Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Cards With Insanely High Damage?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2013
Hi, I'm a newcomer to PvP in Wizard101 so I may not know a lot. Go easy on me, haha.

In watching PvP matches on the game, what has struck me dumbfounded is how players are able to take rank 2 spells that normally deal damage between 100 and 200 and cause them to deal damage ranging from 500 to 700 without any buffs. I know that some of the ways they accomplish this are with damage-adding clothing and enchants, but there's something else I'm wondering about now.

I recently watched a video on YouTube of a deck setup for Legendary Balance wizards. Being a Legendary Balance, I thought the video was worth a view. Among the treasure cards he recommended were Scorpions, but these Scorpions had damage ranging from 410 to 450. I know that you can enchant a regular learned Scorpion to have that amount of damage with Gargantuan or Epic, but I don't understand how he had a treasure card with that much damage.

Is there some way to enchant treasure cards that I haven't heard of yet? Or is there a source for these wildly-damaging treasure cards that I should seriously start visiting? A boss that drops these high-damage low-rank cards? A card pack?

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
With the right gear, you can get 2 and 3 pip spells to do a ton of damage. I also have a legendary balance, and at the moment, my base damage is something like 84%. Waterworks gear, the right wand, crafted gear and pet jewels, and voila-I can get an enchanted scorpion (not a TC) to hit for right around 500. Wintertusk vendors also sell recipes for very good gear.

My suggestion is to farm for good gear, spend time crafting, and practice on those poor Lost Souls in Unicorn Way. Arrange your gear, deck, pets, etc., until you kill one of them with a 400-500 damage scorpion.

Survivor
May 10, 2013
I know how to get normal spells to do that much damage.

What I'm saying is that the guy in the video had Scorpion treasure cards that did over 400 damage by default.

I'm wondering where to get these kinds of treasure cards? When farming the bazaar, all I've ever gotten are Scorpion treasure cards that default do a bit over 200.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
It sounds like he is enchanting regular scorpion with tc of gargantuan, giant, etc., then storing them in his side deck. This is a common practice in pvp - use tc enchanted spells to keep in the side to have ready at hand.

Survivor
May 10, 2013
SilverbackMonkey on Jul 29, 2017 wrote:
It sounds like he is enchanting regular scorpion with tc of gargantuan, giant, etc., then storing them in his side deck. This is a common practice in pvp - use tc enchanted spells to keep in the side to have ready at hand.
How would you do that? I didn't know you could store an enchanted regular spell in your side deck. Can you give me an explanation for how to do such a thing?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Physicism on Jul 30, 2017 wrote:
How would you do that? I didn't know you could store an enchanted regular spell in your side deck. Can you give me an explanation for how to do such a thing?
You need to buy Damage Enchantment Treasure cards, such as Gargantuan, you then use them to enchant your regular spells and voila, they are now treasure cards!

i believe the first world you can buy gargantuan is in Celestia at the Archivist, but they are sometimes at the bazaar, if your level is too low for those you can buy Monstrous

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Buy gargantuan TC in bazaar, head over to Golem Tower, and make your own treasure cards. Keep 5-6 wand hits, enter battle with first NPC, right click a wand hit, pull up gargantuans and enchant regular cards. Right click every enchanted card. Keep going until you run out of enchants, then kill NPC with wand.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
To put your regular spells in your side deck you have to enchant them with treasure cards. You can buy tc gargantuans from the Archivist in the District of the Stars or if you want an extra buff you can make a sunion farm and get colossal tc.

Once you get your enchantments use an empty deck and load in your attacks you want to enchant. Then put the enchants in the sideboard. Go battle a lost soul in Unicon Way (Any easy mob), enchant your attacks then flee. (Your sideboard should now have tc versions of the spells you enchanted with enhanced damage)

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Here's how you make enchanted tc:

fill a deck with the spells you want to enchant - put tc of gargantuan, giant, etc in your side board.
go to a quiet area (unicorn way is popular for this); each round enchant the spells in hand and discard it; the enchanted spell will be saved as a new treasure card.

Make a bunch and Voila, they are there for you to put in as tc in your other decks as needed.

You can do this to make tc for stronger hits, making heals higher (with Primordial tc), and mutates from the Archivist.

Have Fun

Survivor
May 10, 2013
Many thanks to everyone who responded!