Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mirage / crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2012
as I am in Mirage doing quest , I come upon Iston Boa , I clicked on he had the magic carpet and other things but I couldn't buy any of it except for a pet,
it said it required the badge Serpentine Scout only/ now how do we obtain that badge , to be able to get those this

Sincerely
jasmine dreameyes

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
crafting704 on Aug 2, 2017 wrote:
as I am in Mirage doing quest , I come upon Iston Boa , I clicked on he had the magic carpet and other things but I couldn't buy any of it except for a pet,
it said it required the badge Serpentine Scout only/ now how do we obtain that badge , to be able to get those this

Sincerely
jasmine dreameyes
You have to defeat a certain number of Snakes.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
crafting704 on Aug 2, 2017 wrote:

Sincerely
jasmine dreameyes
As seen on the Central Badges page, you can get the Serpentine Scout badge by defeating 50 Calixco Guards.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Those badges are called faction badges. At some point he will ask you to kill a set number of boas; when you start working on his assignment, the badge will open up for you to pursue. After you complete his quest, if you then go on to kill the required number for the badge, you'll earn the right to purchase certain items from the Istan Boa vender. I think the required numbers are 50 & 100 boas.

The same idea applies to most of the vendors in Mirage - you have to earn faction badges before you can buy their banners, clothing and mounts.

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Yes, they did change up the crafting in Mirage; you can find out how to obtain the needed badges by looking on wizard101 central wiki. ( google wizard101 and the badge name, you will see how many creatures/types you have to kill to obtain the badge)

Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
This is a thread from last December that lists the faction badges and what mobs to defeat in order to earn a given badge.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/mirage/26-known-mirage-badges-8ad6a42b58e2e1750159191ed5d76649

I think there was a typo in there for Dune Veteran. Tyler wrote to defeat 50 Dune Djinn, but I'm fairly certain the correct number will be 100 Djinn.

Alia Misthaven