Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Empowerment / Adapt

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Ever since this latest update with PvP changes, I've noticed the the pip-gain auras have been acting slightly differently. Instead of grant 1 pip/power pip per incoming spell as stated, it has apparently been giving 1 per effect of the spell.

So incoming spells with double functions, such as Storm Lord cause the aura to give 2 pips (or 2 Power Pips for Adapt), one for the damage and one for the stun.

Since the Empwerment/Adapt aura spellline has always been greatly underwhelmed, this does seem a nice improvement to put them on pair as useful for most players. Adapt was part of my Life's gameplay and this can actually make me consider it for other wizards, who previously couldn't make good use of it.

However there's no mention of changes to the aura in the Update Notes, so I'm unsure if it's an intended change meant to make them more viable for gameplay, or just a bug caused by the system changes from the Turn-Based system.

To be clear, both auras are acting this way in all gameplay scenarios I've tried... not exclusively PvE, PvP or Turn-Based.

So I'd like some clarification whatever this is a bug or a spell update. In case it should be a bug, should I refrain from using the aura until it gets fixed in the near future?

~R

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Thank you for your report. We'll take a look at it.

Explorer
May 03, 2016
adapt and empowerment have always acted like that. They dont give you a pip per attack spell, its a pip for every 4+ or 6+ spell used on you including effects. For example if you were to get with minotuar.. you will get two pips because it hits you twice. Another example is fire dragon, if you were to get hit by that, you get a pip for it hitting you and the effect it leaves afterwards. These spells are not broken or bugged. They always did this even before the update

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
I hope adapt remains the way it is now. Its so much more helpful and It helps in darkmoor to such an extent I am a really good Life in there. If they revert it back the spell wont be as useful.. Please kingsisle Leave it the way it is? Life wizards need the extra Boost In pips to help with healing.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Its got to be a bug. I have been using empowerment forever, and the spell says it gives a pip when attacked with fourth level or higher spells - nothing about getting a pip per effect of the spell. I noticed that it started giving double pips after the most recent update. I took it to be a bug and thought that KingsIsle would have fixed it by now. Not that it isnt nice to rack up those pips super quick, but this is definitely a bug, and they should fix it. It's not fair to the monsters.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I love they effect and that's why i came back to the game with my life wizard. Sadly they reverted it with out warning and i will go play another game now. Hope KI enjoyed the 50-100 bucks a week wile it lasted.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009