Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Selling Crown Shop Items?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2010
To be honest, sometimes I accidentally buy the wrong item in the crown shop. And I know I can't get my crowns back so I'm upset.

Coming From A Max Level Wizard Who Has Played The Game For A Decent Amount Of Time-

Crown shop items players buy should be sell able not only for gold, but for crowns to.
My Idea -

Crown Shop Items Should Be Able To Be Sold For Around The Same Price In Crowns For Gold.

Also, Players Should Be Able To Sell Crown Shop Items For Around Half The Price Of What They Originally
Bought It For.

Reply If You Disagree or Agree.

-Luke SkyWalker Lvl 120

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
ols1024 on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
To be honest, sometimes I accidentally buy the wrong item in the crown shop. And I know I can't get my crowns back so I'm upset.

Coming From A Max Level Wizard Who Has Played The Game For A Decent Amount Of Time-

Crown shop items players buy should be sell able not only for gold, but for crowns to.
My Idea -

Crown Shop Items Should Be Able To Be Sold For Around The Same Price In Crowns For Gold.

Also, Players Should Be Able To Sell Crown Shop Items For Around Half The Price Of What They Originally
Bought It For.

-Luke SkyWalker Lvl 120
How can you "accidentally" buy the wrong thing from the Crown Shop? Whenever I buy something I get a pop-up "Are you sure you want to buy this?"
KI isn't responsible for your mistakes. A half off refund of Crowns won't happen because of mistakes, buyer's regret or just being tired of the item purchased, they would lose money from this.

Survivor
May 23, 2013

My Idea -

Bought It For.

-Luke SkyWalker Lvl 120
I truly like your ideas. But, I have a point that KI won't make that ideas comes true.

Let's take an example. There are many monsters who dropped crown items just like Tse-tse Snaketail who drops Splendid Chapeau, Sidhe gears, etc which is those items have a "crowns only" status (You can get the crown items at level 70+ or maybe more). From my experience, the bigger your level, the more often you'll meet a monsters with a chance to drop crowns items. Logically (by applying your ideas), if someone who has a crown items and he needs crowns so bad, they will sell that item and they'll get the half of the item's price. It means, if KI applies your ideas, players won't buy the crowns on the official website or the other places. They will keep farming the boss who dropped a crown items and gain some crowns by selling it. If this happens continously, (I hope this won't happens) KI will go broke and possibly (Please don't) they will close Wizard101.

Seriously, I like your ideas, but we have to know what's the impact about this one.
Hope to see you in Spiral
Jonathan Golden (Level 120+)

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
I too also love that idea My level 120 storm would love to be able to do this.

Survivor
May 05, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
How can you "accidentally" buy the wrong thing from the Crown Shop? Whenever I buy something I get a pop-up "Are you sure you want to buy this?"
KI isn't responsible for your mistakes. A half off refund of Crowns won't happen because of mistakes, buyer's regret or just being tired of the item purchased, they would lose money from this.
Cause Im Stupid

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
ols1024 on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
Cause Im Stupid
You're not stupid, just human like the rest of us. I know I've accidentally bought the wrong thing more than once, when I was in a hurry or not paying close attention.

Your idea is an interesting one, but I wonder if people would find a way to exploit it.
Also, there may be a problem with crowns pack gear being sold back for more than the Crown pack was worth. Say you bought one crown pack for 399, but got a mount worth 12,000 crowns. What's a fair price to sell it back for? 6000 Crowns is way more than you spent to get it in the first place, at least in this scenario....

On the other hand, so many crown seeds were dropping in Mirage that I got sick of having to trash them and wished I could sell them back for something truly useful.

So maybe a Crowns Shop credit exchange would be a fair alternative. We turn in several "no auction" items and get 'Crown Store credit' to buy something else. The more stuff we turn in, the more credit we can stock up.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010

My Idea -

Bought It For.

-Luke SkyWalker Lvl 120
This would be helpful if the game didn't have a confirmation feature to the crowns shop.
I understand that sometimes you may buy the wrong item, but I think that would also bring up some more glitches and exploits for a while to get more crowns/gold.
Nonetheless, this probably won't get added into the game, but I like your idea.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
How about....
Why Do You Capitalize Every Single Word
Lowkey my brain had an issue reading that with every word capitalized
This is a nice idea in some ways because when I was a noob I used crowns to buy a coin mount and oh how I wish I didn't do that and I wish I could get them back.

~Natalie lvl 84
~Natalie lvl 36

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
You can farm for almost all crown shop items, except for some of the pack gear (some is farmable). I never buy crowns because I just farm for the crowns items I need. I buy crowns on occasion when I need gear from the game.