Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp people being reported get rid of the button

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
this is ridiculous, I got reported lastnight cause of a certain person wanted to level up their rank so falsely reported me, I wrote in and told them this is so wrong I get a false report and yet I get threatened to have my membership where can not have free chat, this is wrong fix the report button, or get rid of it, I pay out lots of money every month and year, I get band for someone else who just wants to randomly report false statement, ya im not to happy,, im trying to level rank too but im no low life that has to falsely report a person to get their ways, time to take the report button off,, people pay to play but yet gets disciplined for someone being stupid and selfish ,, if it happens you will lose me, cause I wont pay my money out to a game who has no respect for a paid member who buys every month crowns or membership,, ya get rid of the report button

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Then how am I going to report all those nasty children cursing around the filter and spewing disgusting chat in the Arena?

If the reports are truly false you should be fine as far as sanctions go, I would strongly recommend you just do not talk to these people, even trying to explain to them why they are wrong doing what they do does not seem to help them.

I must be getting old, but I seriously wonder what is so wrong in these kid's lives that they feel the need to act like this.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
germany67 on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
this is ridiculous, I got reported lastnight cause of a certain person wanted to level up their rank so falsely reported me, I wrote in and told them this is so wrong I get a false report and yet I get threatened to have my membership where can not have free chat, this is wrong fix the report button, or get rid of it, I pay out lots of money every month and year, I get band for someone else who just wants to randomly report false statement, ya im not to happy,, im trying to level rank too but im no low life that has to falsely report a person to get their ways, time to take the report button off,, people pay to play but yet gets disciplined for someone being stupid and selfish ,, if it happens you will lose me, cause I wont pay my money out to a game who has no respect for a paid member who buys every month crowns or membership,, ya get rid of the report button
Germany67, I'm sorry players are falsely reporting you. KingsIsle will not remove the report button, however. It's essential to the game to report legitimate wizards who focus on doing harm. If you are concerned about losing your account, yet you know that you are doing nothing wrong, there is nothing to worry about. It is the people who falsely reported you who risk losing their account, not you. You can always contact KingsIsle if you have any questions.

I don't think KingsIsle can stop people from falsely reporting others. I mentioned this before in another post. KingsIsle can only review the report, investigate it, and determine whether the report is legitimate or not. I myself have been falsely reported before—both in PvP and outside of the arena—yet here I am. I have not lost nor have I been muted because of false reports. I will say it again: if you know for a fact that you are not doing anything wrong, there is nothing to worry about; you will not lose your account for being falsely reported.

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
Would people just stop with this "I got reported!" stuff. If you didn't do anything wrong then you wont get in trouble! And if you were doing something wrong you deserve to be punished! Simple as that!

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
The Weather Man on Jul 28, 2017 wrote:
Would people just stop with this "I got reported!" stuff. If you didn't do anything wrong then you wont get in trouble! And if you were doing something wrong you deserve to be punished! Simple as that!
no I didn't do nothing wrong but the ones who are doing these reports need to be disciplined, I gave the name of who it was , and im sure the company got the report and will do such thing, im hoping,, its not right when a person doesn't do anything wrong or say something wrong that we get a notice that we just got reported for foul language, when there was none, that upset me I spend close to 500 or more a year in this game, I pay for a full year membership, not to be harassed by some one who wants to rank up and wants me to flee, and when I don't flee they report so I lose my rights, of open chat, that isn't right,,

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Jul 25, 2017 wrote:
Then how am I going to report all those nasty children cursing around the filter and spewing disgusting chat in the Arena?

If the reports are truly false you should be fine as far as sanctions go, I would strongly recommend you just do not talk to these people, even trying to explain to them why they are wrong doing what they do does not seem to help them.

I must be getting old, but I seriously wonder what is so wrong in these kid's lives that they feel the need to act like this.
all I said is no I wasn't fleeing the pvp for them to rank up she said how rude, I said sorry im not fleeing and she reported me saying I used foul language, I don't swear on here, I try to be nice to everyone in this game, if they are being rude I do flee sometimes or I click the chat off so I cant see what they say to me

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
Angel of Solitude on Jul 26, 2017 wrote:
Germany67, I'm sorry players are falsely reporting you. KingsIsle will not remove the report button, however. It's essential to the game to report legitimate wizards who focus on doing harm. If you are concerned about losing your account, yet you know that you are doing nothing wrong, there is nothing to worry about. It is the people who falsely reported you who risk losing their account, not you. You can always contact KingsIsle if you have any questions.

I don't think KingsIsle can stop people from falsely reporting others. I mentioned this before in another post. KingsIsle can only review the report, investigate it, and determine whether the report is legitimate or not. I myself have been falsely reported before—both in PvP and outside of the arena—yet here I am. I have not lost nor have I been muted because of false reports. I will say it again: if you know for a fact that you are not doing anything wrong, there is nothing to worry about; you will not lose your account for being falsely reported.
ty,, ya I haven't lost my account,just sad that people are like that, I almost started to cry when I seen it come across my screen and when I asked her she fleed the duel, that upset me real bad, im glad I didn't do nothing wrong, and that the company reviews them and ya I haven't heard nothing after that, so I must be okay,

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I report people mainly for circumventing the filters to curse or use adult language.

I mainly get reported for winning. I don't care. K.I. can read back what was said and see who was using crude language.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
germany67 on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
no I didn't do nothing wrong but the ones who are doing these reports need to be disciplined, I gave the name of who it was , and im sure the company got the report and will do such thing, im hoping,, its not right when a person doesn't do anything wrong or say something wrong that we get a notice that we just got reported for foul language, when there was none, that upset me I spend close to 500 or more a year in this game, I pay for a full year membership, not to be harassed by some one who wants to rank up and wants me to flee, and when I don't flee they report so I lose my rights, of open chat, that isn't right,,
KingsIsle checks what was being said at the time of the report. I don't envy that person's job; especially reports coming from the PVP arenas.
If those who are false reporting knew that the player that they report ( falsely ) won't be sanctioned, muted or banned, they would probably just stop ( no revenge coming from that ).
And if they found out that false reporting has consequences to themselves, they would definitely stop false reporting.
So calm down, you're not the one who'll be in trouble.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I was once reported for saying kitty, I asked KingsIsle why I was still muted and they said it's cause of that. Kind of strange.