Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enemies and Allies suddenly becoming untargettable

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 12, 2017
I, too, have this problem

Survivor
Jul 06, 2017
Hello Kingsisle, Wizard, and so forth,

I am experiencing this extremely annoying issue, and I know many of my fellow wizards are too. First and foremost, there is this problem with not being able to click on a target; in further explanation, what I mean is you can select your spell card, then you can't click on your enemy or yourself, and it has gotten so annoying to the point where I can't cast that final finisher on bosses and end up dying.

Also, there is this other pretty bad problem where I can't click anything on the screen at all. No cards, pass, flee, not even settings. This has caused me to quit the game during important battles numerous times. These are all pretty minor and annoying bugs that cause big problems.

These need to be fixed before neither I, or my fellow wizards, can even finish a battle that we know we can win just because of some selection or clicking malfunction.

Jared StormBringer - Level 26 -

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Dworgyn, are you paying attention to this thread?

It sounds like one of the recent update bugs still hasn't been squashed and Captaincactus1 figured out that it's only happening when other wizards are battling nearby.

People participating on this thread, you may need to file a ticket with support so they can gather information and figure out what is causing this bug. Supposedly the bug was fixed last Friday but if people are still crashing, then they need to know that the bug is still out there. The more information we give them, the faster they can find the problem's source.

Report what you're wearing, including mounts and pets.
Report where you were at.
Report if other wizards were in your battle, or if they were battling nearby.
Report who you were fighting.
Report what spells you know of that were used (including if you see other spells used in a nearby battle!).
Report what time and date it happened.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I was playing this morning on my ice wiz and it happened to me as well.

CONNOR LEGENDBANE 120
CONNOR FROSTGLADE 13

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I was in a battle yesterday where I did not gain pips for 3 rounds wonder if this is related?

Survivor
May 28, 2017
Been having that glitch a lot. Something needs to be done about this, otherwise it can create some major problems later.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2014
I'm also having the bug. It almost happens every battle.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2015
I have been experiencing this problem lately! Hopefully, it gets fixed soon!

~Brandon

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I know I have already posted on this once but this issue needs to be fixed ASAP! It is going to cause a lot of trouble in the higher levels!

EXAMPLE:

You are about to one shot the boss but you can't use your spell. The boss then cheats and removes your blades guess what? Game over!

It's also very annoying! Please fix this KI!

CONNOR LEGENDBANE 120
CONNOR FROSTGLADE 14

Survivor
Jul 23, 2014
Yesterday I was fighting Loremaster in Dragonspyre at level 18 when all of a sudden I couldn't attack. I almost died thanks to her spell, but luckily my friend healed me.
Tarlac DragonTamer level 20

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Freshta on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:
Dworgyn, are you paying attention to this thread?

It sounds like one of the recent update bugs still hasn't been squashed and Captaincactus1 figured out that it's only happening when other wizards are battling nearby.

People participating on this thread, you may need to file a ticket with support so they can gather information and figure out what is causing this bug. Supposedly the bug was fixed last Friday but if people are still crashing, then they need to know that the bug is still out there. The more information we give them, the faster they can find the problem's source.

Report what you're wearing, including mounts and pets.
Report where you were at.
Report if other wizards were in your battle, or if they were battling nearby.
Report who you were fighting.
Report what spells you know of that were used (including if you see other spells used in a nearby battle!).
Report what time and date it happened.

Alia Misthaven
Yup! We believe we have identified the problem and hope to get this fixed as soon as next week.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Hello, my problem is entirely different and only happens when I discard - I can select a spell but then it won't be cast; it's as if I deselected the target and I can't blade or shield. It only happens after I discard.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
This happened to me again this morning. :(

Survivor
Oct 11, 2016
I have been experiencing this problem also. While in MooShu fighting treants, pigs, and elementals. Glad to know someone is on it.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Dworgyn on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
Yup! We believe we have identified the problem and hope to get this fixed as soon as next week.
Thanks Dworgyn!

And good luck to the mighty bug-hunters.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Apr 14, 2017
It doesn't only affect then enemies that you are trying to attack. I am unable to place charms, wards, ect. on myself as well. The only thing you can do is pass.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
Dworgyn on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
Thank you for noticing this thread and acknowledging the problem that everyone has been facing. I appreciate that you and the other admins at Kingsisle are working hard at fixing this problem.
Good luck, everybody! I'm glad to see how well that this thread turned out.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
I stay on the realms marked normal to perfect and still have the problems.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2014
Wolf FireHunter on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
I also would like this to be fixed since the only options in battle would be to pass or use a spell that works without needing to click a target
what level are you