Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

AOE spells should be sped up

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
With the recent animation change to 'Call of Khrulhu' speeding the spell up immensely, it just leaves more to be desired. Why can't every AoE spell in the game attack all 4 enemies at once? Some of them, such as Ra or Humongo Frog could really use an animation speed up. It would make them less painfully slow.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
They only made call of krhulu sped up because it took SOOOOOOOO
long

The rest aren't that long.

Survivor
May 02, 2016
I agree! Even if they don't take an excessive amount of time it would still be cool to see the Frost Giant animation hit all four enemies with his hammer at once, as opposed to going through the same animation four times. Ra's sun ray gets rather boring really fast when he's your highest attack all spell for several levels (I'm a transcendental sorcerer). Storm Lord would be absolutely phenomenal to see his lightning strike at once.

I'm getting more and more excited the more I think about how all the different attack all spells could be animated. Tempest, Sandstorm, Snow Angel, Earthquake, Scarecrow, Meteor Strike, Blizzard. They're all amazing in their own right, but it would be a breath of fresh air to see an animation upgrade!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Lem27 on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
They only made call of krhulu sped up because it took SOOOOOOOO
long

The rest aren't that long.
I think many would argue that Forest Lord is incredibly long also. Though I don't understand why people didn't really ever complain about Scarecrow, as it effectively does the same thing as Khrulu? I think that the main culprit is the using of traps and blades too.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Well, If they started working on this right now, it would take till Spring 2018 to implement it into all AoE spells. Some AoEs are best when one at a time, (ex. Sandstorm could prob fall into this, Humongofrog.)

Valdus SpellCaster Level 83