old bundles back for like a week
Umm, a bit off topic, but hey, I'm guilty of the same.

I wish all the old bundles would come back permanently. Have the recent ones in the store, have the old ones available online.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
Could you add a salon so that we can change the look of our wizards? Like how we picked our looks at the beginning. I am sure that many others would want this idea because their younger selves picked a look they don't agree with now.

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I definitely can see a dungeon or area based chat (regardless of realm) being useful. We'll keep this in mind for future updates.

A new Feedback Friday will be coming your way soon!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea