Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Delete Side Quest button

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 08, 2012
Too many times have I gotten a side quest that I didn't mean to get. I have 10+ side quests on my max fire that I will never do because they are either too boring or too much of a waste of time. I think adding a button to remove side quests from your quest book would help people be able to have a clean quest book and in general improve the game's flow. Also you wouldn't be able to remove main quests.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Helpful Jose Neels on Jul 26, 2017 wrote:
Too many times have I gotten a side quest that I didn't mean to get. I have 10+ side quests on my max fire that I will never do because they are either too boring or too much of a waste of time. I think adding a button to remove side quests from your quest book would help people be able to have a clean quest book and in general improve the game's flow. Also you wouldn't be able to remove main quests.
You can "remove" side quests by doing them.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
Yes, there is no reason to not implement this.
If they do implement this, I think that the original quest holder should be one you get it from.
let's say you need to craft a Tea Set for a training point. When you remove that task, the quest gets reset and goes back to the original quest holder. Also, they should either make is so that if you want to get the quest again, KI either makes it so all experience, gold, and training points get reset to the value before the quest began, OR make it so that you gain nothing up until the point in which you returned the quest.

~Ian NightHunter, Level 78

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
In the last sentence, I assume you meant main quests instead of side quests? Anyways, yes, this is an idea that I've been wanting to come reality for a long time, I've gotten a bunch of quests that I are super old and I'll never do them, yet they just bother me, taking up space in my book. Being able to quit side quests, or at the very least, hide quests in your quest log, would be wonderful.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I requested this last week as well and completely agree. It'd be relatively easy to implement and as long as they make main questlines undeletable then there's no reason this feature should not be added.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2012
BrahmShadow on Jul 26, 2017 wrote:
You can "remove" side quests by doing them.
That's the thing, I'm not going to ever do them because it is a waste of my time. The Spiral Geographic Society tower in Marleybone won't ever get done and I just want it out of my quest log to seem more orderly.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Helpful Jose Neels on Jul 27, 2017 wrote:
That's the thing, I'm not going to ever do them because it is a waste of my time. The Spiral Geographic Society tower in Marleybone won't ever get done and I just want it out of my quest log to seem more orderly.
Then you should have done research on that quest instead of getting it and then continuing to do the side quests in that quest chain.

Either do the quest or watch out for what side quests you get.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The best solution to this issue would be for KI to remove the "Decline" option for ALL main story quests. That way it would be a simple choice for the players. It has been removed from a few as of April 2014, but maybe it should be expanded.

Unfortunately for those who have accepted a side quest, KI has stated early in the game they will not be adding a "delete" button since it would create issues that would tie up support trying to restore main quests that may have been accidentally deleted.

I would suggest reading what Prospector Zeke posted on this page.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/delete-quest-why-no-option-2816?page=2

That thread was started in Dec. 2008 and finally locked in July 2014. 41/2 years on the same thread.

As I stated, it would be a better way for KI just to remove the "Decline" from ALL main quests. But remember, there are some sides you must do in order to receive SCHOOL Spell and Pet quests. Once you skip one of those, you will not receive any more until you go back and do them. That also means you have to do Grizz and at least a large amount of WinterTusk. There are spell and pet quests to be completed in WT.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
I completely agree. My quest tab is filled up with way too many side quests, and on my max fire there is no reason to do them unless they give a badge or something, which i will most likely not care for. I have side quests all the way from Krokotopia and up, so it would be very useful even if I plan to do the quests later- one at a time.

Hannah Rosethorn ~120
Tatiana Winterbreeze ~89
Fallon Hexshard ~40

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I just read what Zeke and Gama wrote on a topic like this one in 2010. First I'd like to say: KI never said they would never add the delete button. They did say no a few time but no does not mean never. 2. That was 7 years ago. As technology grow since the game launched, KI is finding ways to take down barriers that kept them from adding options to the game. Quest Finder was added in along with few other options shortly after the game went from Beta to online internet and more are still being added. Now KI made it easier for players to tell the difference between storyline and side quest. So who knows, maybe KI will find a way to add the delete button in in the near future by putting some kind of lock on storyline and spell quests if there's enough request.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:
I just read what Zeke and Gama wrote on a topic like this one in 2010. First I'd like to say: KI never said they would never add the delete button. They did say no a few time but no does not mean never. 2. That was 7 years ago. As technology grow since the game launched, KI is finding ways to take down barriers that kept them from adding options to the game. Quest Finder was added in along with few other options shortly after the game went from Beta to online internet and more are still being added. Now KI made it easier for players to tell the difference between storyline and side quest. So who knows, maybe KI will find a way to add the delete button in in the near future by putting some kind of lock on storyline and spell quests if there's enough request.
True, but if you go look at the update notes from April 2014, you will see that KI did remove the "Decline" button from a few main story quests then. In all reality, that would be the best option rather than adding a "Delete" button.

If you can't "DECLINE" a quest then you will know it is a main story line quest. If you have ever paid any attention to some of the quests, you would notice you could not decline them. Even In Khrysalis, I came across quests that could not be declined.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
DragonLady1818 on Aug 2, 2017 wrote:
True, but if you go look at the update notes from April 2014, you will see that KI did remove the "Decline" button from a few main story quests then. In all reality, that would be the best option rather than adding a "Delete" button.

If you can't "DECLINE" a quest then you will know it is a main story line quest. If you have ever paid any attention to some of the quests, you would notice you could not decline them. Even In Khrysalis, I came across quests that could not be declined.
I do pay attention and you are right about what you said but if KI feel "decline" is the best solution then why are players still complaining and more are coming in. Those who are complaining don't care about other solutions. They WANT a delete button; simple as that. Otherwise those quests will remain in their book. Players take certain side quests thinking it may be cool to do but when they get to the quest's location, that person's interest my be lost. Because it's a side quest not a job or a school assignment, player's feel they can decide not to do it and want to delete it in this roll playing game. this is what I heard from time to time while playing.

Too much unhappiness will win at the end.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 3, 2017 wrote:
I do pay attention and you are right about what you said but if KI feel "decline" is the best solution then why are players still complaining and more are coming in. Those who are complaining don't care about other solutions. They WANT a delete button; simple as that. Otherwise those quests will remain in their book. Players take certain side quests thinking it may be cool to do but when they get to the quest's location, that person's interest my be lost. Because it's a side quest not a job or a school assignment, player's feel they can decide not to do it and want to delete it in this roll playing game. this is what I heard from time to time while playing.

Too much unhappiness will win at the end.
I know they want that button but, there could also be unwanted consequences if it were added. The biggest problem would be accidentally deleting a main story quest.

BUT, we all know there are certain side quests that have to be done in regards to spell and pet quests. Let's say for example, KI adds "Delete". In the game as it is now, we have all seen numerous unintended glitches. Now we have "Delete" and a player/s start deleting quests. OOPS, one of those was one for Eric Wyrdrune (which is actually a SIDE quest) and when the player figures out they needed that quest and tries to retrieve the quest again, we end up with another glitch that prevents them from doing so. The only way to prevent something like this is to remove the "Decline" from ALL Main quests along with ALL SPELL/PET quests.

Grizz and WT are considered as SIDE worlds BUT in order to receive certain spell and pet quests, players do have to advance into WT and usually into Sudrilund at the very least. Have you noticed some of the posts by players stating they have not received some of their spell quests? Not doing Grizz and WT is part of the reason for many. At the very least, players need to READ the Dialog to see if it is a spell or pet quest. But not doing certain areas of the game are going to cause many to have to back track to find what they missed.

For some, having those side quests will give them something to do once they max out if they are not too concerned about not receiving the additional XP. IF by some chance they have actually completed all worlds and are still below max level, then those sides will also help make up the XP as well.

I disagree that a "Delete" button is needed. I think it would be a mistake.. Just remove the Decline from Main Story and leave it at that.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
This feature has been requested a lot but it probably won't happen, I believe someone for KI said that they would not implement this feature, but don't quote me on that. I really do want this added though.